BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Wouldn't bet against him ending up back at Shrewsbury 

Wouldn't that be hilarious. For all the vitriol their fans spewed at him for leaving, I bet he'd be welcomed back with open arms.

• Backroom
20 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ipswich was a bad move all round. 

I wonder is Big Mick sitting somewhere smugly having a little grin to himself. 

Can't blame him if he is. Personally I hope Hurst is there for a little longer, as the supporters deserve to reap what they've sown for a little while longer. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, DE. said:

Can't blame him if he is. Personally I hope Hurst is there for a little longer, as the supporters deserve to reap what they've sown for a little while longer. 

I wonder who is going to replace him. I think it could be Warburton or Heckingbottom. Cant see it being Grayson tbh

The last time Ipswich were in this sort of position they got themselves out of it by appointing the ideal manager in McCarthy. This time, assuming he won't go back there, their options are limited, as there aren't many managers out there who would work to their budget who would be able to turn that squad around quickly and drag them out of trouble.

Perhaps Bruce could do it but I'd be surprised if they could afford him and if he'd take the job given he usually ends up where there's a bit of money to spend.

Then they're on to gambles like Warburton, Grayson, Heckingbottom.

They could do worse than Bowyer but can't see that one happening. If they've one eye on what happens if they go down then Grayson would be ideal for them.

Look like Lambert set for Ipswich job

BREAKING: Paul Hurst sacked by Ipswich with ex-Norwich boss Paul Lambert in line to replace him https://t.co/5xh8mAcrj0 https://t.co/elzXma2iiQ

Surprise by that but good luck to him. He will need funds in January. Will he get it? Big question

Edited by chaddyrovers

Hurst sacked. Official Ipswich twitter account

Ipswich Town Football Club have today parted company with manager Paul Hurst. 

We thank Paul for his efforts throughout his time at the Club and wish him well for the future. #itfc

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2018/october/paul-hurst/

Edited by chaddyrovers

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look like Lambert set for Ipswich job

BREAKING: Paul Hurst sacked by Ipswich with ex-Norwich boss Paul Lambert in line to replace him https://t.co/5xh8mAcrj0 https://t.co/elzXma2iiQ

Surprise by that but good luck to him. He will need funds in January. Will he get it? Big question

That would be a horrendous appointment. "Boring" football without the results that McCarthy guaranteed. And an ex-Norwich man to boot. That would be one relegation spot sewn up.

Why good luck to him?

How does that fraud Lambert keep getting gigs? He just seems to sail merrily from job to job and the poor performance of his teams always seems to be attributed to someone else. If the Ipswich fans didnt like the style of play under McCarthy, they're going  to be sadly disappointed now. Also expect there to be some sort of escape clause in Lambert's contract allowing him to walk out and make himself available should the Real Madrid position become vacant. Lol.

On Hurst, I don't support Ipswich but looking in from the outside it seems to me that they should have treated his appointment as a long term project. McCarthy had been there that long it was bound to take time for Hurst to fully implement his ideas and style of play. Especially with little or no investment in the team. I'd have thought he would have needed two to three transfer windows ideally.  Man Ure are still struggling relatively speaking several managers down the line from Ferguson and they have all the money in the world to spend on the best players.

• Backroom

The problems with Hurst ran much deeper than what was happening on match day. There's no doubt that he had to go. It's been a long time since I've seen a manager that far out of his depth. 

You can guarantee the same fans who hounded McCarthy out will now be lauding Lambert's appointment though. 

18 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

On Hurst, I don't support Ipswich but looking in from the outside it seems to me that they should have treated his appointment as a long term project.

I would agree but I think he has upset alot of players alreadyand lost the dressing room from bits I've heard. Think he was doomed from the off. The next guy in needs time 

Edited by Oldgregg86

5 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I would agree but I think he has upset alot of players alreadyand lost the dressing room from bits I've heard. Think he was doomed from the off. The next guy in needs time 

Fair enough, wasn't aware of that. Always a bit wary of players dictating a manager's departure though.

Will Lambert stick around more than 6 months though.  Although initially disaopointed at his leaving I think we dodged a bullet there.  To me Venkies were right to hold back the money he could have wasted tons of it.  Or he could have been a huge success.  Gigs since seem to support the failure notion though.

52 minutes ago, DE. said:

The problems with Hurst ran much deeper than what was happening on match day. There's no doubt that he had to go. It's been a long time since I've seen a manager that far out of his depth. 

You can guarantee the same fans who hounded McCarthy out will now be lauding Lambert's appointment though. 

It seems lots of problems behind the scenes, players unrest and dressing room upset. The way he spoke to players at the training ground and he treated the players badly. Dropped the best 2 players. Do you any more of the problems behind the scenes? 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

That would be a horrendous appointment. "Boring" football without the results that McCarthy guaranteed. And an ex-Norwich man to boot. That would be one relegation spot sewn up.

Why good luck to him?

Disagree. Probably the best appointment there. He knows the league. 

Cos I like Lambert alot. Very clever man and knowledge. 

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It seems lots of problems behind the scenes, players unrest and dressing room upset. The way he spoke to players at the training ground and he treated the players badly. Dropped the best 2 players. Do you any more of the problems behind the scenes? 

Disagree. Probably the best appointment there. He knows the league. 

Cos I like Lambert alot. Very clever man and knowledge. 

"The jury has been out" on Lambert for so long I think most of them will have expired due to natural causes by now. 

Very poor record since leaving Norwich in 2012.

• Like 1