BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

• Backroom
Just now, philipl said:

If I were a Notlobber, I'd be worried that is a smokescreen for Anderson to spread the blame for a liquidation.

The court still has to accept Bolton's administration decision, so we'll see. I imagine they will though, the courts aren't in the business of liquidating football clubs. At that point it's a -12 deduction for next season and a two year transfer embargo. Then we'll see which vulture gets to the carcass first.

Just now, DE. said:

The court still has to accept Bolton's administration decision, so we'll see. I imagine they will though, the courts aren't in the business of liquidating football clubs. At that point it's a -12 deduction for next season and a two year transfer embargo. Then we'll see which vulture gets to the carcass first.

Suppose they'll still be allowed frees on low wages, but if that's the case, then you'd already be looking at them being favourites for back-to-back relegations. 

13 minutes ago, philipl said:

If I were a Notlobber, I'd be worried that is a smokescreen for Anderson to spread the blame for a liquidation.

Would mean the liquidators appointed  by the courts. Save an investigation into ken more than likely.

• Backroom
Just now, Admiral Nelsen said:

Suppose they'll still be allowed frees on low wages, but if that's the case, then you'd already be looking at them being favourites for back-to-back relegations. 

That will be the scale of it. They'll do well not to be in League Two for the 20/21 season. 

• Backroom

Basically just giving Bolton time to appoint administrators in the proper manner. Assuming they do then that should be that. It was the Eddie Davies Trust that put the club into admin, not Anderson, which is no surprise. He'd let the club go to the wall if it earned him an extra pound.

So Anderson saying he's no choice but to put them into Admin.

Sky Sports saying they have gone into admin.

High Court have given them a 2 week adjournment.

I wouldn't want to see them liquidated but this has gone on long enough. Ultimately it's the tax man owed money and public services missing out on millions of pounds of tax here. Once again administration will clear the decks to a certain extent but those who suffer will be the small fry businesses and local people. Meanwhile the millionaires will be ok.

• Like 5

Bad times. I have no love for Bolton but not really a good thing seeing a club going into Admin. 

As JH points out, its the small & local businesses that will suffer. As well as the non playing staff at the club who need jobs.

How many points will get added to the 12 for failing to fulfill the Brentford game? It's going to be a double relegation for them, just to cap it off.

Just now, davulsukur said:

Bad times. I have no love for Bolton but not really a good thing seeing a club going into Admin. 

As JH points out, its the small & local businesses that will suffer. As well as the non playing staff at the club who need jobs.

How many points will get added to the 12 for failing to fulfill the Brentford game? It's going to be a double relegation for them, just to cap it off.

They committed 2 offences re. the Brentford game. The first was cancelling it from its original date - failing to play the fixture on its due date - and the second was failing to rearrange it and complete their fixtures despite being instructed to do so by the League.

In theory each offence should carry a penalty of at least 3 points.

I suspect the League will look to brush it under the carpet and will apply the mandatory 12 points for administration and throw the other issues under that umbrella.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48199290

Assuming administrators are appointed, I expect the FL to keep all charges live and only decide what to impose and what to hold as suspended sentences pending two years of keeping out of trouble when they hand over Bolton's FL membership to whatever form of  BWFC (2019) emerges.

I would more than half expect a fans' consortium will be central.

Next Bury but at least they don't seem to have monsters currently stalking them...

https://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/17599598.bury-fc-owner-steve-dave-puts-troubled-club-up-for-sale/

There seems to be a train of thought among Bolton fans that the League shouldn't 'punish' them with a points deduction for next season as it would hurt new owners or prospective new owners.

They don't seem to realise that the points deduction is actually as much a deterrent against other clubs as it is a punishment against them. If they are allowed to get away with what they have done this season then other clubs could try similar in future expecting to be free from sanctions.

If they go into administration I would expect to see them start next season on a minimum of -18 points. -12 for administration and at least -6 for cancelling a game and then failing to rearrange it. If they got any less then the League has done them a big favour.

