BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Supporters Consultation Meeting - Thursday 21st June

It's that time again - i've just had an e-mail come through inviting BRFCS to the Supporters Consultation Meeting on Thursday 21st June.

We get 5 invites - two have to be continuous attendees so will be taken by BRFCS admin/mods. If you want to come as part of the other three please send me a PM.

If you have anything you want suggesting to the agenda please post below. 

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What is the Raos long term strategy for the club? Not Mowbrays, not Waggotts, theirs. 

Do they, off the record at least, acknowledge the mistakes they have made? 

What, if anything, is being done to tap into the Indian market?

The owners are lovely people and are committed to the club long term Waffle Waffle Waffle

The owners are learning Waffle Waffle Waffle

The owners are still looking at the Indian market, more waffle

• Like 2

Mr Cheston, getting back to your unanswered question about one of the most costly decisions in the last 30 years...please could you talk us through the process for the club recruiting Owen Coyle, while you were on holiday?

Who made the decision?

Who really employs that person?

And finally, Mr Cheston,....... did you think we had forgotten??

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Mr Cheston, getting back to your unanswered question about one of the most costly decisions in the last 30 years...please could you talk us through the process for the club recruiting Owen Coyle, while you were on holiday?

Who made the decision?

Who really employs that person?

And finally, Mr Cheston,....... did you think we had forgotten??

Will Cheston be in attendance?After the grilling he got in the last couple I'd say he will be leaving this one to Waggot and Mowbray

• Like 1

Box ticking exercise.

Always reminds me of what John Williams used to say about fan representation in boardrooms -

Let them be part of the superficial stuff but the real decisions would be made in their absence.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

When are they planning to increase the budget for stadium maintenance? The roof on the Blackburn End is leaking, close to where I sit. Looking it around the stadium, it needs a good clean too. I also would imagine there’s other issues.

Edited by scotchrover
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Box ticking exercise.

Always reminds me of what John Williams used to say about fan representation in boardrooms -

Let them be part of the superficial stuff but the real decisions would be made in their absence.

Not quite the same as consultation though. You are meant to canvas and understand the fans’ perspective and wishes before making a decision. Not decide, enact and then consult. Waste of everyone’s time.

They should have consulted fans about the DE closure, and family stand move before that. Of course, it’s their premises and they don’t have to. But they should.

All of these things contribute to the loss of those 10k as fans feel disassociated from the hierarchy who they feel don’t have their best interests at heart.

The club obviously doesn’t want to do it, so they chuck in the manager as a distraction. The Football League aren’t going to enforce a proper terms of reference, they just want to know it’s been done so they can add it to their spreadsheet.

All a waste of time and I don’t see what added benefit it has from the bi-monthly fans forum.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/06/2018 at 21:16, scotchrover said:

When are they planning to increase the budget for stadium maintenance? The roof on the Blackburn End is leaking, close to where I sit. Looking it around the stadium, it needs a good clean too. I also would imagine there’s other issues.

This one hundred percent the ground looks filthy and I noticed on Twitter fifa with Gabriel Jesus used Ewood for a stage and backdrop. Surely a clean stadium makes us more appealing to future revenue streams of a similar ilk?

• Like 1

I can't help but think these meetings are ending up on a trajectory that they weren't designed for. Many of the things here are the sort of things I would expect to see on a Fans Forum agenda. Programmes, sponsors, kits, tickets, seating arrangements, kiosks, BAME/Integration, charity policy - without wanting to sound flippant about these things they are relatively minor issues. The whole point in the Supporter Consultation Meetings being set up by the League was to meet with supporter representatives to 'discuss significant issues relating to the club'. I don't consider the turnstile system or the #OneRovers festival to fall into that category.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scotland1 said:

This one hundred percent the ground looks filthy and I noticed on Twitter fifa with Gabriel Jesus used Ewood for a stage and backdrop. Surely a clean stadium makes us more appealing to future revenue streams of a similar ilk?

Does anyone know someone who’s going? I’d like someone to raise it if possible. 4 people have liked my post too, meaning I can’t be the only one who thinks something needs doing.

Edited by scotchrover

25 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I can't help but think these meetings are ending up on a trajectory that they weren't designed for. Many of the things here are the sort of things I would expect to see on a Fans Forum agenda. Programmes, sponsors, kits, tickets, seating arrangements, kiosks, BAME/Integration, charity policy - without wanting to sound flippant about these things they are relatively minor issues. The whole point in the Supporter Consultation Meetings being set up by the League was to meet with supporter representatives to 'discuss significant issues relating to the club'. I don't consider the turnstile system or the #OneRovers festival to fall into that category.

what issues would you like to discuss with the club?

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Bang on. With a couple of exceptions I don’t see how that agenda differs from the FF.

Perhaps Question 2b is a little more pointed than something the FF would ask , although I’m not certain they  haven’t asked about Pasha et al in the past. Plus, Q3 obviously as Mogga wouldn’t rock up at the Fans Forum usually.

The club (perhaps all clubs) are pulling a fast one here.

Edited by Mattyblue

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

what issues would you like to discuss with the club?

I would like the club to be transparent, within reason, about major issues. Admission/acceptance of what has gone wrong, recognition of why, how things are being approached these days to try and avoid a repeat of the past, what the owners want, when they want it, what Waggott's precise role/powers are, how much power/influence/presence the owners' rep has, what the debt and financial situation is, what investment they expect to make moving forward, what major staffing appointments they intend to consider making.

There's a time and a place to discuss the new kit, new turnstiles, community work, season ticket arrangements. That's what the Fans Forum is there for. 

Consultation Meetings were set up because the Football League were coming under increased pressure from all angles to be seen to be doing something about dodgy owners wrecking clubs whilst ignoring their supporters. These meetings were set up to try and alleviate fans concerns and guarantee a bare minimum level of communication from owners down on major issues.

And I don't think that Mowbray should be at these meetings either. He is an employee, not a director. His presence at these meetings enables attention to be directed away from the owners/executive and towards the football. Again there's a time and place for Mowbray to do his thing and impress us with his passion and sense, these meetings aren't that place.

I'm fairly sure when the rules were introduced (not that i would ever expect the League to enforce their own rules) there was an expectation or requirement that at least one of the owners or a representative of the owner(s) would attend each meeting. The reason there are only 2 a year and there is flexibility on when they are was so that they could be done at a convenient time for these people.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 5