BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

That Kasey Palmer who people were saying wasn’t good enough for us has scored again, for a team above us in the league, away at Sheffield United.

It’s a funny old game....

He’s only played 171 league minutes out of a possible 990 since joining them you know.

Lets not pretend he’s pulling any trees up, as he didn’t here.

54 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Lads it's 8 defeats in 10 games. What if we don't win another game? 

If we lost every game until the end of the season we’d stay up. Rotherham ain’t winning 4 games from 7. The seasons done, in an ideal world we’ll win a couple before the seasons done but as it stands we are going into next season on a horrible run of form. Huge overhaul needed this summer and we should be planning that right now. 

• Like 1

Just now, Butty said:

If we lost every game until the end of the season we’d stay up. Rotherham ain’t winning 4 games from 7. The seasons done, in an ideal world we’ll win a couple before the seasons done but as it stands we are going into next season on a horrible run of form. Huge overhaul needed this summer and we should be planning that right now. 

Who knows? They could win 4. Extreme stuff seems to happen us a lot. Going down on high points, not winning league one with high points. Nothing would surprise me. The sooner we are mathematically safe the better. 

Guess who's bottom of the form league for the last 10 games.

Was it the calendar year 1998 where we were top of the Prem at New Year, went on a very bad run to finish mid table, then Woy got sacked in November when we were bottom with only 4 points?

This bad run could continue into next season.?

Just now, bazza said:

Was it the calendar year 1998 where we were top of the Prem at New Year, went on a very bad run to finish mid table, then Woy got sacked in November when we were bottom with only 4 points?

A similar thing happened in 1969-70. I think we were 2nd in the table, when we sold Keith Newton in December.

Following that, we slumped to 11 league defeats, including some thrashings too.-Sound familiar? 

Bingo..guess what happened the following season!

• Like 1

Just now, bazza said:

How many managers can you name that have pulled their club out of a downward spiral like this ? I can't think of any.

37 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Who knows? They could win 4. Extreme stuff seems to happen us a lot. Going down on high points, not winning league one with high points. Nothing would surprise me. The sooner we are mathematically safe the better. 

When Warnock was there he got them out of a deeper hole that the one they're in now. We need something from the Stoke game.

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When Warnock was there he got them out of a deeper hole that the one they're in now. We need something from the Stoke game.

Exactly. 

If they win their next 2 games and we lose our next 2. They are 5 points off us and I would then say we are in a relegation battle. A relegation battle I would not back us having the stomach for. Their next two games are at home followed by Stoke away. 

I think some of you are being a bit flippant with the "we are safe already" stuff. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

7 minutes ago, bazza said:

Anyone who thinks Mowbray will turn this around next season is deluding themselves. I hate saying that, but I think all the signs point to it. 

• Like 4

• Backroom
43 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How many managers can you name that have pulled their club out of a downward spiral like this ? I can't think of any.

Based on Mowbray's history you'd have to say it's extremely unlikely he'll be able to arrest this slide. He hasn't shown himself capable of doing so in any of his previous jobs.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Yeah, me too.

At least he’s played more than Palmer who you’ve got the inexplicable glad eye for!

A fantastic assist from Palmer today... still, who needs Kasey Palmer when we have Craig Conway...?

• Moderation Lead
Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Yeah, me too.

At least he’s played more than Palmer who you’ve got the inexplicable glad eye for!

Because Palmer is good at football, he just needed to be managed better. 

See his current situation at Bristol City, making a difference at a team higher up in the league than us....

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Exactly. 

If they win their next 2 games and we lose our next 2. They are 5 points off us and I would then say we are in a relegation battle. A relegation battle I would not back us having the stomach for. Their next two games are at home followed by Stoke away. 

I think some of you are being a bit flippant with the "we are safe already" stuff. 

500/1 for us being relegated.  If you really are that pessimistic put a couple of quid on it and console yourself with a grand if you're proved right.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Because Palmer is good at football, he just needed to be managed better. 

See his current situation at Bristol City, making a difference at a team higher up in the league than us....

I just think that’s a stretch.

He’s played just over 10% of the league minutes for Bristol City since he joined them.

I know everyone’s looking for a new angle on the “Mowbray is thick” thing but I genuinely don’t share the opinion that Palmer leaving hurts us in any way.

As for Lambert, what an incredible charlatan. You wouldn’t mind him reaching for the rubber dinghy so often if he was actually any bloody good. Look up “self preservation” in the dictionary and you’ll see a picture of our Paul “I met Jurgen Klopp“ Lambert.

• Like 1