BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

Just now, DE. said:

Just noticed we're the only club in the top eleven with a negative goal difference. We're realistically going to need to sort out our defending if we want to stay in the top half.

I think we have problems at both ends.I agree about the defending, but we really aren't scoring the goals, when we are on top...

• Like 2

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I think we have problems at both ends.I agree about the defending, but we really aren't scoring the goals, when we are on top...

True, but if we could defend competently we might get away with only needing to score one. As it stands it feels like we need to score three or four to win matches, which will never work out long term.

• Like 1

Poor defending has always been a feature of Mowbray's teams. We got away it last season but are being punished this. He doesn't seem to know how to correct it.

West Brom on a downer at the moment.  We all know the script on Saturday

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Poor defending has always been a feature of Mowbray's teams. We got away it last season but are being punished this. He doesn't seem to know how to correct it.

Jim you’ll know better than me but Mboro used to be decent under TM; shoestring signings people like George Friend, Daniel Ayala etc brought in as top defensive players but they used to drop of mid season as a team.

In your opinion are we not recruiting well enough at the back? Are TMs tactics coming short? Or something else?

Crunch time for Ipswich on Saturday at Millwall. No point making a change now with that huge game imminent. If they get beat in that one then he should be on very thin ice. After that they've PNE at home and Reading away so they really need to be getting 6 points+ from the next 3. After these 3 they've WBA and Bristol at home and Forest away. Tricky ones.

14 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Has it? I don't remember ever hearing it was more of an issue than most managers experience. The year he won the Championship West broms goal difference was +33 , conceding only 55 and scoring 88. What are you basing your point on? 

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Has it? I don't remember ever hearing it was more of an issue than most managers experience. The year he won the Championship West broms goal difference was +33 , conceding only 55 and scoring 88. What are you basing your point on? 

Years when he didn't win the Championship?

22 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Conceding 55 goals in 46 games isn't exactly brilliant....

Depends on the season, sometimes teams in the play offs have conceded that many, sometimes the teams in relegation have.

Obviously the fact they scored 88 helped a lot. Even Wolves didn't score than many last year (82) 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel