BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Scottish Football

Just like England have had a lot of African born players over the years to Hodd but we are not meant to talk about that also we beat Ireland and NI before they went there two of wirst teams ive saw Ireland were dirtyist team and all NI did was park bus and defend zzzzzz

Even you and the Welsh at least opened up a bit and tried to play a expansive game was impressed with Wiltshire at Hampden that boy should be on the plane

Can I just ask, why has this fella suddenly turned up and proceeded to spend a lot of his time and energy banging on and on about topics - Scottish players and Scottish football generally, that most non-Scots couldn’t give two hoots about?

I’m all for new blood on the board, but comparing populations of Croatia and Scotland and their head to head records, bigging up third rate players no bugger has ever heard of outside the central belt etc etc is just quite bizarre...

• Like 1

Just now, Dryhorse said:

I never mentioned Croatia or Belguim or any of these teams you guys did

All I am saying is we never lost to them or Iceland not saying who did either but you know

I never even started this thread either you guys did

???

incorrect, you started this thread...in the wrong thread.

• Like 1

I never started this thread nope 

Started one about Dylan McGeouch ages ago and that was that which is still up

Only ones distracting things are you guys about a world cup that we ate not in

Cos you wont concede any points apart from a few folk who seem to be older guys

Some guy to that lived in Glasgow 25 years and never met a Brit steange thst he has painted us all anti English bawbags

Just admit we are not the worst league in the world

And if we were what does that say about your wonderful leagues?

56 minutes ago, Dryhorse said:

I never started this thread nope 

Started one about Dylan McGeouch ages ago and that was that which is still up

Only ones distracting things are you guys about a world cup that we ate not in

Cos you wont concede any points apart from a few folk who seem to be older guys

Some guy to that lived in Glasgow 25 years and never met a Brit steange thst he has painted us all anti English bawbags

Just admit we are not the worst league in the world

And if we were what does that say about your wonderful leagues?

Dry your eyes little boy. No stranger than a jock coming onto a Blackburn Rovers message board simply because Kenny Dalglish once knew his uncle at school, then proceeding to get all uppity every time anyone is mildly critical of Scottish football. I take it you are a teenager, because you argue like one. 

Edited by oldjamfan1

6 hours ago, Dryhorse said:

So why have we had two teams in magor European finals in the last 12 years?

Name any other nation our size or smaller who has?

Come on you cant just say we are the eorst when nations our size ir bigger have failed to labd any teams that far

Your just pist off the Spanish continue to school your teams there men against boys even when your teans usually spent more cash

Pretty sure a few fell to that Romanian team Celtic pumped twice ????

Are u a troll? Its not about population. Its about league standard..the dutch league which is of a similar ilk had 4 times at least as many finalists/winners as scotland..similar size country too. As with portugal as well..celtic never get out of the group stage in cl..as for the el, theyre out in the first round..the other mickey mouse teams dont get through the pleminary rounds..celtic big club..me arse!

Population of Holland 2017

17.2 million

Population of Scotland 5.5 million

Aye similar nation indead you guys really must have mist a lot of schooling

Portugal is bigger populated to somebody thinks I.button up the back

Naw not trolling trolls dont make valid points they only troll

Trust me I am getting no enjoyment or satisfaction out of this

Just face palming every ten mins

Just now, Dryhorse said:

Population of Holland 2017

17.2 million

Population of Scotland 5.5 million

Aye similar nation indead you guys really must have mist a lot of schooling

Portugal is bigger populated to somebody thinks I.button up the back

Naw not trolling trolls dont make valid points they only troll

Trust me I am getting no enjoyment or satisfaction out of this

Just face palming every ten mins

I think we have already established that when it comes to club football the population of the country is simply not relevant. Particularly when we are talking about Celtic and Rangers. 

But you carry on with your inane ramblings.

Greece and Denmark won the Euroes but Scotland been to more major finals there same population as us

And prove no and then wee teams can win things for there countries

But the question was not about the nation team it was about domestic club football and our teams reaching finals in last 12 years

And about not being worce in the world so nobody git any answers about any small sized nations getting there naw?

I thought not

Just now, Dryhorse said:

Greece and Denmark won the Euroes but Scotland been to more major finals there same population as us

And prove no and then wee teams can win things for there countries

But the question was not about the nation team it was about domestic club football and our teams reaching finals in last 12 years

And about not being worce in the world so nobody git any answers about any small sized nations getting there naw?

I thought not

Are you claiming Celtic as a Scottish club?

Not sure why I’m bothering, but might as well.

Why have Scotland been so poor for 20 years, no qualifications, when -

Croatia (4 million) repeatedly qualify 

Ditto Denmark (5.5)

Other smaller nations than Scotland like Slovenia, Bosnia, Slovakia, Albania, Northern Ireland, Wales, Republic of Ireland and Iceland all have?

Genuine question to what’s gone wrong in Scotland?

• Like 1

By the way neither celtic or rangers are anywhere near biggest clubs in the world..they pale into insignificance compared to barce, real, bayern, juve, milan, inter, man u, liverpool.. i would put celtic in the same bracket as feyernord..porto..monaco..psv.. and rangers in the same bracket as spurs..lyon..galatasaray etc

Three governing bodies need stream lined like Germans did in 99 to one board for all levels

If we are looking for teams to progress in Europe past the premlimes we need to go to summer football or go out to teams half way through there seasons

And we need to promoted the game more not enough people playing parks are empty

We could use a bigger league to but the AF have most the money and change dont suite them

Why you dragging up Rangers and Celtic I never mentioned there size

I dont need to just read what every one of your England internatonals say about us Butch prob said it best RIP wee fella

25 minutes ago, Dryhorse said:

China bound to win it one day to same with rhe yanks and Indians

I think my points have been ilistrated oh back to England now

Your all over the place one minuite ww are the worst nation in the world next we are not

Make your minds up 

? You are 

I've been off the site for a few days so missed all this fun.

Interesting Dryhorse specifically picked final appearances rather than winning.. It's fair to say Scotland do peform ok in relation to their population. However Portugal is only twice their size and yet have been in 7 major finals in that time, winning 3 of them.  Therefore Scotland are severely underperforming on final appearances against population compared to them.

Heres an interesting fact I came across the other day (which I have to admit did surprise me a little). Rangers or Celtic have never won a game in the champions league knockout stages. Even Israel have managed that!

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1