BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

Whilst Wanderers sad situation gets all the publicity, the fact that Bury are in a similar situation seems to go relatively unnoticed.

They've just gained promotion to League 1 but their players and staff haven't been paid for 2 months either. They also face a HMRC winding up petition on 15th May. 

Seems shit owners are the scourge of Lancashires clubs, particularly when you add them to the Oystons.

Sad state of affairs.

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

That puts them up three places in the table and above Rovers. Not that it really matters.

It might affect bonuses. I'm not sure what sort of clauses there are in contracts but I don't suppose it's unrealistic that some of our players or PNE's might have something in their deal that they get a few quid extra if the club finishes in the top half of the table. Same goes for sponsors who might have to pay more if the club reaches certain levels.

I hope Bolton have the book thrown at them for this. If they go into admin that's an automatic 12 point deduction, but they've committed two other breaches - firstly by failing to play the Brentford game when it was due and secondly by failing to play it on the rearranged date that the League asked them to. The least I would expect to see is 6 points deducted for that.

I expect they'll get the 12 for admin and the league will try and wrap everything neatly under that and argue that the 12 points is sufficient.

It goes beyond not playing the game, it's bringing the league into disrepute and damaging the competition, Very lucky that it's only happened now for the last couple of games and the teams they are due to play aren't involved in promotion/relegation.

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

It might affect bonuses. I'm not sure what sort of clauses there are in contracts but I don't suppose it's unrealistic that some of our players or PNE's might have something in their deal that they get a few quid extra if the club finishes in the top half of the table. Same goes for sponsors who might have to pay more if the club reaches certain levels.

I hope Bolton have the book thrown at them for this. If they go into admin that's an automatic 12 point deduction, but they've committed two other breaches - firstly by failing to play the Brentford game when it was due and secondly by failing to play it on the rearranged date that the League asked them to. The least I would expect to see is 6 points deducted for that.

I expect they'll get the 12 for admin and the league will try and wrap everything neatly under that and argue that the 12 points is sufficient.

It goes beyond not playing the game, it's bringing the league into disrepute and damaging the competition, Very lucky that it's only happened now for the last couple of games and the teams they are due to play aren't involved in promotion/relegation.

Very true. Imagine they were meant to play Derby, Boro or Bristol on the last day. 

As if relegation wasn't bad enough, they have now written off their chances of bouncing back next season. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

• Backroom
1 hour ago, den said:

Expulsion from the league?

This is an unprecedented scenario at this level so all options are on the table. I can't see it coming to expulsion though. I assume Bolton will be given the choice to either go into admin or be expelled from the league if a takeover hasn't been agreed by a certain date. The EFL already agreed Bolton wouldn't have to fulfil their final fixture if they went into admin beforehand, so there seems to be some wriggle room there. 

Worth keeping in mind they have their court date with HMRC next week. It was delayed on the basis Bassini would be in charge by the time it happened. This situation appears dead in the water now and there isn't enough time for a takeover between now and the court date. So, if Bolton went into administration I'm not sure how that would affect things. Possibly another adjournment? Administration seems like the only way out now. They're surely out of options otherwise.

1 hour ago, DE. said:

This is an unprecedented scenario at this level so all options are on the table. I can't see it coming to expulsion though. I assume Bolton will be given the choice to either go into admin or be expelled from the league if a takeover hasn't been agreed by a certain date. The EFL already agreed Bolton wouldn't have to fulfil their final fixture if they went into admin beforehand, so there seems to be some wriggle room there. 

Worth keeping in mind they have their court date with HMRC next week. It was delayed on the basis Bassini would be in charge by the time it happened. This situation appears dead in the water now and there isn't enough time for a takeover between now and the court date. So, if Bolton went into administration I'm not sure how that would affect things. Possibly another adjournment? Administration seems like the only way out now. They're surely out of options otherwise.

Yes. Unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat with a takeover they're either going to have to risk liquidation on Wednesday or go into admin before then, which I presume will get them off the hook with the winding up petition with HMRC forced to accept less but will see a 12 point deduction.

