BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

If Rovers continue making losses at the present rate, then they could be in the same position of being deducted points in the not too distant future.

No doubt the powers that be down at Ewood will be hoping Bradley gets back to his best and starts to bang a few goals in, before the end of the season,

They might possibly get £10m for him if that happens, can't see anyone else in the squad atm who will bring in any significant funds.

Edited by West Yorks Rover
  • Like 1

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

If Rovers continue making losses at the present rate, then they could be in the same position of being deducted points in the not too distant future.

No doubt the powers that be down at Ewood will be hoping Bradley gets back to his best and starts to bang a few goals in, before the end of the season,

They might possibly get £10m for him if that happens, can't see anyone else in the squad atm who will bring in any significant funds.

Might be some actual hostility towards UEFA then.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, West Yorks Rover said:

What about Big Ben ? Money in the bank there once he gets in the England senior squad.

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 12:45, West Yorks Rover said:

If we are deducted points after the way we have operated financially over the last few years in comparison to others then it suggests something is very, very wrong with our operation.

Clubs like Forest, Derby, Sheff Wed have spent millions upon millions on established players on considerable wages and haven't been deducted points. We have (by most accounts) spent years bringing down the wage bill, and with the exception of the bizarre Brereton deal not spent much (if anything) on new players.

Ironic that our owners seem to expect lots of credit for keeping paying the bills and keeping the club ticking over and yet the vast majority of money they have lost has been a direct result of their incompetence and negligence. The latest example we have is the latest 8 figure annual losses, about a third of which were the result of a major drop in media income coming from relegation to League One, itself a clear and direct result of appointing a poor manager which anyone who knows anything knew was a bad idea, yet our esteemed owners and their friends, eager to cut corners and save a few quid, made the appointment despite the availability and interest of far better alternatives.

So there went another £7 million or so from relegation - easily avoided had they conducted a proper managerial search and appointed the best man for the job rather than the cheapest or most favourably connected.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47664643?ns_linkname=sport&ns_source=facebook&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_mchannel=social#

Doesn't look pretty at Swansea. Seeking redundancies from across the board except players and the manager. Also recently appointed Trevor Birch as chairman. Birch has a reputation for being a financial firefighter and he was involved at Bolton and Portsmouth during their troubles.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47664643?ns_linkname=sport&ns_source=facebook&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_mchannel=social#

Doesn't look pretty at Swansea. Seeking redundancies from across the board except players and the manager. Also recently appointed Trevor Birch as chairman. Birch has a reputation for being a financial firefighter and he was involved at Bolton and Portsmouth during their troubles.

Article says employs 369 staff which is over 100 more than us!

In response to the excellent video on Sheffield Utd (in the Summer transfer thread) it got me thinking about the best Championship teams we've seen down at Ewood Park in the last few years.

With only Stoke, Derby, Bolton and Swansea to come this season, who have been the best team we've seen at Ewood?

Sheffield Utd would be my vote, ruthlessly efficient as a unit, not surprised they are in contention for the title.

Although the two teams that always stick out in my mind are the Derby County team from 2014/15. Rovers 2-3 Derby, who were sensational that night with Will Hughes and Jamie Ward both magnificent...... cue Bowyer's classic line

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29137521

and Huddersfield, the year they went up (and we went down) 2017/18. Rovers 1-1 Huddersfield, though how we got a point was daylight robbery. Aaron Mooy, Elias Kachunga and in particular Kasey Palmer (whatever happened to him? :D) running the show!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38113555

Who would you think was the best Championship side we've seen down at Ewood this season? Or maybe in the recent past?

Just now, rog of the rovers said:

In response to the excellent video on Sheffield Utd (in the Summer transfer thread) it got me thinking about the best Championship teams we've seen down at Ewood Park in the last few years.

With only Stoke, Derby, Bolton and Swansea to come this season, who have been the best team we've seen at Ewood?

Sheffield Utd would be my vote, ruthlessly efficient as a unit, not surprised they are in contention for the title.

Although the two teams that always stick out in my mind are the Derby County team from 2014/15. Rovers 2-3 Derby, who were sensational that night with Will Hughes and Jamie Ward both magnificent...... cue Bowyer's classic line

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29137521

and Huddersfield, the year they went up (and we went down) 2017/18. Rovers 1-1 Huddersfield, though how we got a point was daylight robbery. Aaron Mooy, Elias Kachunga and in particular Kasey Palmer (whatever happened to him? :D) running the show!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38113555

Who would you think was the best Championship side we've seen down at Ewood this season? Or maybe in the recent past?

This season would be Sheffield United without a doubt. Leeds, WBA, Boro not impressive and Norwich the biggest set of cheats going.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Hmmm tbh I agree with them. It does look dated, I don’t know why the print is yellow, there’s way too much green and no reference whatsoever to our most unique attribute: halved strip. It’d be interesting to see all the badge designs through the ages to see where it went wrong. All IMO.

Blimey, all over the shop

https://ewoodpark.jimdo.com/blackburn-rovers-glorious-legacy-winning-identity-badge-history/

Edited by Exiled in Toronto
  • Like 1

Genuinely tried to take my blue n white glasses off and judge fairly and I honestly believe it's in the top six. It's a great badge. They say it looks dated. I say it looks traditional and if you did the same rating again in ten years with all these new modern designs they would change their mind to retro and it would be cool again. Anyway I love it. Stuff talksports opinion. 

• Like 1

We're unusual with our badge and I quite like that. Nobody else has the shape ours has, whereas many have the generic shield or circle. Bristol City another one to this week ditch their coat of arms and adopt a minimalist circle, very similar to Brentford's. We're also unusual because we were late to the party with wearing a badge on our strip and then since we started we've only had 2 different variants in 40 odd years. I prefer that to the constant alterations that some clubs seem to have. As a club we've always been recognisable by our unique kit and that has come before the badge on it.

Having said that I do think ours looks dated now and would benefit from a slight modernisation or tidy up to bring it into the 21st century. I think we should keep the general format of what we have at the moment but simplify it, get rid of some of the lines and colours and bring in a darker blue.

I think the original version(s) of the one we have now were better - smaller writing, more blue, less lines and detail. I'm not a fan of the yellow/black lines and red on our crest which is quite needless. Dark blue, white writing, bright red rose, dark green stem.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

A lot of clubs now are simplifying their badges.

Tottenham and Liverpool (on their shirt), for example, just a cockerel and liver bird, stripping away all the bells and whistles.

I love the badge, but it is of its time.

I like this one! 

https://mobile.twitter.com/nychammer/status/956181020742647809?lang=en