BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

Just now, DE. said:

When Venky's first rocked up their utter destruction of our club was and I think in some ways still is unique. With that said you're right that there are a ton of dodgy foreign owners around nowadays who are doing just as much if not more damage to other clubs. You can add Ipswich into that who owe Marcus Evans £95m and are heading to L1 on the back of one of their worst ever seasons.

In regards to keeping the current staff employed, sure, but how many lost their jobs due to Venky's absolute negligence bombing us out of the PL and then doing the same when they cost us our Championship status with the hiring of Coyle? Not to mention all of the businesses affected by Rovers' lower fanbase and general match day activity. These victims tend to be forgotten about these days and I'd wager there are plenty of them. Of course you always run the risk of seeing this happen if your business heavily relies on a football club being in a certain division, but when that club is dismantled so thoughtlessly in the way ours has been the owners must take some of the blame for that too. 

Also in 15-16 we were for some reason relying on emergency loans which still makes me uneasy. Why did this happen and what guarantee is there that it couldn't happen again? The last couple of years have been relatively smooth sailing as far as the owners and the club is concerned, but we had a period of that under Bowyer before it all came crashing down. I don't think I'll ever have confidence in Venky's, as I can't help but feel based on their past history that another disaster is just around the corner.

100 percent you are right there and I don’t disagree with a word of it what so ever. You’ve hit the nail on the head with destruction it was catastrophic and something this club will never recuperate from unless it ashamedly now follows a Burnley or WBA model to yo yo then consolidate to improve the infrastructure it’s neglected or get lucky and stick at the top table long enough to be flipped. The saving grace is Blackburn Rovers like every league team bar Blackpool is heavily relying on a benefactor and the bulk of club debt is owed to VLL, I.e the Raos.

Staff numbers and head count haven’t really dwindled massively compared to our rivals if you use he accounts however this could be in twinged with anyone working for rovers even if in “India” all of a sudden but I’ve heard allot are still at Ewood and see many along ten years still there so it will be interesting to see Swansea and Trevor Burch’s impact of making 1/3 gone as that would take us under our levels. Local economy you are correct and it is something I feel strong about but it’s why BRFC is different to a Wigan or a Bolton etc. The town is the club and the club is part of the towns heart and that’s why it’s impacted as what you see, were not based on some industrial estate outside of town as you know!

I know the loans without being a light hooverer it was me who brought it up live on radio at the supporters evening on radio lancs with the accounts in my hand, I asked at the time for what you’ve said above and to embarrass those making these decisions, additionally Bassini had just been banned for borrowing against future revenues at Watford so it was also grey ground hence Mr Chestons wary answer. 

I’ve no confidence in them what so ever but I can’t attack them for the last year, if they buy into Mowbray listen to Deloitte and KPMG and build a model I wish them well which makes us better and hopefully we can part ways sooner rather than later!

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

Lambert definitely has an ego, but then most managers do so I'm not necessarily going to hold that against him. Based on his post-Rovers career I wouldn't want him here in place of Mowbray... ideally I'd want better than both! Unlikely with the current ownership though. I think the likes of Mowbray and Lambert are the best we can hope for.

I said before he was offered it at the Wigan thumping wait till the summer before his new deal butwe gave him one....

Ok no one expected four years probably not even TM but if coyle was 200k a year then I imagine TM wasn’t far off to begin with and only marginal now increase per year wise, remember manager costs are excluded from FFP calculations if you change mid season anyways.

Now here is my crux and it’s Mark Venus, I’m sure he’s a great guy and TM has been a team with the lad throughout his coaching career but he’s got to go. When two ex centre halves have the defensive record in all leagues as we do it’s something your both doing. And not well. That said when TM came in before our relegation we were all better at the back and his assistant was David Lowe the sacked/let go coach then back in now coaching again, Tony you’ve passion players and heart but your assistant is a clone you need someone else to spot what you can’t see 

• Backroom
Just now, Scotland1 said:

I said before he was offered it at the Wigan thumping wait till the summer before his new deal butwe gave him one....

Ok no one expected four years probably not even TM but if coyle was 200k a year then I imagine TM wasn’t far off to begin with and only marginal now increase per year wise, remember manager costs are excluded from FFP calculations if you change mid season anyways.

Now here is my crux and it’s Mark Venus, I’m sure he’s a great guy and TM has been a team with the lad throughout his coaching career but he’s got to go. When two ex centre halves have the defensive record in all leagues as we do it’s something your both doing. And not well. That said when TM came in before our relegation we were all better at the back and his assistant was David Lowe the sacked/let go coach then back in now coaching again, Tony you’ve passion players and heart but your assistant is a clone you need someone else to spot what you can’t see 

Whilst I agree backroom staff appear to be an issue (coaching across the board seems to be poor, our team and style of play hasn't improved at all during the season, instead getting worse) if TM is ceding a large amount of control to the senior players then no amount of staff changes is going to have much of an impact. I hope that it isn't as bad as is being suggested but when you see certain players in the team no matter what, whilst certain others seem to be dropped for the odd bad game or digression, it does make you wonder what is going on.

Just now, DE. said:

Whilst I agree backroom staff appear to be an issue (coaching across the board seems to be poor, our team and style of play hasn't improved at all during the season, instead getting worse) if TM is ceding a large amount of control to the senior players then no amount of staff changes is going to have much of an impact. I hope that it isn't as bad as is being suggested but when you see certain players in the team no matter what, whilst certain others seem to be dropped for the odd bad game or digression, it does make you wonder what is going on.