It's astonishing how Bolton/Anderson/Bassini thought they could get the takeover done. Its clear to anyone that Bassini doesn't have remotely near the cash required to sort Bolton out and fund them moving forward, surely they knew the EFL rules on proof of funding. Appears to have been a massive waste of time. I can see why Bassini would try it on as he doesn't really lose anything out of the whole circus but I'd have expected Anderson to have seen right through him from the start. Unless he is so desperate to get rid he'd hand it over to anyone willing to take it on.

• Backroom
19 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yes. Unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat with a takeover they're either going to have to risk liquidation on Wednesday or go into admin before then, which I presume will get them off the hook with the winding up petition with HMRC forced to accept less but will see a 12 point deduction.

It's astonishing how Bolton/Anderson/Bassini thought they could get the takeover done. Its clear to anyone that Bassini doesn't have remotely near the cash required to sort Bolton out and fund them moving forward, surely they knew the EFL rules on proof of funding. Appears to have been a massive waste of time. I can see why Bassini would try it on as he doesn't really lose anything out of the whole circus but I'd have expected Anderson to have seen right through him from the start. Unless he is so desperate to get rid he'd hand it over to anyone willing to take it on.

Yeah, I have no idea what Anderson has gotten out of this whole sorry saga. He has made himself look like a total idiot, talking about tire kickers and time-wasters, then going forward with a clown like Bassini. You can only assume it was desperation, and the hope that somehow Bassini would be able to conjure up the funds he claimed to have. All it's done is made everybody look ridiculous and put the club itself into further jeopardy. Not that Anderson cares about Bolton, but you'd think he'd value his own integrity. I guess not.

My guess is that they go into administration within the coming days and once that process is complete a buyer will pick Bolton up for a small fee and the whole circus starts over.

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Whilst Wanderers sad situation gets all the publicity, the fact that Bury are in a similar situation seems to go relatively unnoticed.

They've just gained promotion to League 1 but their players and staff haven't been paid for 2 months either. They also face a HMRC winding up petition on 15th May. 

Seems shit owners are the scourge of Lancashires clubs, particularly when you add them to the Oystons.

Sad state of affairs.

Wow, that would be ironic if both rivals ended up at the bottom of the football pyramid together. Surely grounds for a joint Phoenix club if the time came.

However, Bolton pride wouldn’t allow it. I expect they would rather be “Horwich FC” than “Radcliffe Rangers”.

They could ground-share with Chorley!

2 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

Accrington Stanley failed to fulfill their fixtures in 1962. They had to resign from the League due to financial difficulties. It took the club 44 years to return, winning promotion to the League in 2006.

We got Mike Ferguson for £2000 out of the wreckage of Stanley. And people think Dack was a bargain.

• Like 1

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I've always thought Sammy Ameobi is useful. Big, holds the ball up well, got a bit of pace and a trick.  Nobody comes out of Bolton with any credit but I believe he could help us out and probably free

Bolton fans seem to hate him, lazy they say 

Just now, DE. said:

Judging by Mowbray's comments I think the likes of Ameobi are probably nowhere near the level we're looking at. And I mean that in a positive way.

Yes, got to agree. Who would Ameobi get in ahead of at Rovers in reality?

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Bolton fans know nowt 

He’s inconsistent, get him on a good day and he’s useful but I don’t think overall he’s anything special personally from what I’ve seen of him. I’ll be surprised if he ends up at a championship club too be honest. 

8 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

Accrington Stanley failed to fulfill their fixtures in 1962. They had to resign from the League due to financial difficulties. It took the club 44 years to return, winning promotion to the League in 2006.

But they wouldn’t have had to resign if the letter they wrote from the club and passed to Bob Lord actually reached the Football League management Mick. It amazes me how Stanley fans seem to have forgotten this event. Butcher Bob loved the idea of Stanley going out of existence as he though that their fans would migrate to the turd. 

• Like 6