BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Any chance you can stop trolling every thread?

It’s getting boring now and I for one am fed up of it. I don’t know how others feel?

He demands proof and links from other posters accusing them of BS but when you call him out on things you just get a sarcastic reply. He posted in another thread about the players referring to Dack as fatback but didn’t provide proof!

Come on mods. 

• Like 1

According to a Sunderland fan I know, it sounds like they're in a position not too dissimilar to where we were last season. 2 or 3 players that are far, far too good for the third tier, other players that are probably top end of L1 but with question marks about how well they could adapt. They've got used to winning again, so maybe exercised a few demons there.

Having said that I get the impression though that they're relying on McGeady and others even more than we relied on Dack & Mulgrew, and the wages are equally if not even more eye watering. Also don't think there's anything that you'd really call a feel-good-factor there either given how they've coughed and spluttered and missed out on the top 2. I don't think they would be in as good a position as we were to compete if they win today, but I think a loss could be disasterous.

I know less about where Charlton are at, but I'd be dissapointed if we'll be concerned about either of them as competition next season.

Cattermole has taken a wage cut and is STILL on 40k a week! Plus the final year of parachute payments next season have already been spent.

You can imagine it ain’t just Waggott that is desperate for a Sunderland win!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Wager there'll be a lot of talk on Sky about “long suffering best fans in the world Sunderland” yet Charlton’s years of atrocious dismantling ownership will hardly get a mention.

Hope Charlton stuff them

5 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Wager there'll be a lot of talk on Sky about “long suffering best fans in the world Sunderland” yet Charlton’s years of atrocious dismantling ownership will hardly get a mention.

To be fair, Sky"s Jim White has been banging on about Duchatelet for a while now on his talksport show, not much on sky news itself

7 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

So are all of those Charlton fans happy with their owner now I wonder?

I’m pretty sure some tossers were saying similar to us the last couple of years whilst things have been going in the right direction.

No.

From experience I can tell you that they aren’t.

• Like 1

No win situation today in the play off final.

Villa win and they'll have got away with it and another club proving that you can buy your way out of the division free from difficulties. It would be funny to see them fail again and hopefully one day face these long awaited sanctions. The media love in for them is sickening.

Derby win and they're another lot who will have got away with it, spending way beyond their means for years in a row with no punishment and on the brink of the ultimate get out of jail award. The Frank Lampard obsession is also pathetic. 

I'd also feel more confident in our own chances in a division with Derby in it than Villa, but on balance I think I'd just about prefer a Derby win.

I think Villa will win but I am not too bothered ....

Trying to think logically get rid of Villa to prem , Derby next year I do not think will be as strong .

Also , rumours abound Lampard going to Chelsea ( cant see it myself) but stranger things have happenend.

I can't see anything other than a comfortable Villa win and I would be selfishly happy with that. Visiting Villa Park as an away fan is spoilt for me by egotistical stewards on a power trip. 

And can you imagine even more glorifying of Lampard.

• Like 1

Derby for me, Lampard will be found out dramatically in the PL - he barely made top six in the Championship. Also, want to see Villa have no choice but to fall in line with their spending next season.

Edited by JacknOry

Just now, JacknOry said:

Derby for me, Lampard will be found out dramatically in the PL - he barely made top six in the Championship. Also, want to see Villa have no choice but to fall in line with their spending next season.

They have super rich owners, that's not going to happen. If Villa win today, expect a similar scenario to Wolves. 

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

I think Villa will win but I am not too bothered ....

Trying to think logically get rid of Villa to prem , Derby next year I do not think will be as strong .

Also , rumours abound Lampard going to Chelsea ( cant see it myself) but stranger things have happenend.

Villa won't be strong if they don't go up. They will need to do enormous restructuring of their playing staff 

1 hour ago, imy9 said:

They have super rich owners, that's not going to happen. If Villa win today, expect a similar scenario to Wolves. 

Except for the fact Wolves were one of the best Championship teams in memory with an excellent and proven manager. Couldn't see Villa breaking top 10 if they went up, under any circumstances. 

Just switched over to watch the Championship Playoff final and the first thing I see is Keith Andrews and his walnut whip hair trying to come over all expert like. I quickly switched back to Only Fools and Horses.

Just now, OnePhilT said:

I didn't even know Ashley Cole was at Derby! He starts in the final at the young age of 38.

Did you not watch us play them at Ewood? Conway give him a torrid time. 

The 2 fellas who commentate for our games on Ifollow were so unintentionally condescending to Conway. Stuff like "what a low point for Ashley Cole after the career he has had to get a run around like this off Craig Conway. With all due respect to Conway". This went on and on. I found it hilarious.