BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

Just now, DE. said:

Villa v Leeds is the nightmare playoff final for me. Two teams I despise, one of whom has grossly overspent to the point of total financial meltdown and yet may be rewarded for it with promotion. 

Still, I suppose that if Leeds go up at least the Championship will stop being Leeds Utd TV for a season. 

It would be funnier if Leeds don't go up, but then again it's more likely that Villa will have to face the music if their gamble doesn't pay off this year.

Either way, come on Derby!

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Admiral Nelsen said:

It would be funnier if Leeds don't go up, but then again it's more likely that Villa will have to face the music if their gamble doesn't pay off this year.

Either way, come on Derby!

Even Derby have that awful Frank Lampard FC bullshit that's been so irritating this year. The media will never stop going on about it if "Lamps" gets Derby promoted in his first season as a manager. Would be almost as bad as Liverpool winning the PL. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

I'm almost at the stage where I want Leeds to beat them in the play-off final. No time for Dean Smith who seems to take great surprise that some teams turn up at Villa Park and defend. Amazing that. You spend £50 million on players in the 2nd division and have a Premier League wage bill yet teams like Rotherham turn up and defend. Wonder what Smith would be doing in the opposite dugout.

Reports today that WBA will interview Hughton for their job next week. Very sensible and will almost guarantee a promotion push next season if it happens.

Ya, Smith is very dislikeable. Wasn't it him who said our pitch was crap and the cows will be out on it later? His team are horrible little scrotes, diving and snitching all over the place. 

• Like 1

You can bet Sky Sports and the League will be rooting for and delighted if it is Villa v Leeds in the final at Wembley. Full house, neutrals will love it, high viewing figures on tv, hours upon hours of talking about what big, fantastic, great football clubs they are and how wonderful their support is, how the Premier League needs them. Football League will use it as evidence of how great things are when we've two traditional big clubs competing in a Wembley final and they can showcase the competition to the world. Really is sickening stuff which I struggle to listen to. Can be sure that Sky/EFL would much sooner have that final than Bristol City/Derby/WBA or most other clubs at this level.

Out of the four i wanted WBA up - picking out of the rest is like having to choose from three different ways of having your manhood mutilated. Really want to see Villa have to pay for their overspending, Leeds stay out of the top flight for another 20-years and Frank Lampards Derby County fail spectacularly. 

I guess ill have to go for the manhood fed through a mincer of Derby County to go up - if I really had to choose. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I'm almost at the stage where I want Leeds to beat them in the play-off final. No time for Dean Smith who seems to take great surprise that some teams turn up at Villa Park and defend. Amazing that. You spend £50 million on players in the 2nd division and have a Premier League wage bill yet teams like Rotherham turn up and defend. Wonder what Smith would be doing in the opposite dugout.

Reports today that WBA will interview Hughton for their job next week. Very sensible and will almost guarantee a promotion push next season if it happens.

Didn't Smith criticise and blame the Ewood pitch for losing when we beat Brentford early last season? As a player he was good to referee and have a rapport with but like a lot of them he became an arse when he took the managerial reins. Villa not going up should be disastrous for them after the turmoil of last summer when they stayed in the Championship. That said they'll probably worm their way out of any penalties for breaches of FFP.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

To be fair to Villa. Historically and in the present day, a bigger club than Leeds any way you measure it.

Yet, they get nowhere near the same media love in.

You're right there Matty: what is it with Leeds and Sky in particular? 

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

You can bet Sky Sports and the League will be rooting for and delighted if it is Villa v Leeds in the final at Wembley. Full house, neutrals will love it, high viewing figures on tv, hours upon hours of talking about what big, fantastic, great football clubs they are and how wonderful their support is, how the Premier League needs them. Football League will use it as evidence of how great things are when we've two traditional big clubs competing in a Wembley final and they can showcase the competition to the world. Really is sickening stuff which I struggle to listen to. Can be sure that Sky/EFL would much sooner have that final than Bristol City/Derby/WBA or most other clubs at this level.

Looks like their wet dream will come true.

The Leeds keeper has just done a Raya  - like he did against Birmingham-and cost them a goal. He’s made the exact same mistake as I type this out, except it’s not gone in this time. 

2-1 Leeds as it stands over the two legs.

Edited by scotchrover

There’s not a single team out of the three left that I would want promoted.

But it definitely isn’t Leeds.

Wish list:

Derby go up

Villa lose Grealish and FKW leaves in protest

Bielsa leaves Leeds and is replaced by Coyle

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 1