BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

1 hour ago, pentelrobot said:

I agree with these sentiments, but how do the EFL weed out the "nefarious" individuals. Ken Anderson probably passed the fit and proper person test which suggests that the problem lies with the depth of investigation carried out by the EFL. Because of the amount of money surrounding football, there will always be chancers willing to take risks, and at the end of the day, it's the fans of the clubs who suffer. Local rivalry aside, it would be a tragedy if Bolton were to be expelled-we are a club of similar size and history and the same could easily happen to us.

On the issue of expungement affecting play off positions, the EFL could avoid the problem (if they chose to expel) by making the decision after the season ends, thus taking advantage of Rule 12.2.2 as quoted by Philip above. Their record would not be expunged until the play off positions had been fairly determined. Only two clubs would be relegated to L1

There’s a distinction between a crooked owner and and incompetent one (arguably the venkys fall into latter). So to that end it’s harder to establish who will be dodgy and incompetent but whatever criteria the authorities have stinks. For the likes of Thaksin Shinawatra and Carson Yeung who were actual crooks going in to football to pass test means it’s not for purpose. Bassini has proved himself to be a crook yet I’ve no doubt he’ll take over Bolton.

But the problem as I see it is the only choices out there seem to be crooks and people who turn a blind eye to them. Ultimately, whilst there is plenty of money slushing around and the men in grey suits have their snouts in the trough this will happen again and again. 

6 minutes ago, DE. said:

What's scary to me is that there are a lot of clubs, ourselves included, who could be in the exact same situation as Bolton should the owners suddenly decide they are done funding the club. The rotten underbelly of the game is being brutally exposed by what is happening at Bolton, and what would it do to the stability of the league structure if over the next few years there are multiple situations like this occurring? Are we reaching the point where the bubble bursts? The PL is largely immune from these issues at present, but how attractive is the PL with no viable structure below it? The footballing authorities have been sweeping this creeping problem under the carpet for over a decade now, but it feels like it's bursting at the seams now and could completely fall apart if there isn't a pretty huge change in the game's regulations.

This scares the shit out of me. Our owners are so unpredictable we could be in Bolton's position at any time for any (or no) reason.

• Like 1

Just now, deryck guyler's spoon said:

This scares the shit out of me. Our owners are so unpredictable we could be in Bolton's position at any time for any (or no) reason.

I’ve no doubt we are Noblot just a few years behind them. When our regal owners get bored with their baby we will be left with £150 million oak debt and no way to pay it. So at that point it’s administration and the creditors will try to sell us as a going concern. If there’s no buyers wound up cease to exist. 

Its a genuine concern of mine. Trapped between the devil and the deep blue sea. 

• Like 2

Just now, matt83 said:

I’ve no doubt we are Noblot just a few years behind them. When our regal owners get bored with their baby we will be left with £150 million oak debt and no way to pay it. So at that point it’s administration and the creditors will try to sell us as a going concern. If there’s no buyers wound up cease to exist. 

Its a genuine concern of mine. Trapped between the devil and the deep blue sea. 

If we aren't back in the top flight within a couple of seasons I suspect that we may be looking down the barrel of an existential crisis.

Edited by deryck guyler's spoon

• Backroom
Just now, deryck guyler's spoon said:

It was only a couple of seasons ago we were inexplicably relying on emergency loans for reasons which I believe were never specified? Whilst the Bolton car crash is interesting to look at in some respects, it's also terrifying because it's like a mirror showing a very likely potential future for our club. 

• Like 2

Good on Bolton's players but it shouldn't take unpaid wages for people to act. Vulture owners, Venkys included, need to be put on blast long before that. The FA doesn't give a damn about the destruction of football clubs as long as the players are playing and its getting its money, but it will start caring when there's no matches to be played.

17 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It's the U18s the EFL want Bolton to play.

So using child labour to break a strike. Like something out of Dickens!

EFL rules require clubs to field their strongest sides.

They do seem determined to keep them going until the end of the season. At which point they’ll be on their own.

The FA and EFL have been unfit for donkeys years now. 

Rules are poor. Many rules that should exist don’t. And even then many of the rules that should be enforced aren’t enforced.

