BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

• Backroom
3 hours ago, philipl said:

Boro have lost 5 on the bounce now.

It's actually 6 after yesterday's loss. Their last two wins came at the end of February against QPR and, you guessed it, Rovers. 

• Backroom

It turns out Bolton’s game at weekend only went ahead because the EFL advanced the cash to pay the staff, how is this allowed to happen?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

For those who said we had nothing to worry about when I said I was very concerned about the possibility of relegation a few weeks back, if we lose to Derby and Rotherham win their game, we will be 5 points off relegation with 5 games to go. 

Rotherham's next 3 games are Villa at home, Stoke and Swansea away. I think they'll struggle to get many points from those, but would anyone be surprised if they did Villa and won?

Just the sort of crazy thing that happens at this stage of the season that blows the relegation battle wide open.

Just now, Tom said:

It turns out Bolton’s game at weekend only went ahead because the EFL advanced the cash to pay the staff, how is this allowed to happen?

Probably because various agents have too much influence over the football authorities, and the people who want to be club owners.

Just now, JHRover said:

Rotherham's next 3 games are Villa at home, Stoke and Swansea away. I think they'll struggle to get many points from those, but would anyone be surprised if they did Villa and won?

Just the sort of crazy thing that happens at this stage of the season that blows the relegation battle wide open.

That's a tough run, but I wouldn't be surprised if they picked up a 1-0 win or two. They have been here before and gotten out of it. We are relying on Stoke and Swansea not going on their holidays yet, like we did in February-pathetic 

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

A lot of people seem to relying on us getting 3 points against Bolton. Do you really think they'll come to Ewood and roll over ? I don't. 

Our record against local rivals over the last 6-7 years has been dreadful.

Beating us may well be the only thing they have left to play for by then.

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Tom said:

They're absolutely desperate for Bolton to limp to the season's end so they don't have to deal with issues arising from postponed/forfeited matches. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

For those who said we had nothing to worry about when I said I was very concerned about the possibility of relegation a few weeks back, if we lose to Derby and Rotherham win their game, we will be 5 points off relegation with 5 games to go. 

Not really, we'll be 5 points ahead of Rotherham but still 7 clear of Reading who will be in the bottom 3 as a result. 

There are a lot of teams below us who all have to win 2 or 3 games to go above us, just can't it happening - fortunately. 

15 minutes ago, Derby Blue said:

Not really, we'll be 5 points ahead of Rotherham but still 7 clear of Reading who will be in the bottom 3 as a result. 

There are a lot of teams below us who all have to win 2 or 3 games to go above us, just can't it happening - fortunately. 

But they could win them all the same 

1 hour ago, DE. said:

They're absolutely desperate for Bolton to limp to the season's end so they don't have to deal with issues arising from postponed/forfeited matches. 

I think you are right but surely the integrity of the competition should be brought into question with the very people who should uphold the standards. Any of the clubs involved in the relegation scrap with them should complain about this. I wonder which EFL budget the money came from and what guarantees do they have to ensure payment (presumably with interest).

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Derby Blue said:

Ridiculous that we should even have to be thinking about this all the same. Its not impossible that we could fail to win another point this season.

The team is dying before our eyes.

• Backroom
Just now, arbitro said:

I think you are right but surely the integrity of the competition should be brought into question with the very people who should uphold the standards. Any of the clubs involved in the relegation scrap with them should complain about this. I wonder which EFL budget the money came from and what guarantees do they have to ensure payment (presumably with interest).

The EFL and integrity? Hah. It's just a self-preservation society that answers to nobody but itself.

Just now, DE. said:

The EFL and integrity? Hah. It's just a self-preservation society that answers to nobody but itself.

It says it all really that Ken Anderson passed their fit and proper and it is looking like Bassini, is being lined up to be their next owner. Some very fit and proper people around our game. 

• Backroom

Bolton should now have a 12 month embargo automatically as they have owed players money for a total of 30 days, the league won’t confirm it this will be upheld, imagine they will let it slide so they are more attractive to buy!

Under embargo though promotion from league one may not be easy next season, at least they have Lowe though.

They also have Ehrun Ozumer who I thought looked decent in league one but has only started 8 games which fans aren’t happy about, similar complaints from their fans to ours have had about Rothwell 

8 minutes ago, Tom said:

Bolton should now have a 12 month embargo automatically as they have owed players money for a total of 30 days, the league won’t confirm it this will be upheld, imagine they will let it slide so they are more attractive to buy!

Under embargo though promotion from league one may not be easy next season, at least they have Lowe though.

They also have Ehrun Ozumer who I thought looked decent in league one but has only started 8 games which fans aren’t happy about, similar complaints from their fans to ours have had about Rothwell 

For some reason their fans seem to think the league should ignore the rules to make them more attractive to potential buyers. Conveniently their next court hearing won't be until after the season has finished, so no liquidation until then.

Is it really too much to ask for the League to enforce their own rules rather than attempt to wriggle out of their responsibilities?

It seems they are determined to do whatever they can to ensure that Bolton fulfil their fixtures this season, including lending them money.

If/when they go down it will be interesting. Last time round they were in a similar boat to us with a squad too good for League One and not much by way of competition other than Sheffield United. This time round might not be as smooth a ride, especially with 3-4 of Ipswich, Barnsley, Sunderland, Portsmouth and Charlton probably in there too.

• Backroom
35 minutes ago, Tom said:

Tbf I always had a feeling he was hugely overrated by some on here. Surely he would have ended up somewhere better than Bolton at his age if he was that good? 

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

Whatever happened to Josh Vela? Was highly rated at one time and still quite young.

Not rated at all by them.

Looked okayish in league one but nowhere near good enough in this league. 'A more attacking Jason Lowe' I was told!