BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

Just now, DE. said:

It's a pretty crucial match, as I think both are potentially due to incur FFP sanctions should they remain in the Championship next season.

Derby have to sell to avoid FFP I think the stadium sell will get reviewed there squad is average.

Villa despite the Xia era Sawis and co are treated as fresh meat in FFP so the 3 year clock starts again with a bloody good squad, maybe the best.

Villa for me any day.

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Derby have to sell to avoid FFP I think the stadium sell will get reviewed there squad is average.

Villa despite the Xia era Sawis and co are treated as fresh meat in FFP so the 3 year clock starts again with a bloody good squad, maybe the best.

Villa for me any day.

Is this correct? Villa have another two years to basically throw as much money as they like before they face consequences?

Pretty galling if so, considering the dire straits they were on last summer. I had assumed that it was a temporary stay of execution, but I could be wrong. 

Just now, Admiral Nelsen said:

Is this correct? Villa have another two years to basically throw as much money as they like before they face consequences?

Pretty galling if so, considering the dire straits they were on last summer. I had assumed that it was a temporary stay of execution, but I could be wrong. 

I believe fresh investment starts the cycle again admiral I remember reading it at the time. They were seconds from administration and still have a wage bill of 65 million running at approx 35 mill of losses per year. 

Just now, Scotland1 said:

I believe fresh investment starts the cycle again admiral I remember reading it at the time. They were seconds from administration and still have a wage bill of 65 million running at approx 35 mill of losses per year. 

Hopefully those sorts of sums will mean that there'll be some cost-cutting this season, FFP or not. 

Have to admit, I was going for Derby almost entirely because I thought Villa were the ones more likely to have their squad dismantled. I had no idea that the reverse was more likely.

In any case, it's not Leeds, so happy days. 

46 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Can't believe it is so open to manipulation or we could fiddle our way right through it. Why not just move the club between different members of the Venky family or different companies under their umbrella?

Villa have got away with it just like Wolves, Brighton, Fulham, QPR, Bournemouth and Leicester all did. Spending massive amounts to go up and all succeeded. Villa/Derby will too. Neither will be punished. None have been other than QPR who after about 4 years of talking accepted a fine of less than they should have had.

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Leeds were obviously going for it and, ultimately, failed. Speculation that Bielsa might get the boot; would that be the right decision, or plain mad?

They’ll be sold. Eleven sports owner and Leeds owner Russo Rizza whatever pulled the plug in la Liga rights earlier this year and actively touted the club. They’re fucked unless someone buys them

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Come on, where are those of you who were trying to tell me Bamford was a great player. Come out and take your scolding :) He is solid useless

Amazing result for Derby, particularly considering we played them off the field a few weeks ago. I hope they beat Villa now, but I had a feeling Leeds might have been the better shout to do that. 

Sky very happy. 

This highlights that fact anyone can beat anyone in this division. It just needs a manager with a bit of ambition. Lampard has that in spades as well as Uncle Sackhead’s contacts list.

5 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

Honestly, what’s with all this Leeds hatred?

Bielsa did well as I’m under the impression he didn’t sign any players and used the players already at the club?

It’s funny how he stopped being this great manager once he was outed as a David Attenborough wannabe.

6 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

Bielsa did well as I’m under the impression he didn’t sign any players and used the players already at the club?

Being bankrolled back to the prem by sky. And they still haven’t managed it despite it going on for years. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Sky absolutely obsessed with them and determined for them to get promoted.

Plus, it's Leeds?

• Backroom

Personally, it’s partly the Sky over-promotion thing, the fact my most detested teacher was a Leeds fan, and I love anything and everything to do with Brian Clough.

13 hours ago, Stuart said:

This highlights that fact anyone can beat anyone in this division. It just needs a manager with a bit of ambition. Lampard has that in spades as well as Uncle Sackhead’s contacts list.

Ya, the loans they got in really were the difference, as is the case with many teams who do well. Makes our awful January window even more frustrating then

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

I'd be curious if you have a link on that...

Both Swiss Ramble (https://twitter.com/swissramble/status/1105375506868957184?lang=en) and Price of Football (http://priceoffootball.com/aston-villa-2017-18-finances-and-ffp-doctoring-the-tardis/) recently wrote on AV's 17-18 finances, neither mention anything about fresh investment 'restarting the cycle', other than commenting that the new owners could boost commercial revenue. SR projects them to miss the FFP target by £25m, so... the new owners prevented them from falling into administration, but I don't see how it impacts FFP.

