BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

9 hours ago, bazza said:

Guess who's bottom of the form league for the last 10 games.

Was it the calendar year 1998 where we were top of the Prem at New Year, went on a very bad run to finish mid table, then Woy got sacked in November when we were bottom with only 4 points?

This bad run could continue into next season.?

I am a great believer in how a club finishes a season is a pointer to the next barring massive personnel changes.

We have 4 games coming up we really should be winning and 3 games for measuring whether we have players who can match the division's best.

If we don't now kick on from the second half at Villa, Rovers will be a club in crisis in close season but relegation is all but an impossibility. 

Even if we simply extrapolate current rotten form, we will pick up two or three points before season end and no way are either Rotherham or Bolton getting above 48 points. QPR down to Millwall all looking long shots for getting anything much above 50 points 

11 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Exactly. 

If they win their next 2 games and we lose our next 2. They are 5 points off us and I would then say we are in a relegation battle. A relegation battle I would not back us having the stomach for. Their next two games are at home followed by Stoke away. 

I think some of you are being a bit flippant with the "we are safe already" stuff. 

We aren’t going down from here mate.

We could lose every game and still stay up.

Rotherham would need to win 4 from the following 7...

Forest, Villa, Stoke, Swansea, Birmingham, West Brom, Boro.

No chance.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The way we're playing at the moment I wouldn't back us to beat Bolton at home.

Well, they beat QPR away yesterday, a team one place below us, with no local pride at stake and with players barely being paid.

We could easily lose.

Just don’t think Rotherham will beat 47 points.

Just now, Stuart said:

Well, they beat QPR away yesterday, a team one place below us, with no local pride at stake and with players barely being paid.

We could easily lose.

I didn't think Leicester were going to win the Prem at almost any point until they actually did it.

33 minutes ago, Stuart said:

We aren’t going down from here mate.

We could lose every game and still stay up.

Rotherham would need to win 4 from the following 7...

Forest, Villa, Stoke, Swansea, Birmingham, West Brom, Boro.

No chance.

I hope you are right, but here comes the old cliche "stranger things have happened" 

Rotherham's remaining fixtures. They'd need to win 4 to go above us even if we don't win another point all season. Not happening.

Sat 6th Apr H Nottingham Forest Championship 3pm    
Wed 10th Apr H Aston Villa Championship 7.45pm    
Sat 13th Apr A Stoke City Championship 3pm    
Fri 19th Apr A Swansea City Championship 3pm    
Mon 22nd Apr H Birmingham City Championship 3pm    
Sat 27th Apr A West Bromwich Albion Championship 3pm    
Sun 5th May H Middlesbrough Championship 12.30pm

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Rotherham's remaining fixtures. They'd need to win 4 to go above us even if we don't win another point all season. Not happening.

Sat 6th Apr H Nottingham Forest Championship 3pm    
Wed 10th Apr H Aston Villa Championship 7.45pm    
Sat 13th Apr A Stoke City Championship 3pm    
Fri 19th Apr A Swansea City Championship 3pm    
Mon 22nd Apr H Birmingham City Championship 3pm    
Sat 27th Apr A West Bromwich Albion Championship 3pm    
Sun 5th May H Middlesbrough Championship 12.30pm

How many of those teams will have the " Nothing to play for " mentality when the games roll around ?

How many of those teams will have the " Nothing to play for " mentality when the games roll around ?

Stoke and Swansea as it stands. Even then there's no guarantees Rotherham are capable of beating them.

If you think Rotherham are going to win 4 then fair enough. I'd say theres no chance. They are probably  worse than us and conceded 6 yesterday. 

Which 4 will they win? 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Stoke and Swansea as it stands. Even then there's no guarantees Rotherham are capable of beating them.

If you think Rotherham are going to win 4 then fair enough. I'd say theres no chance. They are probably  worse than us and conceded 6 yesterday. 

Which 4 will they win? 

Who knows ? Did you expect Bolton to win at Reading yesterday ? If I was that smart I'd be typing this from St Tropez instead of Rochdale.

Who knows ? Did you expect Bolton to win at Reading yesterday ? If I was that smart I'd be typing this from St Tropez instead of Rochdale.

I thought if you were arguing the point you might have something to back it up with. Of course nobody knows what will happen but thees nothing to suggest Rotherham will win four games. Bolton winning at QPR is hardly earth shattering. They are both bad teams. 

35 minutes ago, Stuart said:

We could easily lose.

BW need W5 D1 L1 and Rovers W0 D0 L7

RU need W4 D0 L3 (games are v chasing promo sides) and Rovers W0 D0 L7

The fact that 5 games ago Rotherham needed 4 wins and they're still in that situation suggests they ain't going to do it.  Am certain we'll continue to slide down the table and not get relegated. 

Just checked Millwall are also 10 points below us too so both would need to have a heck of a run of form for us to go down. No way both bad teams will do so. 

Add in there's a few other teams still below us - Reading, Wigan - who somehow we still have a 6/7 point lead over so there's also the possibility their form won't overtake us with so few games too. All in all there's enough dross for us to sleep soundly this season. 

Edited by Blue blood

30 minutes ago, philipl said:

BW need W5 D1 L1 and Rovers W0 D0 L7

RU need W4 D0 L3 (games are v chasing promo sides) and Rovers W0 D0 L7

Yeah, I don’t think it will happen.

The fact that we are discussing it though is a sign of the current unease as opposed to being comfortably mid table. Another sign that we are behind even Mowbray’s current plan. Unless his plan was 21st... :unsure:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I certainly didn’t, but then they were playing QPR. Meantime Reading were beating PNE.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I certainly didn’t, but then they were playing QPR. Meantime Reading were beating PNE.

Ouch! :lol:

Apart from the collar and sponsor it’s a pretty similar kit though...

E786536A-EF5D-4113-8B00-B12140B98935.jpeg