BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Green cards introduced to football

No this isn't a wind up. In the CONIFA world cup a green card is somewhere between a red and yellow card produced for dissent towards the ref.  

The rules state a player receiving a green card must leave the field immediately but can be replaced by another player if they haven't used all of their substitutions. A player receiving a green card does not miss the next match

And it's a no from me

Not a new idea but the application here sounds terrible. “Dissent isn’t that bad” - is that the message they are sending out to kids across the world.

There could be a place for a third card but I’d suggest it needs to be for some of the more innocuous issues like over-celebrating or something that warrants a sin bin for 15 minutes.

There is a huge range of offences for which a yellow card is applied with the totting up process players can miss games for trivial stuff such as kicking the ball away or a professional foul (which isn’t dangerous). Something which should be punished in-match rather than another team benefiting in future while a team still go on to win a game on the back of ‘gamesmanship’.

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

Not a new idea but the application here sounds terminals. “Dissent isn’t that bad” - is that the message they are sending out to kids across the world.

Their primary concern is clearly to not "spoil" games. VAR is crap. This will be less crap, but still crap. The game's not going nuts, but the people who run it are.

11 hours ago, Stuart said:

Not a new idea but the application here sounds terrible. “Dissent isn’t that bad” - is that the message they are sending out to kids across the world.

There could be a place for a third card but I’d suggest it needs to be for some of the more innocuous issues like over-celebrating or something that warrants a sin bin for 15 minutes.

There is a huge range of offences for which a yellow card is applied with the totting up process players can miss games for trivial stuff such as kicking the ball away or a professional foul (which isn’t dangerous). Something which should be punished in-match rather than another team benefiting in future while a team still go on to win a game on the back of ‘gamesmanship’.

I think thats pretty much what it's for you just summed it up better than me .

One thing that seems wrong , assuming I've understood it correctly as I have form for getting it wrong, is when a player gets a green card they have to leave the field but can be replaced by a substitute if they have subs left. So if for example dack gets a green card and we have used all our subs we are down to ten, then say Powell gets a green and Wigan have a sub left how is that fair

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I think thats pretty much what it's for you just summed it up better than me .

One thing that seems wrong , assuming I've understood it correctly as I have form for getting it wrong, is when a player gets a green card they have to leave the field but can be replaced by a substitute if they have subs left. So if for example dack gets a green card and we have used all our subs we are down to ten, then say Powell gets a green and Wigan have a sub left how is that fair

Doesn’t sound fair but I guess it’s down to players not to give the referee an excuse. Don’t kick the ball away for instance. I actually liked the rule where a free kick could be moved forward 10 yards.

16 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Their primary concern is clearly to not "spoil" games. VAR is crap. This will be less crap, but still crap. The game's not going nuts, but the people who run it are.

another opportunity for a $ponsor 

"and  (insert player name) receives the green card brought to you by American express, the only card you look forward to receiving"

Archived