BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

So Bassini met Harvey tonight to provide proof of funding and Harvey has given him another 48 hours. He's running rings around them and they can't see it. And they are in court again on May 8th for unpaid taxes which has been adjourned umpteen times.

Just now, arbitro said:

So Bassini met Harvey tonight to provide proof of funding and Harvey has given him another 48 hours. He's running rings around them and they can't see it. And they are in court again on May 8th for unpaid taxes which has been adjourned umpteen times.

In 48 hours time when it's shown, again, that Bassini does not have a pot to piss in what happens?. The obvious I suppose, there's piss all over Harvey's shoes.

What a fiasco.

10 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

In 48 hours time when it's shown, again, that Bassini does not have a pot to piss in what happens?. The obvious I suppose, there's piss all over Harvey's shoes.

What a fiasco.

It sounds like the alternative is administration. I suspect the EFL are well aware of this and so are trying desperately to see if Bassini can come up with the goods when it is clear he doesn't have any money himself.

The EFL will absolve themselves of responsibility by turning around afterwards and saying they've given him every opportunity to come up with answers and instead blame Bassini/Anderson.

Bolton's hotel has ceased taking bookings according to the BBC.

Rumours swirling that Bassini talks have collapsed.

Brentford game provisionally Wednesday May 8th- day of the HMRC hearing. Could be dramatic if HMRC prevail and Bolton then are unable to play that evening...

55 minutes ago, philipl said:

Brentford game provisionally Wednesday May 8th- day of the HMRC hearing. Could be dramatic if HMRC prevail and Bolton then are unable to play that evening...

According to the Bolton news the doors are closed for 48 hours until the Bassini deal is completed. Or longer if not you have to assume. Functions undertaken by Heathcotes continue for the moment

Just now, Rogerb said:

According to the Bolton news the doors are closed for 48 hours until the Bassini deal is completed. Or longer if not you have to assume. Functions undertaken by Heathcotes continue for the moment

I reckon as it stands it is either the Bassini deal or nothing. It sounds like Anderson was close to putting them into admin until he reached agreement with Bassini and now surprise surprise the money hasn't materialised/he hasn't got proof of funding.

I expect Anderson and the League are desperate to pass the club over to Bassini to avoid admin and any more embarrassment but the League are bound by their own rules and will require evidence of enough cash from Bassini to keep it going, which he presumably doesn't have but is frantically trying to get.

They can't keep this going forever with the fixture crisis, unpaid wages and the winding up petition next week so he'll have until this time tomorrow and if he doesn't provide the evidence I reckon it will be administration.

An automatic 12 point deduction for that PLUS what should be a further deduction for failing to fulfil their fixtures and they'll be staring at League Two.

Edited by JHRover

Thought struck me about how Bolton's financial situation affects the players insurance. Are they still paying this. If a player now suffers a serious injury against Forest or brentford will they be covered. Could be another reason for the players strike. Surely Efl can't insist game is played if above is in play.

3 hours ago, philipl said:

Hotel is closed, check out was 6pm.

Linen and laundry not been paid though the hotel has been room only for weeks and the bar cash only.

Bolton left back Andy Taylor on what’s going on https://talksport.com/football/efl/535380/bolton-wanderers-ne-andy-taylor-player-strike-slams-efl/

Edited by Scotland1

Just now, JHRover said:

Bank of the PFA have intervened and 'loaned' players their wages to enable the final two games to go ahead. 

Once again off the hook at the 11th hour. More lives than a cat that lot.

Tbf that probably is what the PFA is thee for - to protect the interests of the players.

It gets to the point though that it becomes unfair on other clubs while Bolton continue to avoid being penalised while other clubs are trying to run themselves properly.

What a mess!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Tbf that probably is what the PFA is thee for - to protect the interests of the players.

It gets to the point though that it becomes unfair on other clubs while Bolton continue to avoid being penalised while other clubs are trying to run themselves properly.

What a mess!

A loan against what though, there doesn't seem to be any guarantee the PFA will get it back?

What, like the Loons?

Just now, Proudtobeblue&white said:

A loan against what though, there doesn't seem to be any guarantee the PFA will get it back?

What, like the Loons?

They’ll be a secured creditor. Like any finance institution I’d imagine 

Don’t forget the football creditors rule which means they get every penny

Just now, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Probably a preferred creditor surely, if there's nothing left?

There’s money in the frozen accounts I believe. 

Footballing creditors are different usually it works on a pari pasu basis however footballing creditors so PFA players clubs with outstanding transfer fees get paid in full first then it gets to the dividend stage.

Just now, Scotland1 said:

There’s money in the frozen accounts I believe. 

Footballing creditors are different usually it works on a pari pasu basis however footballing creditors so PFA players clubs with outstanding transfer fees get paid in full first then it gets to the dividend stage.

Fair enough, I'm a solicitor, not an accountant! I'm sure Gordon knows what he's doing on his salary!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

I think it is more about protecting the livelihoods of some professional footballers - like insurance. If they don’t get it back they’d have to write it off.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Maybe the PFA should just buy Bolton. By this point they've put far more money in than Bassini.

Are they going to pay the ground staff, etc, to allow security provisions for the game to go ahead too?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

What, like the Loons?

And the PFA charge an extortionate interest rate for any loans they make (or at least have done in the past).

Just now, perthblue02 said:
From Marc Iles twitter (chief football writer for the Bolton News)
Wanderers have confirmed Bassini is a no-go. #bwfc
3:57 AM - 3 May 2019

Bolton club statement

What a complete, unadulterated mess. The EFL don't come out of this with too much credit. They have allowed Bassini to string them along and showed themselves to be weak.

How much more can their fans take.

• Like 1

• Backroom

I am shocked, utterly shocked, who could have predicted that?

The guys an absolute shyster and some of them lapped up his ‘passion’

• Like 1