BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

Lambert confirmed as Ipswich Town manager. Contract until Summer 2021. 

Coaching staff that are joining him are Stuart Taylor(worked under at Stoke as number 2), Matt Gill first team coach and Fitness Coach Jim Henry(very experience under O'Neill and Lambert at different clubs) 

• Backroom

From the Ipswich Star's story on Lambert being brought in...

image.png.7dcf7d492f234baf6b6d3aca08ebc938.png

Interesting that he apparently went to Ewood and held up a Rovers scarf. Guess he really misses us?

Also from that article...

Town owner Marcus Evans said: “In his time at Aston Villa he showed he could work with and develop young players and his teams have always looked to play exciting football. Those attributes fit our ethos here."

Does he think the fans are idiots? The last Lambert team to play exciting football was Norwich, 6 years ago. He's not going to start trying again at Ipswich of all teams.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

‘Boro still getting battered, that chance mentioned above, aside. 

Only thing with Derby, I think they look suspect defensively and you can get at them. ‘Boro have plenty of players that can finish...

Wrong decision by asst ref in Leeds v Forest game after Roofe equalises for Leeds with his arm. Roofe was interviewed straight after game but couldn't make out if he was admitting cheating or not due to poor quality of sky tv. No not a red button showing just sky tv being crap.

Game finished 1 1.

Edited by Cherry Blue

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya I'm happy Leeds equalised. We have a tough run out of the way and are still massively within striking distance of the top. I'm starting to believe that the play offs are a real possibility. 

Yeah happy with the fact points shared but from a football point the decision is pathetic.

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya I'm happy Leeds equalised. We have a tough run out of the way and are still massively within striking distance of the top. I'm starting to believe that the play offs are a real possibility. This team has a lot of fight in them.

I'm going the other way tbh, fight is no good without the end product but I'm bowled over by the fact that we didn't concede in the final minutes!

Great effort and result under the circumstances.

Leeds still cheats all these years after Revie and Bremner.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Credit from me to the Forest players not shaking the linos hand and for giving the moron a verbal bashing.

I think it is the most blatant deliberate handball goal I've ever seen, apart from the dwarf dego.

24 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Wrong decision by asst ref in Leeds v Forest game after Roofe equalises for Leeds with his arm. Roofe was interviewed straight after game but couldn't make out if he was admitting cheating or not due to poor quality of sky tv. No not a red button showing just sky tv being crap.

Game finished 1 1.

Roofe said the ball hit his hand. Not much else he could say.. I suppose.

The Sky interviewer was sickeningly gushing in his praise of all things Sky Leeds so much so I almost believed they played well.

Both teams were shite.

• Backroom

We aren't getting into the playoffs without significant reinforcements in January. Despite £7m being due to come out on a striker we still don't have proper back up for Danny Graham, as shown by Dack being put up front in the last couple of games. Injuries to either of our centre backs or the goalkeeper massively weaken us as well. 

If we're still competing for a top six place by Jan 1 and Venky's allow Mowbray to bring in a few more bodies then anything can happen, assuming we also keep hold of Dack. As it stands I think our current position is about right, give or take a couple of places in either direction.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Leeds still cheats all these years after Revie and Bremner.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Credit from me to the Forest players not shaking the linos hand and for giving the moron a verbal bashing.

I think it is the most blatant deliberate handball goal I've ever seen, apart from the dwarf dego.

It’s staggering that it wasn’t ruled out. He knew what he was doing, it definitely wasn’t an accident. 

Saying that, I remember MGP punching one in for Rovers against Newcastle a few years back.

• Like 1