BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

5 minutes ago, philipl said:

Sheffield Wednesday have confirmed they are under a transfer ban and have been since April.

So clubs are being punished 

They have to sell a number of players too apparently, need to raise close to £15 million. 

They made a good attempt at promotion in fairness, I would say that ship has sailed for the time being now anyway. Boom and Bust models end up here. 

The last available financial figures show The Owls lost more than £20m in 2016-17 - an increase of £15m on the previous year.

Thai businessman Chansiri took over the South Yorkshire club in March 2015 and said his aim was to get them be back in the Premier League in two years, to mark their 150th anniversary in 2017.

They reached the play-off final in 2015-16 and the semi-finals in 2016-17, losing to winners Hull City and Huddersfield Town.

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Like most, I really don't like FFP in anything like it's current form, and it's never nice to see football clubs (apart from the odd exception!) suffer through off the field stuff like we have. 

That said, the fact that clubs are still being punished makes our embargo a few years ago seem a little fairer when it seemed like more than half the league was at it. 

Just now, Admiral Nelsen said:

Like most, I really don't like FFP in anything like it's current form, and it's never nice to see football clubs (apart from the odd exception!) suffer through off the field stuff like we have. 

That said, the fact that clubs are still being punished makes our embargo a few years ago seem a little fairer when it seemed like more than half the league was at it. 

At least those teams had good goes at promotion and even spent a season in the Premiership in QPRs case. The money was pretty much squandered here for mid table mediocrity at best. 

Anyway, BDS, stop being negative 

If you're not a fan of the cringeworthy Sky coverage i'd advise not bothering with the Forest v WBA game. Within 30 seconds of putting the tv on they were telling listeners that these are two sides vying for promotion to the Premier League. Don't know how you can say that at this stage, surely all 24 clubs are doing that?

Garbage product from Sky who still think it comes down to how much money you spend as to whether you should be in promotion contention.

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If you're not a fan of the cringeworthy Sky coverage i'd advise not bothering with the Forest v WBA game. Within 30 seconds of putting the tv on they were telling listeners that these are two sides vying for promotion to the Premier League. Don't know how you can say that at this stage, surely all 24 clubs are doing that?

Garbage product from Sky who still think it comes down to how much money you spend as to whether you should be in promotion contention.

Middlesbrough 2 up ...press red button and watch that game.....

• Backroom

Why are there just two games tonight when they all played on Saturday? Seems bizarre 

Going well for our mate Dean Henderson again at least 

Not sure what to make of Forest and West Brom so far.

Like the look of Dias and Carvalho for Forest, think the fans there will be entertained by them. On paper thats not even close to a promotion defence however. Think they will entertain but I imagine Karanka will need a change of tact from his pragmatic style.

West Brom have no cutting edge although to be fair Gayle is on the bench. Livermore isnt even good enough at Championship level. Dont get why Burke doesnt start.

1 hour ago, DE. said:

WBA looking abysmal. They'll regret not getting in a proper manager. 

And how do people become proper managers? Someone gives them a chance

We all bemoan the same old recycled shite doing the rounds down the years

• Like 1

• Backroom
29 minutes ago, Rover_Shaun said:

And how do people become proper managers? Someone gives them a chance

We all bemoan the same old recycled shite doing the rounds down the years

Giving inexperienced managers a chance is fine in certain situations, but not when you're trying to get up to the PL at the first attempt. There are a lot of issues to deal with at a recently relegated club and it's pretty foolish to leave it all in the hands of a novice. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Surely Moore deserve more than 2 games in the championship before people want him sack. Crazy world.

You have to give him time and allow the squad to adjust to the league. 

Far too many are too quick to judge him these days. 

Obviously hes not going to get sacked. People are well within their rights to judge everything on its own merits. A loss to Bolton and the performance and lack of game plan tonight deserve criticism, albeit is obviously far too early to sack him.

Some people were of the opinion that a more experienced manager was needed for such a task, and signs like that will only strengthen that. But only 2 games in. 

• Backroom

Yeah, for the record I called retaining Moore a mistake months ago when they first announced it. Not saying he'll definitely be a failure but early signs aren't good. Losing to Bolton at home was atrocious, first game or not, and tonight they looked lethargic and unorganised for most of the game. If Forest's attackers weren't so panicked in front of goal it would have been over by half time. 

Still time for Moore to turn it around obviously, but I think they're going to struggle. 

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Obviously hes not going to get sacked. People are well within their rights to judge everything on its own merits. A loss to Bolton and the performance and lack of game plan tonight deserve criticism, albeit is obviously far too early to sack him.

Some people were of the opinion that a more experienced manager was needed for such a task, and signs like that will only strengthen that. But only 2 games in. 

Fans or people expecting managers to be sack after 2 games is pathetic and I used to laugh at Italian football when they were sacking managers after few games but sadly some people over here have the same attitude. 

I still remember some people either on here or on social media after sacking Mowbray after the 1st 10 games. Just look how you were proved wrong. 

5 minutes ago, DE. said:

Yeah, for the record I called retaining Moore a mistake months ago when they first announced it. Not saying he'll definitely be a failure but early signs aren't good. Losing to Bolton at home was atrocious, first game or not, and tonight they looked lethargic and unorganised for most of the game. If Forest's attackers weren't so panicked in front of goal it would have been over by half time. 

Still time for Moore to turn it around obviously, but I think they're going to struggle. 

Plenty of time to turn it around and he deserved plenty of time aswell