BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

Nothing against Charlton it's good to see them moving in the right direction again but the usual pre match SKY hype towards the bigger southern club nailed it right there and then i'd love Donny to pull it off !

Come on.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

" If tha does owt for nowt do it for thesen ".

Translation _ If you do anything for nothing do it for yourself.

That's a language I understand.

We talk like that in wiggin.

One of my favourites was azbinmonbinmam.

Said as All one word but it is actually a sentence .

Anyone guess it

Beautiful accent ?

• Backroom
Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

That's a language I understand.

We talk like that in wiggin.

One of my favourites was azbinmonbinmam.

Said as All one word but it is actually a sentence .

Anyone guess it

Beautiful accent ?

Mamma Mia!

Translation:

I’m home now, Mother!

2 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

They epitomise Yorkshire. Il never work that way for no money again. I’ve never met so many people at once so tight, penny pinching but happy to lavish on one selves, still hard done by from Thatcher and not moved for 30 year types. That said a number of decent people too but working anywhere in Yorkshire is funny. It’s a complete different mindset.

The definition of a Yorkshireman is " A Scotsman with the generosity bred out"

• Like 1

Can't rule it out, but he's probably not top of Gibson's list. I think that would be more a "heart over head" decision from their perspective.  If they did approach him though I don't think he'd leave unless it was good money & he was given a decent budget as I think he recognises he's onto quite a good thing here to build his own project. Boro is now arguably a less attractive job to TM than Rovers. They'll have to scale back on their costs a lot & sell their better players due to FFP. TM would effectively have to start all over again, with perhaps added greater expectation from the fans of promotion than there are here.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Can't rule it out, but he's probably not top of Gibson's list. I think that would be more a "heart over head" decision from their perspective.  If they did approach him though I don't think he'd leave unless it was good money & he was given a decent budget as I think he recognises he's onto quite a good thing here to build his own project. Boro is now arguably a less attractive job to TM than Rovers. They'll have to scale back on their costs a lot & sell their better players due to FFP. TM would effectively have to start all over again, with perhaps added greater expectation from the fans of promotion than there are here.

Yeah, he'd get the perks up there - closer to home, more money, a proper chairman who can make decisions when needed. The drawbacks would be that there would be more pressure and expectation and less independence for the manager. Also perhaps a few characters in the dressing room harder to handle than here.

In theory Middlesbrough should be in trouble with FFp but wouldn't surprise me to see them do a Derby and attract some decent players without selling much and appoint someone like Hughton or Jokanovic and be up there next season 

4 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I don’t come on here for a few days and we’re potentially losing TM and Raya.

I won’t be as happy as some of you!

I need a lie down ?

I can't see either Boro or Swansea coming in for Mowbray. I'm not sure if he'd even go to Swansea.

You would think Boro would appeal to him but Hughton would be the obvious appointment for them if he wants to get straight back into work.

22 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

When Ewood was being rebuilt we played Leeds with both home and away fans in Darwen End. When game ended Rovers fans were asked to stay behind while Leeds fans left. Bad decision. As Leeds fans squeezed past us they spat in our faces.

Can't stand the club, and enjoyed seeing them silenced by the Rams. 

Me and my two mates were attacked by a group of Leeds fans outside ewood in '99. We won 1-0 Gillespie goal. They started kicking and punching us. We had done nothing to them. The police who were nearby just watched . Leeds fans are vile scumbags

23 hours ago, roverandout said:

Me and my two mates were attacked by a group of Leeds fans outside ewood in '99. We won 1-0 Gillespie goal. They started kicking and punching us. We had done nothing to them. The police who were nearby just watched . Leeds fans are vile scumbags

What were your injuries? Where there independent witnesses? Did you report it to the Police and what happened to the offenders at court otherwise it sounds BS?

Sorry pal! I think I just had a blueboy moment!

?

• Like 1

Just now, old darwen blue said:

What were your injuries? Where there independent witnesses? Did you report it to the Police and what happened to the offenders at court otherwise it sounds BS?

?

Yes we went to two police officers on horses but they are as useful as a chocolate teapot. We were bloodied. They just walked off as though nothing had happened. I'm not a liar and I have no reason to make this up

?

I realise you aren't the brightest but he clearly states that the police saw it and did nothing. What he didn't tell you is someone rang him rang him later using a voice distorter and threatened to kill him and his cat.

• Like 2

Just now, roverandout said:

Yes we went to two police officers on horses but they are as useful as a chocolate teapot. We were bloodied. They just walked off as though nothing had happened. I'm not a liar and I have no reason to make this up

He was trying to be amusing and have a dig at me in the same post. He failed, naturally. If it's any consolation my mate once banjo'd a Leeds fan who got a bit mouthy on Bolton Road. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

He was trying to be amusing and have a dig at me in the same post. He failed, naturally. If it's any consolation my mate once banjo'd a Leeds fan who got a bit mouthy on Bolton Road. 

Oh I don't know about failing, you bit.

? 

12 hours ago, roverandout said:

Yes we went to two police officers on horses but they are as useful as a chocolate teapot. We were bloodied. They just walked off as though nothing had happened. I'm not a liar and I have no reason to make this up

Were they on horses or were they on foot? I’m afraid it would have been a not guilty verdict in court based on your inconsistent and unreliable evidence.

I’m surprised olddarwenblue didn’t call you out on that one.

I am only teasing by the way. 

• Like 1

I don’t doubt the lad pal I was trying to make a point to bluebell regarding his conduct in another thread. 

I know mate I saw that thread afterwards and realised. With this one I just found it amusing that they were "police officers on horses" then "just walked off as though nothing had happened" and I thought of a few defence solicitors who would have latched onto that in a nanosecond.

• Like 1

I know the thread is titled for last season, but this still seems the most apt place currently available to post it (I think, can't be bothered to check).

Rule changes for next season:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/rule-changes-next-season-set-16299910.amp