BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

I see the Preston Massive are travelling to Bolton today and its allowed to kick off at 3pm.

1000 less than we took to Preston, also a 3pm kick off. Only at Rovers do we agree to restrict our crowd potential and income to satisfy some strange policy.

2 hours ago, CP Company Lad said:

The Blunts have a very tough run of games now. This implosion could have a big affect on them. 

effect

The record breaking Billy Sharp showed what Leeds are missing by notching a hat-trick.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

effect

The record breaking Billy Sharp showed what Leeds are missing by notching a hat-trick.

Sorry Jimmy. 

Not sure what relevance your post has to our promotion chase ? He had a spell at Leeds and was garbage.

2 points dropped again for us as it goes. Better team all day long but we will take a share of the spoils and sit top with Swansea and Bolton at home next.

I'd cash in on Dack in the Summer and rebuild. Play off chances just gone pop i suggest. Not that it has any effect/affect on me.

8 minutes ago, Husky said:

As a side note. The guy that put the game to bed with 2 goals cost £7million less than Brereton. ?

Cracks me up when I see people say words to the effect of -

“Why don’t we just sign by far the best players in the league??”

As if it’s that simple!

10 minutes ago, Husky said:

Ok Mercer ?

Haha. 

Ipswich had chances but not quality in attack. 

5 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Lambert can fight his corner but the fact is Ipswich are a poor side due to player quality. Chambers (Ipswich) had a clear chance to test the Norwich keeper but his tame shot was no more than a pass. They are as good as in League 1.

They are down. 

Ipswich need to rebuild and copy what Mowbray did with us.

7 minutes ago, Husky said:

As a side note. The guy that put the game to bed with 2 goals cost £7million less than Brereton. ?

And? We arent Norwich nor do have their set up in terms of scouting knowkedge or a sporting director like Stuart Webber with his contacts. 

Also why cant people stop mentioning Brereton and the price he cost. Some people are obsess. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Haha. 

Ipswich had chances but not quality in attack. 

They are down. 

Ipswich need to rebuild and copy what Mowbray did with us.

And? We arent Norwich nor do have their set up in terms of scouting knowkedge or a sporting director like Stuart Webber with his contacts. 

Also why cant people stop mentioning Brereton and the price he cost. Some people are obsess. 

Both Farke and Webber were appointed at Norwich after Mowbray joined Rovers. There has been ample time for Mowbray to set up a European scouting network but the truth is he has preferred shopping at home and often with players he knows. If he is now acknowledging the need to up his game fine but if we are to bring in summer recruits from abroad something needs to happen quickly.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Cracks me up when I see people say words to the effect of -

“Why don’t we just sign by far the best players in the league??”

As if it’s that simple!

Norwich aren't Man Utd and they seem to have got a relative bargain.

Even when you watch the 3rd and even 4th division highlights, you often see players that stand out (*incidentally I'd like to see our Ben on loan at a 3rd division club).

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that we could actually sign a 'near Vardy' from the lower leagues, or supposedly lower standard football from abroad.

It seems the Dack signing was just pure fluke.

1 minute ago, Husky said:

Norwich aren't Man Utd and they seem to have got a relative bargain.

Even when you watch the 3rd and even 4th division highlights, you often see players that stand out (*incidentally I'd like to see our Ben on loan at a 3rd division club).

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that we could actually sign a 'near Vardy' from the lower leagues, or supposedly lower standard football from abroad.

It seems the Dack signing was just pure fluke.

Pukki was on a free, and is a player that 80 other clubs in England (at least) would like.

He’s phenomenal, but he’s a complete outlier and one of the greatest value signings in recent memory.

Saying “why don’t we do that” just amuses me.

And it’s a little greedy and silly to EXPECT a conveyor belt of Dacks - most teams don’t have a signing anywhere close on the value/performance scale, some never have or never will.

If the Dacks and Pukkis of the world weren’t “flukes” every team would be like Barcelona with minimal cost!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Pukki was on a free, and is a player that 80 other clubs in England (at least) would like.

He’s phenomenal, but he’s a complete outlier and one of the greatest value signings in recent memory.

Saying “why don’t we do that” just amuses me.

And it’s a little greedy and silly to EXPECT a conveyor belt of Dacks - most teams don’t have a signing anywhere close on the value/performance scale, some never have or never will.

If the Dacks and Pukkis of the world weren’t “flukes” every team would be like Barcelona with minimal cost!

But there's much better players than Brereton playing in the lower divisions. It's not inconceivable that we could have signed literally any one of them for comparatively next to nothing and they would have been biting their hands off to play for Rovers in The Championship, without counter offers from '80 other clubs'.

Edited by Husky