If something is too much effort, the English bodies won’t bother. If something needs doing outside of the larger Prem clubs, the English bodies won’t bother.

As problems continue to grow and as clubs continue to suffer on a larger scale, football needs a saviour at governance level. Sad thing is with UEFA as the corrupt larger body, the FA and EFL with their selfish grip on England’s game, and the dominant influences of your Sky’s and BT’s, there’s no realistic improvement on the horizon.

• Like 1

Just now, OnePhilT said:

To make a sweet profit out of a chaotic situation. A small proportion of Bolton supporters will probably want to believe everything that Bassini is saying, and they'll just roll with it. The rest will be totally clocked on to who this guy is, and they'll see the writing on the wall.

So presumably he has another buyer lined up who will pay him more than they will pay Anderson - or Anderson won’t deal with them. He kind of said as much to Jim White I guess. It does make me wonder what happened between when Shinawatra (sp?) left City and how it came to be run by Sheikh Mansour...

Really feel sorry for Bolton fans over this. Such a mess. Happy to see the frying pan after roasting in the fire.

Just now, Stuart said:

Really feel sorry for Bolton fans over this. Such a mess. Happy to see the frying pan after roasting in the fire.

Sad how most of them didn’t want Bassini, stating they’d rather just get on with the inevitable this summer as Bassini would only serve to delay it - turns out that’s probably happening just with an added ‘hope that kills you’ element!

Just now, Don Said said:

Sad how most of them didn’t want Bassini, stating they’d rather just get on with the inevitable this summer as Bassini would only serve to delay it - turns out that’s probably happening just with an added ‘hope that kills you’ element!

A guy I know wants/wanted to give Bassini a chance simply because they were dying under Anderson. Seems a bit like leaping out of the window on the 70th floor of a burning building.

Trouble is, “getting on with the inevitable” sounds like Bolton quite literally starting again at the bottom of the football pyramid.

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

It’s so bizarre. Why would anyone do this?

Something seriously untoward is a reasonable guess if we are trying to be logical based on what is in the public domain currently.

However, if it were a serious criminal enterprise, it would be sufficiently funded at this stage and what we are seeing instead is more likely a poseur winging it. You don't mention Dave Richards and John Williams unless they are sitting with you in a press conference. He may well have rung them up but as things stand he is more likely to be dodging their unhappy returned calls than unveiling them in a completed take over.

Either match fixing or ego tripping, Bolton are screwed.

I reiterate my point that the administrators are probably Bolton's best and only future.  

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

There’s a distinction between a crooked owner and and incompetent one (arguably the venkys fall into latter). So to that end it’s harder to establish who will be dodgy and incompetent but whatever criteria the authorities have stinks. For the likes of Thaksin Shinawatra and Carson Yeung who were actual crooks going in to football to pass test means it’s not for purpose. Bassini has proved himself to be a crook yet I’ve no doubt he’ll take over Bolton.

But the problem as I see it is the only choices out there seem to be crooks and people who turn a blind eye to them. Ultimately, whilst there is plenty of money slushing around and the men in grey suits have their snouts in the trough this will happen again and again. 

Except they passed ken Anderson the same guy with convictions for diverting company funds for not his personal accounts and not paying HMRC and banned as a director for many of years.

Then there is now an issue with player transfer fees hitting ICI accounts and not the clubs and perculiar  factoring debt arrangements

55 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Would be funny if the Under 18s went on strike as well...

Would be even funnier if some of the players in the u18's are not in the FL registered squad for the season, the FL encouraging clubs to breach their own rules.

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Except they passed ken Anderson the same guy with convictions for diverting company funds for not his personal accounts and not paying HMRC and banned as a director for many of years.

Then there is now an issue with player transfer fees hitting ICI accounts and not the clubs and perculiar  factoring debt arrangements

It sounds like a fetid mess. Look under every stone and in each drain and there will be another wriggly thing or worse.

Just now, perthblue02 said:

Would be even funnier if some of the players in the u18's are not in the FL registered squad for the season, the FL encouraging clubs to breach their own rules.

None are registered in the 25 but you can let under 18s play I think unregistered as long as they’re home grown?

issue is fielding a weekend side? How many teams have been fined for that?

Bassini is just a front for wAshing Thailand dirty money

Edited by Scotland1