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Who owns Boltons stadium & training ground?

Potential sales? I'm guessing it would be an option to raise cash?

They will only have 9 contracted first teamers in July (or whenever it is contracts end)

I wish Bolton well in resolving their off the pitch situation (there but for the grace of God etc.) but once they go into administration, is there anything stopping someone buying the presumably profit-making hotel once they're administration?

Having a  Rovers themed hotel permanently attached to their ground is making me smile for some reason. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I wish Bolton well in resolving their off the pitch situation (there but for the grace of God etc.) but once they go into administration, is there anything stopping someone buying the presumably profit-making hotel once they're administration?

Having a  Rovers themed hotel permanently attached to their ground is making me smile for some reason. 

I hope that having a hotel within the stadium is something Rovers are looking seriously at doing. The obvious place to start would be incorporating it into a new Riverside stand and offer pitchside rooms. I'm sure such a thing if done properly with conferencing facilities etc. could bring much needed revenue into the club long term. Don't think Blackburn has that much offering. Bolton perhaps more attractive than Ewood given how close it is to the motorway and business parks round there.

My worry is we've sat back and done nothing on this front and in the last 5-6 years there must be 5-6 new hotels built in Blackburn. Clearly there is a demand for hotel rooms and we're missing out when Ewood could be at the forefront of it.

Just now, JHRover said:

I hope that having a hotel within the stadium is something Rovers are looking seriously at doing. The obvious place to start would be incorporating it into a new Riverside stand and offer pitchside rooms. I'm sure such a thing if done properly with conferencing facilities etc. could bring much needed revenue into the club long term. Don't think Blackburn has that much offering. Bolton perhaps more attractive than Ewood given how close it is to the motorway and business parks round there.

My worry is we've sat back and done nothing on this front and in the last 5-6 years there must be 5-6 new hotels built in Blackburn. Clearly there is a demand for hotel rooms and we're missing out when Ewood could be at the forefront of it.

The council has pushed this through. After the success of the hotel in the Cathedral Quarter (full probably 6-7 weeks in advance at certain times!!) business has seen a real gap in the market. Prior to the Premier Inn I don't think we had another big named hotel in the town centre (correct me if I am wrong).

There is a definite market for a hotel at Ewood. Blackburn College/University hold training centres every week which are quite often sold out to companies nationwide. Could well be room for Rovers to get in on that. Doubt it though - probably close the stand for good and continue without it.

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

The council has pushed this through. After the success of the hotel in the Cathedral Quarter (full probably 6-7 weeks in advance at certain times!!) business has seen a real gap in the market. Prior to the Premier Inn I don't think we had another big named hotel in the town centre (correct me if I am wrong).

There is a definite market for a hotel at Ewood. Blackburn College/University hold training centres every week which are quite often sold out to companies nationwide. Could well be room for Rovers to get in on that. Doubt it though - probably close the stand for good and continue without it.

Again it's another angle from which to try and overcome FFP issues. Constructing facilities at Ewood that will generate income 7 days a week all year irrespective of footballing performance is essential. At the moment we have the indoor centre and offices in the DE but nothing else generating cash. We have the space to do it, there is clearly a demand for it, and in the Riverside we have the perfect opportunity to do it.

It could include a leisure centre/gym with discounts for season ticket holders.

5 hours ago, DE. said:

If there's one crumb of comfort for Bolton fans... it's that Jason Lowe is still under contract and probably not going anywhere.

Talk about kicking them when they're down! 

Also can't a lot of their players leave for free/hand in their notice as they've not been paid for a few months? Might struggle to field a team on top of all their other problems. 

5 hours ago, DE. said:

If there's one crumb of comfort for Bolton fans... it's that Jason Lowe is still under contract and probably not going anywhere.

He'll still stink L1 out. He's at least 2 divisions above his 'ability' level even now.

It'll be interesting to see if he exercises his right to give notice though bearing in mind he struggled to find a home when he deemed himself too good for us after relegation.