This was the last year of AV's parachute payments too, so hard to imagine they won't have to make some significant cuts in some capacity if they don't get promoted regardless. Their CEO's certainly consistently made noises about their confidence in meeting FFP, so could get interesting if they lose the final. If they get promoted, probably will descend into protracted negotiations with the EFL that will end in one of those relatively paltry fines, like Bournemouth.

(I'll be cheering for Derby :))

• Like 1

Just now, RoverCanada said:

I'd be curious if you have a link on that...

Both Swiss Ramble (https://twitter.com/swissramble/status/1105375506868957184?lang=en) and Price of Football (http://priceoffootball.com/aston-villa-2017-18-finances-and-ffp-doctoring-the-tardis/) recently wrote on AV's 17-18 finances, neither mention anything about fresh investment 'restarting the cycle', other than commenting that the new owners could boost commercial revenue. SR projects them to miss the FFP target by £25m, so... the new owners prevented them from falling into administration, but I don't see how it impacts FFP.

This was the last year of AV's parachute payments too, so hard to imagine they won't have to make some significant cuts in some capacity if they don't get promoted regardless. Their CEO's certainly consistently made noises about their confidence in meeting FFP, so could get interesting if they lose the final. If they get promoted, probably will descend into protracted negotiations with the EFL that will end in one of those relatively paltry fines, like Bournemouth.

(I'll be cheering for Derby :))

Suppose the confidence may come from knowing they can generate plenty of cash from selling Grealish. That being said if they lose Abraham, Grealish & Mings and can't spend much of the Grealish money on strengthening the squad, then hard to see them as competitive as they were this year.

Apparently Woodgate is nailed on for the Boro job. Another untested manager in charge of a team hoping to go up, even for the Championship next year is looking ridiculously unpredictable. 

Just now, Admiral Nelsen said:

Suppose the confidence may come from knowing they can generate plenty of cash from selling Grealish. That being said if they lose Abraham, Grealish & Mings and can't spend much of the Grealish money on strengthening the squad, then hard to see them as competitive as they were this year.

Yup. The general assumption/speculation is they kept Grealish on and willing breached FFP this year. Probably just gamesmanship that they won't admit major sales would be needed next year. Have to assume selling Grealish is a must if they don't go up, but then will be interesting to see how (and if) they are punished for their FFP transgressions this year!

However, suppose they are given a one-year transfer embargo. If they can demonstrate they are FFP compliant going forward, with gradual wage cuts, other sales, and past transfer payments fading away, that may mean they do everything they can to keep the likes of Grealish on board knowing they have no hope of replacing him. (After the second half he's had, have to assume Grealish is even more keen on a PL move now). Parachute payments evaporating will hurt but they do have a much higher revenue base than most Championship clubs, so they can certainly keep a few very high earners on board. So may depend on how punitive the EFL is in their sanctions.

Edited by RoverCanada

9 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

what went on in the postal order a couple of seasons back. Also the lack of respect when Sir Matt Busby Died. Total brain dead idiots

7 minutes ago, jodrell said:

what went on in the postal order a couple of seasons back. Also the lack of respect when Sir Matt Busby Died. Total brain dead idiots

They are an entitled bunch who sing about being Champions of Europe but they didn't actually win anything. And I take a dislike to any club who shamefully fleece visiting supporters.

8 hours ago, arbitro said:

They are an entitled bunch who sing about being Champions of Europe but they didn't actually win anything. And I take a dislike to any club who shamefully fleece visiting supporters.

They epitomise Yorkshire. Il never work that way for no money again. I’ve never met so many people at once so tight, penny pinching but happy to lavish on one selves, still hard done by from Thatcher and not moved for 30 year types. That said a number of decent people too but working anywhere in Yorkshire is funny. It’s a complete different mindset.

Edited by Scotland1

33 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

They epitomise Yorkshire. Il never work that way for no money again. I’ve never met so many people at once so tight, penny pinching but happy to lavish on one selves, still hard done by from Thatcher and not moved for 30 year types. That said a number of decent people too but working anywhere in Yorkshire is funny. It’s a complete different mindset.

" If tha does owt for nowt do it for thesen ".

Translation _ If you do anything for nothing do it for yourself.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

19 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

When Ewood was being rebuilt we played Leeds with both home and away fans in Darwen End. When game ended Rovers fans were asked to stay behind while Leeds fans left. Bad decision. As Leeds fans squeezed past us they spat in our faces.

Can't stand the club, and enjoyed seeing them silenced by the Rams. 

Edited by Cherry Blue

34 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

tenor.gif

We're not all like that ?

Edited by davulsukur