BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Any of them. Nuttall, Brereton,  gladwin, Davenport,  Conway, theres probably more shite in there....

Ameobi has more talent in his arse

Clearly meant in the starting eleven.

11 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

Anyway bowton. They are seriously taking the p*ss now, they should be expelled from the league. Other clubs would have been by now. 

I wouldn't want to see that. I feel for their fans,  " If you prick them do they not bleed ? " as Shakespeare said or words to that effect.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Just now, JHRover said:

Here's a scenario.

Next season we're 2nd going into the final game of the season. We're 3 points above 3rd and have a +3 goal difference over them. We play them on the final day. Anything better than a 2 goal defeat and we go up.

We ring the football league the week before the game and tell them that our players are going on strike and we aren't playing the game. We presume that they will do the same thing as with Bolton and award a 1-0 win to the other team.

Happy days. 

Machiavelli had nothing on you JH.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Here's a scenario.

Next season we're 2nd going into the final game of the season. We're 3 points above 3rd and have a +3 goal difference over them. We play them on the final day. Anything better than a 2 goal defeat and we go up.

We ring the football league the week before the game and tell them that our players are going on strike and we aren't playing the game. We presume that they will do the same thing as with Bolton and award a 1-0 win to the other team.

Happy days. 

It’s a good point.

I don’t quite understand why the football league aren’t enforcing their own rules. A precedent appears to have been set for the sake of convenience for themselves - and it’s not even a WC or Euro year either.

The bit missing at this stage though is how Bolton are going to be dealt with. A fine they can’t pay? An additional point deduction next season? An embargo that will prevent them being able to replace striking players*?

They still have potential administration to deal with, which is probably what the EFL are waiting for. Although I can’t decide if I’d be more upset if they went into admin (and likely then League Two) due to rank bad management, or if they didn’t and got away with it, again.

The EFL would probably be most satisfied if they managed to get to the end of the season and then folded.

*I think the players are justified in going on strike, mind.

It beggars belief that a person who has been made bankrupt several times since 2012 (most recently 2015) can be considered fit and proper to run the financial time-bomb that a modern day professional football club represents. How someone as dodgy as that can suddenly amass sufficient liquidity to not only re-establish themselves with society but also to have enough 'spare' to indulge in the financial money-pit realities of football club ownership suggests the previous dealings may not have been properly scrutinised during the process of bankruptcy & subsequent discharge. Fit and proper my arse. It only doesn't  look dodgy if you put it in the context of their astonishingly sympathetic / lenient treatment by the FA and HMRC.

Anyway, sounds / looks / feels like the cad has been outed as a cad, and that poor old Lilywhites emporium is in for further rocky times.

My football heart bleeds for them. My Rovers head laughs and laughs. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

My Rovers head laughs and laughs. 

I believe your one of a very few my friend.

If the Pune Loons ever pull the plug our ancient and historic football club probably goes the same way as Bolton.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I believe your one of a very few my friend.

If the Pune Loons ever pull the plug our ancient and historic football club probably goes the same way as Bolton.

I am another one of the few 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Apparently one of Bassini's Bankruptcy's was for the grand total of,wait for it.....

£37,000!  :unsure:

Unpaid rent I think it was though if you read upon on it I believe he asked the judge why it was happening etc. Judge told him to get legal counsel.

Dont think he’s the brightest bulb, defiantly more to it, no one goes bankrupt over that sum.

18 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Unpaid rent I think it was though if you read upon on it I believe he asked the judge why it was happening etc. Judge told him to get legal counsel.

Dont think he’s the brightest bulb, defiantly more to it, no one goes bankrupt over that sum.

North. Ferriby United were wound up a few weeks ago over 7500 pounds. If you can't pay or raise the ? you can't pay no matter how much or little.

• Like 1

On 04/05/2019 at 22:11, Rogerb said:

North. Ferriby United were wound up a few weeks ago over 7500 pounds. If you can't pay or raise the ? you can't pay no matter how much or little.

That will have just be one of the creditors getting the WUP in. You can bet a steam of creditors will be featured in the administrators report.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17620623.bolton-players-refuse-to-play-against-forest-phil-parkinson/

Parkinson confirms squad still striking as they’re not insured.

4 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

That will have just be one of the creditors getting the WUP in. You can bet a steam of creditors will be featured in the administrators report.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17620623.bolton-players-refuse-to-play-against-forest-phil-parkinson/

I wonder how many bottles of champagne they got through at the EFL last night?

A league programme now completed. I expect they now just wait to see if Bolton can muster a team to be able to enter into L1 next season. Right now it seems they have a squad of nine and aren’t paying players. Something has to give.

14 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

I can't blame any player for not playing if they're not insured. I only played as an amateur but I wouldn't turn out without insurance.

• Like 2

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can't blame any player for not playing if they're not insured. I only played as an amateur but I wouldn't turn out without insurance.

Just now, Stuart said:

I wonder how many bottles of champagne they got through at the EFL last night?

A league programme now completed. I expect they now just wait to see if Bolton can muster a team to be able to enter into L1 next season. Right now it seems they have a squad of nine and aren’t paying players. Something has to give.

2 extensions later they’re in the high court again on the 8th. Judge has given two chances for a takeover but now bassini has disappeared it looks like administration time or the court will have to wind them up.

• Like 1