BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

Just now, davulsukur said:

What was Bassini's goal here, if he didn't have the funds in the first place?

Try and get the club on the cheap, through their desperation? Free publicity, enjoying the media spotlight for a few weeks?

Seems his plan has come crashing down as he's been forced to provide evidence of funds to last two years, which comes to £14 million, and he simply can't do that. Wouldn't have had to do it when he went into Watford as the rules wouldn't have been as strict back then.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

EFL hedging their bets with Bolton. Bring on administration?

Brentford game rearranged for next Tuesday yet still doubts about this weekend’s game going ahead.

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/may/efl-statement-bolton-wanderers2/

I don't really understand this. So they are saying that the club has to get the game on for Tuesday next week, but that if they go into administration before then the game doesn't have to be played? Because the administrator would have enough to deal with without sorting a match out? So what happens then? Bolton and Brentford end the season on 45 games? I'm sure clubs have been expelled from the Football League for that sort of thing in the past.

Just now, JHRover said:

I don't really understand this. So they are saying that the club has to get the game on for Tuesday next week, but that if they go into administration before then the game doesn't have to be played? Because the administrator would have enough to deal with without sorting a match out? So what happens then? Bolton and Brentford end the season on 45 games? I'm sure clubs have been expelled from the Football League for that sort of thing in the past.

I think...

If Sunday’s game gets played (U18s) then there is now provision for the Brentford game to go ahead. They limp over the line and the EFL breathe a sigh of relief.

If this weekend’s game doesn’t go ahead then it looks likely that administration is going to happen. Then the games don’t get played and the EFL deal with the fallout. While the Administrators get on dealing with Bolton.

They then either go bust or someone buys the club from admin and they start next season on -12 or whatever it is now.

• Backroom

Bassini this morning saying he has control at Bolton and is vowing to refund fans their last season ticket direct debit.

• Backroom

This was the obvious outcome. What did the EFL think was going to happen with Bassini out of the picture and Anderson refusing to put up any funds?

So if Bolton go into admin they'll start on -10 points, then even more to be deducted because of this fiasco? 

5 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

I was going to refer to the 'Boro match when they infamously didn't turn up to Ewood in '96, but they did end up coming to play the match in the end. They were docked three points, and the replay ended 0-0. Slightly different scenario!

Yeah, that’s what I mean. Bolton won’t fulfil all their fixtures, they won’t complete their season. It can’t get any more serious than that, can it?