BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Tim Sherwood gone into clear front runner for the QPR job! 

Been linked with that job on and off for ages. Could be a spectacular success or horrible failure. He did quite well initially at both Spurs and Villa but then things unravelled. Helps when his mates Ferdinand and Ramsey are running things behind the scenes at QPR.

• Like 2

Just now, rigger said:

And not one gram of shit would be given about the club.

That makes no sense. You are aware who owns the club now? 

When those guys buy clubs, they pull out all the stops to make them a success. The best players, best managers and best training facilities. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, JHRover said:

Been linked with that job on and off for ages. Could be a spectacular success or horrible failure. He did quite well initially at both Spurs and Villa but then things unravelled. Helps when his mates Ferdinand and Ramsey are running things behind the scenes at QPR.

Ya, the Ferdinand link was mentioned. 

He's an English Roy Keane when it comes to management I think. Short-term success built off demanding high standards, but ultimately ends up falling out with players who don't show the same desire and effort he did.  Rinse and repeat. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

That makes no sense. You are aware who owns the club now? 

When those guys buy clubs, they pull out all the stops to make them a success. The best players, best managers and best training facilities. 

When I say the club, I mean the fans, the history, the atmosphere. Or put it another way all the things that are regularly forgotten by distant owners. We have had one set of cowboys, I wouldn't want another.

Just now, rigger said:

When I say the club, I mean the fans, the history, the atmosphere. Or put it another way all the things that are regularly forgotten by distant owners. We have had one set of cowboys, I wouldn't want another.

But these would be better cowboys. The club isn't coming back into local ownership anytime soon. 

23 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

But these would be better cowboys. The club isn't coming back into local ownership anytime soon. 

Are you going for a pint before tomorrows game, if you are we could discuss it then. I find a discussion is better over a pint than over a keyboard. 

• Like 1

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Would you like to stay at my house? If you wake and I'm watching you sleep try not to be alarmed. 

I sleep in nothing but my 97/98 away jersey, so fire away. What happens in Blackburn, stays in Blackburn ?

As long as you're not holding a blunt instrument over my head I don't mind 

*insert ooh matron picture here*

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

On 11/04/2019 at 09:35, Bigdoggsteel said:

Preston fans are happy if Neil leaves? Deluded 

Only a very small minority think that.

Rumours are that AN has asked Hemmings to guarantee that Davies, Pearson and Browne won't be sold if he is to stay.

Knowing TH I suspect he will do some silly brinksmanship, allow AN to move and then we start all over again. We've outperformed ourselves for the last few years thanks to Ridsdale running football operations/recruitment and a couple of decent managers. However young ambitious managers like AN don't need to work with no budget or under unambitious owners like TH for very long.

Just now, north_ender said:

Only a very small minority think that.

Rumours are that AN has asked Hemmings to guarantee that Davies, Pearson and Browne won't be sold if he is to stay.

Knowing TH I suspect he will do some silly brinksmanship, allow AN to move and then we start all over again. We've outperformed ourselves for the last few years thanks to Ridsdale running football operations/recruitment and a couple of decent managers. However young ambitious managers like AN don't need to work with no budget or under unambitious owners like TH for very long.

What you need is an honest , decent guy in the form of Tony mowbray.

We will take Alex off you with his bloody ambition. 

So Birmingham get a 9-point deduction but look like staying up anyway. Even the timing of it means they are under very little pressure because they haven’t really got close to the bottom three. If they beat Ipswich today then they are all but safe. The lower finishing position is meaningless in the Championship because consolidated payments mean that “prize money” is the same for every team.

In effect they have broken the rules and have been given no punishment whatsoever. Even their “transfer embargo” was lifted in time for them to sign players this season.

Meanwhile Bolton are being propped up by the EFL “to protect the integrity of the league”. Bit of a joke all ends up really.

Breaking the rules should put you in the relegation zone as a minimum, or even bottom of the league, and you have to claw your way back into contention or there is no deterrent.

Big Club have got off very lightly indeed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Ipswich - 61 years since last in L3.

Really?  I remember Ipswich and Norwich being Div 3 sides. Same as Brighton, Bournemouth, Crystal Palace, Brentford, Millwall, Watford and Reading.

I must be getting old.

Edited by bazza