BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

Astounding and unfair treatment of Bolton by HMRC imo. Any other business in such obviously rotten state would have been put to the sword by the system long ago. Football clubs seem to operate under a totally different set of rules from normal business, even when their owners are clearly inept, dishonest and incapable of running their business. Someone should be looking at the management of HMRC and asking are they 'fit and proper' to run the country's tax affairs.

17 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Astounding and unfair treatment of Bolton by HMRC imo. Any other business in such obviously rotten state would have been put to the sword by the system long ago. Football clubs seem to operate under a totally different set of rules from normal business, even when their owners are clearly inept, dishonest and incapable of running their business. Someone should be looking at the management of HMRC and asking are they 'fit and proper' to run the country's tax affairs.

To be fair I think HMRC have done all they can be issuing a Winding up Petition in the High Court for unpaid tax. For most people that alone would make them come to the table and settle.

It seems the Judge and High Court are the ones giving Bolton extra time and chances to escape rather than winding them up and allowing HMRC to recover their debt. 

Fairly sure most businesses would have been shut down by now but it seems football clubs are treated differently in courts of law in the UK. Presumably it's all about the Judge not wanting to put people out of jobs and get criticism for shutting down a football club.

• Backroom

Yeah, I think football clubs cases are always judged in the context of the impact on the wider community, etc, should they disappear. That obviously gives chancers like Anderson and Bassini an opening as they know that even if things don't go to plan they can probably make their escape with relative ease. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48230034 

Parker given the Fulham job.

If Rovers are looking to compete at the top end next season, I think this has to be seen as good news. This is such a difficult league to cut your teeth in. There are some qualified successes of first time managers, but not getting someone with a bit more experience is an early  mistake imo for a team that will be looking to go straight back up. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
23 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48230034 

Parker given the Fulham job.

If Rovers are looking to compete at the top end next season, I think this has to be seen as good news. This is such a difficult league to cut your teeth in. There are some qualified successes of first time managers, but not getting someone with a bit more experience is an early  mistake imo for a team that will be looking to go straight back up. 

It's very rare that this type of appointment works out. Lampard has done alright at Derby this year but it's not often that rookie managers get promoted out of the Championship. I wonder if they're struggling for cash after their £100m spending spree in the PL? I'd say unlikely considering Khan is funding a ridiculously expensive wrestling venture (AEW) in the States, but maybe FFP comes into it? I don't know. I'd be worried if I was a Fulham supporter.

• Like 2

Just now, DE. said:

It's very rare that this type of appointment works out. Lampard has done alright at Derby this year but it's not often that rookie managers get promoted out of the Championship. I wonder if they're struggling for cash after their £100m spending spree in the PL? I'd say unlikely considering Khan is funding a ridiculously expensive wrestling venture (AEW) in the States, but maybe FFP comes into it? I don't know. I'd be worried if I was a Fulham supporter.

Parachute money should see them alright financially. They will have a good squad next year I reckon. The Parker appointment is def good for other clubs in the division though.

Cairney signed a new deal I noticed the other day. Struggled in the premier league, so looks like one for the "good championship player" category 

Think with Parker the fans and players love him and he's popular so they're giving him a chance after an ok spell as caretaker. I agree the Championship tends not to be a place for rookies and people on their first managerial job. Bowyer managed it with us. Not many others. Lampard done ok but no better than McClaren or Rowett at this point.

Doubt Fulham are struggling for cash as they appear to be another lot immune from Ffp concerns.

Just now, JHRover said:

Think with Parker the fans and players love him and he's popular so they're giving him a chance after an ok spell as caretaker. I agree the Championship tends not to be a place for rookies and people on their first managerial job. Bowyer managed it with us. Not many others. Lampard done ok but no better than McClaren or Rowett at this point.

Doubt Fulham are struggling for cash as they appear to be another lot immune from Ffp concerns.

Steadied the ship but underachieved overall. Great eye for a player but to not make the playoffs with 'that' squad was pretty bad stuff. An experienced 'good' manager would have got us there.

I'm not sure if I'll bother watching the first legs (especially as there's a cricket clash), but the play-offs we should have been in are just about to start.

Rather than asking who people are up for I guess the best way to ask the question is...

Which team do you most NOT want to play next season?

Leeds, Derby, West Brom, Aston Villa.

?

15 minutes ago, Husky said:

I'm not sure if I'll bother watching the first legs (especially as there's a cricket clash), but the play-offs we should have been in are just about to start.

Rather than asking who people are up for I guess the best way to ask the question is...

Which team do you most NOT want to play next season?

Leeds, Derby, West Brom, Aston Villa.

?

Well, id hate Leeds to go up, just cause, well, ya know. Would also hate Derby County to go up because they are another adored by Sky right now. Villa I dont want to go up because if they dont, they would have to sell all and sundry in the transfer window (by now surely as their parachute money has dried up and FFP is looming). So, West Brom going up would be the least painful for me.

And when you ask it the way you do - I would still come up with the same answer, simply because they still have a good sqwuad on paper, have parachute money and are thus likely to strengthen.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

Just now, philipl said:

Parker's last four games include 3 wins after losing 5 on the bounce.

Suspect he good be pretty useful with them in the Championship.

Meanwhile my tip of Baggies to come through the play-offs going OK so far. 

I jinxed Baggies good and proper!

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Considering these games are to qualify for the richest game in football, the standard of the officiating has been awful. And worst of all these are Premier League officials

Pawson is either a cheat or just pathetic.

Biased towards Leeds from the first Ayling dive in minute one, how did he not book Roofe and Phillips to name just two Leeds players.