BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I know the thread is titled for last season, but this still seems the most apt place currently available to post it (I think, can't be bothered to check).

Rule changes for next season:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/rule-changes-next-season-set-16299910.amp

Some of those are ridiculous. A goalkeeper can’t touch his posts before a PK???

The subs one is sensible. But we would have seen around 25% less of Tugay per game.

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

The wall one smells of too much meddling. Can't understand that one.

Presumably to cut down on all the argy bargy and players taking a spot in the wall then moving out of the way, and other chicanery. Not really bothered by that one - why does an attacker have to be in the wall anyway, other than to disrupt it? Free kicks are a good enough opportunity without that.

2 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Some of those are ridiculous. A goalkeeper can’t touch his posts before a PK???

The subs one is sensible. But we would have seen around 25% less of Tugay per game.

No clue about the goalkeeper touching his posts...I dunno, maybe the idea is that it's used as a psychological deterrent by goalkeepers and they don't want that kind of thing? Seems OTT to me.

With the subs one...they could just stop the watch the moment the substitution starts until play resumes. I'd always figured that's what they're supposed to do anyway, but it doesn't seem to happen often if at all. Would also stop managers making substitutions purely to waste time, as it wouldn't help at all in that respect. It would then only be useful to take the impetus from a team with the bit between their teeth.

3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/birmingham-city-launch-bid-15m-16329539

Birmingham City are interested in signing Ipswich Town goalkeeper Bartosz Bialkowski

He's been mentioned on here a few times as a possible signing for us. 

Ipswich have just signed a new keeper so he could well be on his way. Don't think for one minute that we'll be paying 8 figure sums out for a goalkeeper.

6 hours ago, Stuart said:

Just think: if this group was to approach Venkys they’d say “no thanks we’re good”.

?

Qatar did in 2011 and were rejected because Ballaji was persuaded by a long telephone call from the UK not to sell...

Family rules are major decisions are taken unanimously and so Venkat switched to back his younger brother and so Mr and Mrs D had no option but to reject.

11 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I don't have to. Its the same state backed fund that own PSG. 

I am talking about the workings of the State, how the Royal family interact with the power structures and how decisions to invest are taken.