Cherry Blue

Championship 2018-19

Just now, J*B said:

Can we sign Waghorn?

I’d pass was howling for Rangers. No touch what so ever saying that I said the same about Graham and look at him since he’s been here!

Terrible decision from Lampard not to start Marriott, he changed the game when he came on at Leeds and he has done the same again today.

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Terrible decision from Lampard not to start Marriott, he changed the game when he came on at Leeds and he has done the same again today.

Just about to post something similar. Not sure why he didn't get the nod

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Ya, bizarre. The lad he started, Mason Bennett, had scored like one goal in 20 games this season.

It was interesting on the Sky sports website, the build up on the Derby section included Lampard being asked if he was going to get the Chelsea job. 

Unfortunately for Derby they waited until they were two down before they started playing. Villa get their reward for sticking two fingers up at FFP regulations. 

Just now, DE. said:

Unfortunately for Derby they waited until they were two down before they started playing. Villa get their reward for sticking two fingers up at FFP regulations. 

Ya, horrible stuff. A horrible diving and snitching team with a really dislikeable management team to boot. 

Just now, DE. said:

And Derby will likely suffer for it. The game (at this level) is a game of bottle and nerve, but more teams spend a bucket-load and fail than not.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, horrible stuff. A horrible diving and snitching team with a really dislikeable management team to boot. 

I assume you're talking solely about Grealish. If the system allows you to be a so-called cheat, then playing it to the max isn't the worst thing to do. I always loved players like Sav, Bellers, etc. They're great to have on your team, and you love 'em for it - because they want to win, no matter the cost - and when they're not on your team... Well, just take a look at some of the posts here. Grealish will go on. The rest will weep.

Villa doing exactly what they did against us in the game at Villa Park. Coasting at 2-0 and sit back to play on the counter, concede and then all the time wasting and gamesmanship. I really thought if they kept attacking they could have won by four. Smith reminds me of Mowbray at times.

Just now, OnePhilT said:

I assume you're talking solely about Grealish. If the system allows you to be a so-called cheat, then playing it to the max isn't the worst thing to do. I always loved players like Sav, Bellers, etc. They're great to have on your team, and you love 'em for it - because they want to win, no matter the cost - and when they're not on you're team... Well, just take a look at some of the posts here. Grealish will go on. The rest will weep.

No, I'm talking about Grealish, McGinn, Hourihane, Taylor to name but 4 on the field and then you have Smith and Terry snarling and calling for everything off it. Grealish in particular though cos he makes out he is hard, but then falls over when a defender farts near him and starts crying to the ref. 

Just now, Husky said:

All credit to Steve Bruce for laying the foundations

I’d forgotten about him. 

He was their manager for the game at Ewood this season...

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

No, I'm talking about Grealish, McGinn, Hourihane, Taylor to name but 4 on the field and then you have Smith and Terry snarling and calling for everything off it. Grealish in particular though cos he makes out he is hard, but then falls over when a defender farts near him and starts crying to the ref. 

I’ll be honest, I’m not disagreeing with you, but I think you’ve described a number of teams and players there....

I wouldn’t say Villa were any worse than anyone else in that respect tbh. 

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

And whose fault is that?

How have Murphy, Andrews (currently on air talking shite), Sutton and Savage all got media gigs?

Any new grounds next season? Think we played at Kenilworth Road during Samba's debut, but imagine it'll be a new hunting ground for many. Don't forget, we've got the 92 Club Tracker back from the dead (I accidentally killed it, but promise to give it a lick of paint at some point in return!).

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

How have Murphy, Andrews (currently on air talking shite), Sutton and Savage all got media gigs?

Sutton because he is one of the best pundits in the country, Murphy because he played for Liverpool, Savage because he plays the clown and Keith Andrews god only knows.

Some pundits come from nowhere to never being off media - Sutton being one.

Another one I’ve noticed is that Michael Brown (was at City and Tottenham when they were shit).

Edited by Mattyblue

50 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

I assume you're talking solely about Grealish. If the system allows you to be a so-called cheat, then playing it to the max isn't the worst thing to do. I always loved players like Sav, Bellers, etc. They're great to have on your team, and you love 'em for it - because they want to win, no matter the cost - and when they're not on your team... Well, just take a look at some of the posts here. Grealish will go on. The rest will weep.

I honestly think Grealish will be found out at premier league level he hasnt done much against any of the big/better teams in the league he has turned it on against Birmingham and thats got him this reputation he is a big game player. If he scores more than 5 goals that arent penalties next season I will show my ass on the townhall steps

Just now, Peteb2014 said:

I honestly think Grealish will be found out at premier league level he hasnt done much against any of the big/better teams in the league he has turned it on against Birmingham and thats got him this reputation he is a big game player. If he scores more than 5 goals that arent penalties next season I will show my ass on the townhall steps

The Championship is a poor league. If he's the saviour of football that he's proclaimed to be he'd do more with the bags of time he has on the ball.

He'll disappear in the Prem. 

Derby's defensive weaknesses exposed.

One less "big club" to worry about with Villa promoted. They have some players who are Premier League quality from which to build around.