BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

See Ross McCormock has got a pay rise from £40,000 to £70,000 per week due to villa being promoted. He hasn't played for them for 2 years. 

I know that's a disgrace, everything wrong with modern football etc. but am I alone in thinking that's hilarious?

Villa supporting mate thought he was rather hard done to under the previous management. Can see him going to a championship club for a heavily subsidised loan next season, think we could do worse personally. 

Edited by Admiral Nelsen

20 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I know that's a disgrace, everything wrong with modern football etc. but am I alone in thinking that's hilarious?

Villa fan supporting mate thought he was rather hard done to under the previous management. Can see him going to a championship club for a heavily subsidised loan next season, think we could do worse personally. 

At this point he would be a gamble. He is 32, hasn't played properly in over 2 years, on £70,000 per week. I could see the knives being pulled out early if he wan't applying himself. 

£70k a week for ROSS MCCORMACK?

It just shows what we are up against really. Even paying somebody 40k a week to not play a single game is outrageous. Couple this with the big money players they already have at the club. Their wage bill must be staggering but their turnover to wage ratio has to look a lot better than ours.

We are a poor club now, like it or lump it, even in this league. I'm starting to really consider my doubts about Brereton costing us £7m because, in todays market, is that even a significant figure when you have lumps like that sat in the stands earning that? Eye watering

Edited by Dreams of 1995

8 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I don't get this either. What are goalkeepers taught in these multi-million pound academies? Every single one of them wants to play football but none of them want to jump through a crowd of players and catch a ball.

With their arms extended a goalkeeper should get a glove (palm, punch or catch) to ball every single time. If he has to go through a crowd then so what? You are quick enough off your line if there's a chance to cruyff turn an attacker so get off your line to do your bloody job and catch the ball.

If you come bustling out and you collide with an attacking player you'll always get the free kick so why stay rooted to your line. These days you see keepers trying to make a save from behind the goal line. Crazy.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11730994/middlesbrough-plan-to-sue-derby-for-side-stepping-efl-financial-rules

This could get interesting. Middlesbrough are planning to sue Derby over the sale of Pride Park to the Derby owner. The article says the sale was approved by the EFL. If that's true surely Middlesbrough would have a stronger case by suing the EFL.

28 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Oh and all the club chief execs and the EFL bigwigs are now in Portugal for their end of season meeting... because well, why not, better than Preston ay!

Why does a competition organiser for an English football competition have to meet in sunny Portugal? 

Back slaps all around as they spend that fine money.

Never mind Bury or Bolton, record attendances this year and Sky are paying more!

5 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Pretty odd, as he was doing quite well. Maybe he's got another job lined up.

Unless things are so bad behind the scenes at Hull that he knows what's coming and he's getting out with a good season behind him. Their fans are blaming the owners and expect relegation next season.

1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

That would just be cruel Blueboy. I bet Gary Rowett will be in the running. He and Gary Monk seem set to manage every club in this division, along with Steve Bruce.

Get yer money on Steeeve McClaren ..