BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

4 hours ago, Tom said:

Just seen that Connor Mahoney is 22 now. For some reason I thought he was still a teenager, time flies. Not sure how he’s doing at Brum but you’d think he’d be wanting to break into the Bournemouth team or will be off next season.

He's running down his contract so he can come back to Mogga's wingless wonders and sit on the bench next to Chapman.

Davies allegedly put in 5 million needed at the last min once before after Anderson had run the clock down then he allegedly charged a consultant fee or something and pocketed 500k of it for himself. I think it was the day before Davies passed away, utter tosser that Anderson he playing Russian roulette with it again now hoping someone else will bale it out it seems.

About time they were all brought to book !

28 minutes ago, DE. said:

https://www.infogol.net/blog/analysis/championship-promotion-race-assessed-23012019

An article from last month predicting eventual finishes, based on xG. We're slipping pretty quickly towards the 18th we were tipped for in the article (we were 10th at the time).  

They knew something that Nixon didn’t! I knew our season was goosed the second the fat red funster predicted a 6th finish.

The Bolton situation just sums up what a shambles the rules of the League are. Bolton have been on thin ice for years, winding up orders galore, close to administration, yet are allowed to carry on doing it and face no sanction from the league, whilst well run clubs like Rotherham and Burton punch above their weight with limited yet well managed finances. Bolton managed to escape at the last minute last season and in doing so consign Burton to League One, probably never to return, and give Bolton access to Championship income for another year. They could still do the same this season and climb above Rotherham. Bolton spending money and paying out what they clearly don't have.

Meanwhile Birmingham are being pursued for breaking FFP rules and supposedly gaining an advantage over rivals in doing so. Great. Punish them. But how can Bolton not be guilty of similar?

Then you've Blackpool where a convicted rapist who was found in court to have stripped the club of millions of pounds is ok to own it whilst Belokon who has a guilty verdict from a Court in Kazakhstan cannot.

• Like 2

• Backroom
3 hours ago, DE. said:

https://www.infogol.net/blog/analysis/championship-promotion-race-assessed-23012019

An article from last month predicting eventual finishes, based on xG. We're slipping pretty quickly towards the 18th we were tipped for in the article (we were 10th at the time).  

Well 18th was our position in the league table someone posted of club squad values.

We were 18th and Wigan 19th.

At the time the 2 clubs were oceans apart. 

Could well see us both ending in those positions.  

Big day today at the business end.

Leeds v Bolton 

Norwich v Bristol City 

West Brom v Sheffield United 

Although I sympathise with the supporters of Bolton I hope we beat them 10-0 and they get whats coming to them. In our -15 pts season that Gartside and that other mug at Ipswich were the 2 biggest gobshites wanting heavy sanctions against us apart from the -15. Sure they wanted -25 as well as other embargoes. Nothing against the fans but the former now deceased chairman was a prick and for that I dislike them. When we went down there in 2004 their fans were good as gold after and we had a good booze with them on Bradshawgate. Funny how what goes around comes around. University of Bolton. You couldn't make it up. University ?? Like Huddersfield. These places arent fitting of Universities. Anyway looking forward to a good day on the sauce today. Not had a drink for 3 weeks so ready. 11 bells start. By your beds.

Birmingham 1-2 Rovers. In TM you trust. Good luck. 

1 hour ago, CP Company Lad said:

Big day today at the business end.

Leeds v Bolton 

Norwich v Bristol City 

West Brom v Sheffield United 

Birmingham 1-2 Rovers. In TM you trust. Good luck. 

My predictions are

Leeds v Bolton 4 nil Leeds

Norwich v Bristol City. Norwich to win 2 nil

West Brom v Sheffield United. West Brom to win 2-1. 

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Preston absolutely flying it. Would ye count them out in the play off race? 

Probably unlikely at this point, a shame for them that they had such a terrible start to the season. Some great signings in January though - guess there was value in the market after all.

• Like 1

The Top 7 look to have been around there most of the season Bristol City aside. I can't see this changing tbh but I can see 1 side from the pack going on a charge and maybe gatecrashing the play offs. Preston possibly but I was expecting more from Villa when Smith took over. 

Results weren't overly kind to us yesterday but win our game in hand on Tuesday and all good. March is a tough month with West Brom (H) Sheffield United (H), Bristol City (A) and Millwall (H) (always raise their game against us) as well as a trip to Reading. Top 2 after that run then very happy.

6 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

Watched it pal. Forest were quite impressive though. 

It looks like O'Neill has got the defence sorted out and is building from there. Derby looked physically weak compared to Forest and Lampard looked our o f his depth as O'Neill's tactics worked perfectly.

• Like 2

If Derby don't secure a top 6 position then Lampard has done a poorer job there than McClaren, Clement and Rowett, who all got to the play-offs or left them in the play-offs. 

Goes to show how powerful the media is in developing reputations for the favourites.

• Like 3