Cherry Blue

Championship 2018-19

38 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Chris Sutton is a cracking pundit

I agree. He doesn't creep and try to be PC. He tells it as it is, just like an ordinary fan would.

52 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Chris Sutton is a cracking pundit

Fully agree! Best on BT. He’s no agenda calls it as he sees and if he’s wrong he’ll say his bit listen and create the debate. If he was on a 606 with Savage type it’d be a show! 

I like him on the Old Firm days he’s bang on usually. 

That said if Owen had a voice what could discover pitch he’d be handy his analysis is spot on and A mention to Jenas who’s been the best all year for me. 

Forget ethnicity manager types and representation but looking at commentators both Jenas, Dublin and then even Crooks represent amazingly well. 

Love to see Andy Cole on there too belittling Ince 👌

Leeds as a club are just classless top to bottom, bit odd trying to ‘banter’ Derby on their official twitter when they blew promotion 

What a crap match. No wonder the discussion is about Pundits.

Lampard got his team selection wrong and looked like a man with a bad toothache all afternoon.

Derby gifted Villa both goals but quite how a 5' 6'' player who doesn't actually jump scores with a header in a challenge with a 6' 4'' keeper I've yet to work out.

I didn't really care who clinched it, Leeds had already imploded in the Semis and it doesn't get much better than that.

Waggott shed a few tears, allegedly

Edited by AllRoverAsia

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

What a crap match. No wonder the discussion is about Pundits.

Lampard got his team selection wrong and looked like a man with a bad toothache all afternoon.

Derby gifted Villa both goals but quite how a 5' 6'' player who doesn't actually jump scores with a header in a challenge with a 6' 4'' keeper I've yet to work out.

I didn't really care who clinched it, Leeds had already imploded in the Semis and it doesn't get much better than that.

Waggott shed a few tears, allegedly

I thought the Derby keeper at fault for the first also. Another modern goalkeeper rooted to the goal line as an opponent heads in from the edge of the six yard line.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought the Derby keeper at fault for the first also. Another modern goalkeeper rooted to the goal line as an opponent heads in from the edge of the six yard line.

Yes, he was. He almost gifted another goal to Grealish with an awful grass-cutter clearance.

44 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't get this either. What are goalkeepers taught in these multi-million pound academies? Every single one of them wants to play football but none of them want to jump through a crowd of players and catch a ball.

With their arms extended a goalkeeper should get a glove (palm, punch or catch) to ball every single time. If he has to go through a crowd then so what? You are quick enough off your line if there's a chance to cruyff turn an attacker so get off your line to do your bloody job and catch the ball.

Edited by Dreams of 1995

See Ross McCormock has got a pay rise from £40,000 to £70,000 per week due to villa being promoted. He hasn't played for them for 2 years. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

See Ross McCormock has got a pay rise from £40,000 to £70,000 per week due to villa being promoted. He hasn't played for them for 2 years. 

I know that's a disgrace, everything wrong with modern football etc. but am I alone in thinking that's hilarious?

Villa supporting mate thought he was rather hard done to under the previous management. Can see him going to a championship club for a heavily subsidised loan next season, think we could do worse personally. 

Edited by Admiral Nelsen

Briefly went to Central Coast Mariners, who are easily the worst team in Australia on loan and played 5 times. If he couldn't do it there, and was on the bench then he's not fit for Bury, let alone Rovers. CCM are the team that have two giant ketchup bottles behind a goal instead of a stand.

20 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I know that's a disgrace, everything wrong with modern football etc. but am I alone in thinking that's hilarious?

Villa fan supporting mate thought he was rather hard done to under the previous management. Can see him going to a championship club for a heavily subsidised loan next season, think we could do worse personally. 

At this point he would be a gamble. He is 32, hasn't played properly in over 2 years, on £70,000 per week. I could see the knives being pulled out early if he wan't applying himself. 

£70k a week for ROSS MCCORMACK?

It just shows what we are up against really. Even paying somebody 40k a week to not play a single game is outrageous. Couple this with the big money players they already have at the club. Their wage bill must be staggering but their turnover to wage ratio has to look a lot better than ours.

We are a poor club now, like it or lump it, even in this league. I'm starting to really consider my doubts about Brereton costing us £7m because, in todays market, is that even a significant figure when you have lumps like that sat in the stands earning that? Eye watering

Edited by Dreams of 1995

13 hours ago, Tom said:

Leeds as a club are just classless top to bottom, bit odd trying to ‘banter’ Derby on their official twitter when they blew promotion 

I did like the tweet on the official rovers website after we beat them at home

8 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I don't get this either. What are goalkeepers taught in these multi-million pound academies? Every single one of them wants to play football but none of them want to jump through a crowd of players and catch a ball.

With their arms extended a goalkeeper should get a glove (palm, punch or catch) to ball every single time. If he has to go through a crowd then so what? You are quick enough off your line if there's a chance to cruyff turn an attacker so get off your line to do your bloody job and catch the ball.

If you come bustling out and you collide with an attacking player you'll always get the free kick so why stay rooted to your line. These days you see keepers trying to make a save from behind the goal line. Crazy.

On 28/05/2019 at 11:40, Bigdoggsteel said:

Easy money..laughing all the way to the Bank.

£££££££€€€€€€€€$$$$$$$

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11730994/middlesbrough-plan-to-sue-derby-for-side-stepping-efl-financial-rules

This could get interesting. Middlesbrough are planning to sue Derby over the sale of Pride Park to the Derby owner. The article says the sale was approved by the EFL. If that's true surely Middlesbrough would have a stronger case by suing the EFL.

Said it all when Harvey’s only response to the crisis in club governance was ‘well the fans should be grateful to their owners’

Tinpot fixture organiser masquerading as a professional body.

Oh and all the club chief execs and the EFL bigwigs are now in Portugal for their end of season meeting... because well, why not, better than Preston ay!

28 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Oh and all the club chief execs and the EFL bigwigs are now in Portugal for their end of season meeting... because well, why not, better than Preston ay!

Why does a competition organiser for an English football competition have to meet in sunny Portugal? 

Back slaps all around as they spend that fine money.

Never mind Bury or Bolton, record attendances this year and Sky are paying more!