Shop window for some especially those who signed contracts which were due to expire and will be heading out. No need to spend mega on wages it’s the management of the budget you have. If you can chip a Smallwood, scrap a Gladwin and a Leutwiler you’ve probably 12 k there.

Bradley Johnson although now 30 is free in the summer he’s made his money if we are playing a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 again next year his left boot is exactly what we need to balance that 3 with two runner like Travis and Reed/Evans.

Back room staff it’s vital in specific roles I think Raya has not kicked on, Benson looks too nice pally wise pre match is that the same in training? He replaced Phil Hughes! The same Hughes who Coyle hired at Bolton and Sacked Barber only for Jussi Jaskalninen to strike about.

Its all infrastructure as much as academy equipment, scouting internationally so why neglect your best tools everyday. 

• Backroom
Just now, Scotland1 said:

Shop window for some especially those who signed contracts which were due to expire and will be heading out. No need to spend mega on wages it’s the management of the budget you have. If you can chip a Smallwood, scrap a Gladwin and a Leutwiler you’ve probably 12 k there.

Bradley Johnson although now 30 is free in the summer he’s made his money if we are playing a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 again next year his left boot is exactly what we need to balance that 3 with two runner like Travis and Reed/Evans.

Back room staff it’s vital in specific roles I think Raya has not kicked on, Benson looks too nice pally wise pre match is that the same in training? He replaced Phil Hughes! The same Hughes who Coyle hired at Bolton and Sacked Barber only for Jussi Jaskalninen to strike about.

Its all infrastructure as much as academy equipment, scouting internationally so why neglect your best tools everyday. 

I would like to think some of it has been shop window but I can't see who is realistically picking up the likes of Smallwood, Evans or Mulgrew after they've just been given new contracts... especially considering the performances of said individuals!

One thing we know about Mowbray is that he values loyalty, so I'd be surprised if we see any serious change to the coaching structure. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not sure TM is ruthless enough to get rid of underperforming staff.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Good piece on Norwich in today’s Times. 

A combination of cut price/free foreigners and academy players.

Must be a terrible flex!

FC36D29C-1D3F-43A3-90A6-001C91479AE1.jpeg

Aye but tough to compete with those sort of clubs. Blah blah blah. 

11 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

100 percent you are right there and I don’t disagree with a word of it what so ever. You’ve hit the nail on the head with destruction it was catastrophic and something this club will never recuperate from unless it ashamedly now follows a Burnley or WBA model to yo yo then consolidate to improve the infrastructure it’s neglected or get lucky and stick at the top table long enough to be flipped. The saving grace is Blackburn Rovers like every league team bar Blackpool is heavily relying on a benefactor and the bulk of club debt is owed to VLL, I.e the Raos.

Staff numbers and head count haven’t really dwindled massively compared to our rivals if you use he accounts however this could be in twinged with anyone working for rovers even if in “India” all of a sudden but I’ve heard allot are still at Ewood and see many along ten years still there so it will be interesting to see Swansea and Trevor Burch’s impact of making 1/3 gone as that would take us under our levels. Local economy you are correct and it is something I feel strong about but it’s why BRFC is different to a Wigan or a Bolton etc. The town is the club and the club is part of the towns heart and that’s why it’s impacted as what you see, were not based on some industrial estate outside of town as you know!

I know the loans without being a light hooverer it was me who brought it up live on radio at the supporters evening on radio lancs with the accounts in my hand, I asked at the time for what you’ve said above and to embarrass those making these decisions, additionally Bassini had just been banned for borrowing against future revenues at Watford so it was also grey ground hence Mr Chestons wary answer. 

I’ve no confidence in them what so ever but I can’t attack them for the last year, if they buy into Mowbray listen to Deloitte and KPMG and build a model I wish them well which makes us better and hopefully we can part ways sooner rather than later!

According to my paper the player involved in the case of Bassini being banned for borrowing against future transfer income was our own Danny Graham.

• Backroom

Incredible result for Wigan, especially being down to 10 since the 14th minute. Shocker for Leeds - are they going to bottle it right at the end?

So long Bolton. Not sure they're going to be bouncing straight back up again.

Just now, DE. said:

Incredible result for Wigan, especially being down to 10 since the 14th minute. Shocker for Leeds - are they going to bottle it right at the end?

So long Bolton. Not sure they're going to be bouncing straight back up again.

If Leeds dont make top two - cannot see them winning via the playoffs.

• Moderation Lead

Ref had an absolute nightmare in the Sheff Weds and Norwich game. 

Booked the Wednesday ‘keeper for handling it outside his area, then allowed a Wednesday goal where Fletcher handled it in...

Just now, K-Hod said:

Booked the Wednesday ‘keeper for handling it outside his area, then allowed a Wednesday goal where Fletcher handled it in...

then gave a free-kick for a dive that led to Norwich's injury-time equaliser. 

10 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

This is why VAR cannot only be in some matches and not all. Football regulations are in a mess.

• Like 2

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I think so, maybe for glorifying football hooliganism but not sure. He wrote some good stuff otherwise, apart also from the expected Leeds entitlement mindset.

He got a bit sweary, (full of ale?) about Lampard and got told he had given the mod the opportunity he'd been waiting for.