BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

1 hour ago, CP Company Lad said:

Lampard is clueless. Somebody was waxing lyrical about him months ago on here being the next Chelsea manager and having tussles with Slippy G when he takes over at Liverpool :rolleyes:.

A man with a penchant for slapping women eh ? Great bloke. Smug nobhead full of self importance. 

Slippy G , not doing much better in a 2 horse race !

58 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

He chose a method with Ireland largely due to him having a fairly poor set of players.

With Forest he has players who are generally on par with the rest of the league, so you’ll see a different method, so all that about him being a ‘dinosaur’ didn’t wash.

I snigger to myself when I hear 'modern' managers talk about sports science, nutritionalists, conditioning coaches, sports psychologists and analysts. The likes of Martin O'Neill won't put too much sway on these because he simply knows the game and understands what is needed to win football matches. Stats won't play too big a part in his team selection or tactics and his record speaks for itself. Give me a dinosaur any time.

• Like 1

• Backroom

In fairness Big Sam was very much into sports science, etc, and it always seems to work for him. I suppose the differences lies in understanding the data whilst actually being able to apply it in a real life situation. Not many are able to do it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

I predicted when O'Neill went to Forest they'd make the top 6. A far better manager than Lampard who has received unfair criticism due to his image and style rather than  results.

Image, style and results were the issue. Along with the fact he kept falling out with players and the media in Ireland. 

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

He chose a method with Ireland largely due to him having a fairly poor set of players.

With Forest he has players who are generally on par with the rest of the league, so you’ll see a different method, so all that about him being a ‘dinosaur’ didn’t wash.

Just no. I have a season ticket and while we haven't the players we had in the early 00s,what O'Neill over saw in the last year to 18 months was pathetic. Trapattoni at least was honest and said the player were limited, but at least he had us well organised and played to our strengths. I could not identify any discernable tactics or even formation at times under O'Neill. 

He played Cyrus Christie centre midfield and refused to play Doherty from Wolves. For God sake the guy called Williams up!! He is also to blame for not bringing Rice into the set up and actually capping him in a competitive game. 

I can understand why him and Keane could get a bounce there with their club history, but one way or another it will end with the fans dispising his style of football. He makes Big Sam look like Guardiola. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

I snigger to myself when I hear 'modern' managers talk about sports science, nutritionalists, conditioning coaches, sports psychologists and analysts. The likes of Martin O'Neill won't put too much sway on these because he simply knows the game and understands what is needed to win football matches. Stats won't play too big a part in his team selection or tactics and his record speaks for itself. Give me a dinosaur any time.

We didn’t need any of that modern nonsense to turn it on at Sett End, along with @Claytons Left Boot

Edited by Exiled in Toronto

7 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

We didn’t need any of that modern nonsense to turn it on at Sett End, along with @Claytons Left Boot

It would be far too cold up there for some of these snowflakes John ?.

My refereeing group once had a session with a sports psychologist and it was even more boring than one of Mr Nields Latin classes. The only thing I remembered after was he said to wear an elastic band around your wrist and if you found your concentration wavering give it a twang to shock yourself. Absolutely ground breaking ?

Im putting my neck on line and going to say Frank lampard will be a successful future manager. It's his first season in charge and he's got a decent team playing decent football. He's still cutting his teeth. He will make mistakes but he's still in his apprenticeship stage. He has all the qualities to be a top manager. 

46 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Not saying I agree with his approach with Ireland BDS, just that it doesn’t meant he’ll approach Forest the same way.

No, but I think fans of all clubs he was at end up having the same view. Although in fairness he has had some good club success 

I just don't think I can ever get over the 5-1 home collapse to Denmark. It scarred me

57 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Im putting my neck on line and going to say Frank lampard will be a successful future manager. It's his first season in charge and he's got a decent team playing decent football. He's still cutting his teeth. He will make mistakes but he's still in his apprenticeship stage. He has all the qualities to be a top manager. 

Fair enough I just don't like how the media can basically back an individual and influence not just a fan base but entire football clubs into believing agendas.

The same media that are saying Lampards doing well give him time are the same that are saying the Chelsea manager Sarri should be sacked for Lampard to replace him.

Again they love the fact that Manchester city spend bucket loads upon bucket loads to gain success yet when little blackburn did it with a lifelong fan in charge in Jack Walker it was a disgrace to football and we bought the league over United.

Utter bollocks. I see no difference between how Lampard is doing compared to other managers around his age. 

Edited by Tom Stinny

22 minutes ago, Tom Stinny said:

Fair enough I just don't like how the media can basically back an individual and influence not just a fan base but entire football clubs into believing agendas.

The same media that are saying Lampards doing well give him time are the same that are saying the Chelsea manager Sarri should be sacked for Lampard to replace him.

Again they love the fact that Manchester city spend bucket loads upon bucket loads to gain success yet when little blackburn did it with a lifelong fan in charge in Jack Walker it was a disgrace to football and we bought the league over United.

Utter bollocks. I see no difference between how Lampard is doing compared to other managers around his age. 

When we won the League we 'pipped' United to it by a point (only because United failed to beat West Ham) and attracted all sorts of criticism for 'buying' the league even though we spent less than the other teams.

When City won their first Premier League title they beat United on goal difference after Aguero scored a last gasp winner and yet that victory is portrayed as a clear decisive victory and never any mention that City blew their rivals out of the water financially to do it.

Lampard's record at Derby no better than Paul Clements or Gary Rowett's before him, yet compare and contrast the media coverage.

Edited by JHRover

We only ‘pipped’ them because we lost form in the run in and they went on a barmstorming run. Yet, they still couldn’t catch us, so shows how dominant we had been for most of the season.

(Plus, how our team needed refreshing that summer, but that’s another issue).

1 hour ago, Tom Stinny said:

Completely agree with the above but that's the media not lampard.

I'm not saying he warrants the levels of praise more than other managers, some of who are doing a better job, I just personally believe he will be a good manager in years to come

Edited by Oldgregg86

56 minutes ago, CP Company Lad said:

For anybody wanting to watch decent football tonight. QPR v Leeds United is on the red button.

A win will see us back on top. 

I can see a very good display happening tonight. It won't be easy but i am fancying a bit of 0-4.

Can we have a Poll.  How many give a fuck? Simple poll,  yes/no.

• Like 2

• Backroom
5 hours ago, CP Company Lad said:

For anybody wanting to watch decent football tonight. QPR v Leeds United is on the red button.

A win will see us back on top. 

I can see a very good display happening tonight. It won't be easy but i am fancying a bit of 0-4.

Oops.