BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

Leeds were a disgrace to the sport today.

1) Cheat to score

2) Cheat to get an opponent sent off

3) Even when instructed to allow the leveller they still can’t help themselves.

Fair play isn’t in their DNA.

Dirty Leeds indeed.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Leeds were a disgrace to the sport today.

1) Cheat to score

2) Cheat to get an opponent sent off

3) Even when instructed to allow the leveller they still can’t help themselves.

Fair play isn’t in their DNA.

Dirty Leeds indeed.

Certainly not since the brown envelope days back in the day

Didn't actually think Leeds did anything at all wrong initially. The Villa player clearly wasn't seriously injured, and imo the ref was quite correct to wave play on. Villa should have played to the whistle. I don't like this presumption that the ball will be put out the second anyone goes down, it's a cheats charter imo.

Thereafter Banford's reaction was a disgrace and hopefully the Villa player's ban will be overturned allowing him to feature in the playoffs and Banford will receive a ban of his own.

I thought Bielsa was being overly generous by instructing his players to let Villa score unchallenged but then again it was easy for him to be magnanimous when there was nothing much at stake. Would be interesting to see if he would do the same had  that been the first leg of the play offs.  Somehow I doubt it.

I agree with the “play to the whistle” aspect - but in this case, where the player slows down, raises his hand to indicate its going to be put out out then no-look passes a guy through on goal...

it’s pretty shitty behaviour at best

• Like 1

I think Bamford will be done for 'deception' of a match official, at least a 2 game ban. Shameful behaviour by a few Leeds players.

I am sorry Jansson did not succeed in stopping the Villa goal. It would have been hilarious seeing Bielsa make them do the 'concede' routine again.

Not sure yet but I think the Leeds scorer was offside anyway.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Didn't actually think Leeds did anything at all wrong initially. The Villa player clearly wasn't seriously injured, and imo the ref was quite correct to wave play on. Villa should have played to the whistle. I don't like this presumption that the ball will be put out the second anyone goes down, it's a cheats charter imo.

Thereafter Banford's reaction was a disgrace and hopefully the Villa player's ban will be overturned allowing him to feature in the playoffs and Banford will receive a ban of his own.

I thought Bielsa was being overly generous by instructing his players to let Villa score unchallenged but then again it was easy for him to be magnanimous when there was nothing much at stake. Would be interesting to see if he would do the same had  that been the first leg of the play offs.  Somehow I doubt it.

I agree that this convention of kicking the ball out to allow treatment has got ridiculous but on this occasion I have some sympathy with Villa. Not long before the incident Villa put the ball out for a Leeds player so I think the sporting thing to do was reciprocate. Also it looked like a Leeds player slowed down with the ball giving the impression he was going to kick the ball out. He then sped up and Leeds scored from his pass. Bielsa for me comes out with great credit.

• Like 1

Kicking the ball out of play as an act of “sportsmanship” is one of the biggest problems in football. Totally ridiculous, because in 99% of cases there is nothing wrong with the injured player. The decision to stop play should be with the ref alone. If teams played on, it would cut out the nonsense in no time and time wasting feigning of injuries would be cut out immediately, especially if a goal followed.

• Like 5

Just now, Giant said:

Kicking the ball out of play as an act of “sportsmanship” is one of the biggest problems in football. Totally ridiculous, because in 99% of cases there is nothing wrong with the injured player. The decision to stop play should be with the ref alone. If teams played on, it would cut out the nonsense in no time and time wasting feigning of injuries would be cut out immediately, especially if a goal followed.

I couldn't agree more, it's getting ridiculous. Norwich were at it last night towards the end. Players dropping to the ground for no good reason. 

36 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Bielsa for me comes out with great credit.

I agree he came out with credit for being sporting but I'd have been happy with whatever he did either way. In many ways I'd have admired him equally as much if he'd stuck to his guns  and carried on as normal and insisted afterwards that Villa should have played to the whistle.

I think I'd have preferred it if he hadn't ordered the equaliser but hooked Bamford and refused to put a replacement on in recognition of his disgraceful behaviour.

Every time there's a vaguely contentious goal now teams will be expecting to be allowed an unopposed equaliser. Dangerous precedent.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Giant said:

It was more the fact that he feigned like he was going to put it out and then didn’t. He took advantage of the unwritten rule. A poor rule it may be but until referees intervene you are going to see players put under pressure by home crowds and then by opposition players.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I think Bamford will be done for 'deception' of a match official, at least a 2 game ban. Shameful behaviour by a few Leeds players.

I am sorry Jansson did not succeed in stopping the Villa goal. It would have been hilarious seeing Bielsa make them do the 'concede' routine again.

Not sure yet but I think the Leeds scorer was offside anyway.

Can't imagine any of our players getting stuck in like Hourihane did in front of the Leeds fans etc....not condoning it but we lack that type of bite

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Big German blokes too, friggin ponces

I said exactly the same to the fella next to me on Saturday. It was embarrassing at times made worse by the fact that when the ref didn’t stop the game the jumped back up and ran around without any problems.

Personally I just can’t stand it and find it infuriating.

I thought Villa were completely in the wrong. The rule is the ref needs to blow for an injury, you can't just stop playing and then sulk when the opposition score. Leeds should have told them to do one. Hardly surprising they are so dislike-able now with Terry as assistant manager. 

Bamford should be ashamed as well. Does he not realise there are cameras at games? 

• Like 1

Have to sympathise with the few hundred Brentford fans caught up in all this. If it wasn't bad enough having the game cancelled at a day's notice and losing train/hotel costs they're now hanging on for news of the game possibly being midweek. Not that the authorities will care one jot about their interests.

• Backroom
16 minutes ago, philipl said:

Bury's game at tranmere called off for a waterlogged pitch on Saturday has already been rescheduled for tomorrow but Bolton v Brentford hasn't been given a date. Bassini says it will be played this week ?

Surely at this point it has nothing to do with Bassini? He’s not the owner, can’t pay them so he should keep his mouth shut 

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Surely at this point it has nothing to do with Bassini? He’s not the owner, can’t pay them so he should keep his mouth shut 

I imagine he owns the shares as long as he full fills the sales purchase HOTS which I imagine are proof of funding and paying players.

Today is D day apparently so the HOTS must have a date for that to be done.

Tick Tock