BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Supporters Consultation Meeting - Thursday 21st June

Just now, tomphil said:

Sounds like a first step towards the priming of the minds to the shutting of the Riverside.  May well be it needs a lot of work doing although the numbers in it will hardly be straining it but at the same time the demand or lack of it won't make it a priority nor worthwhile at present if it needs substantial work in the near future.

Mural anyone ?

I was thinking similar. I wonder if the club are aware of impending problems with the Riverside. Although it was denied the other year there were rumours doing the rounds that there were subsistence issues with the river behind, the stand is certainly showing its age. Wonder whether they know it will have to be shut/redeveloped in the not too distant future.

I think a new stand along similar lines to PNEs pavilion could be done at a reasonable expense. Blackburn apparently has a shortage of hotel rooms so incorporate one into the Riverside and it could be a money maker.

24 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I was thinking similar. I wonder if the club are aware of impending problems with the Riverside. Although it was denied the other year there were rumours doing the rounds that there were subsistence issues with the river behind, the stand is certainly showing its age. Wonder whether they know it will have to be shut/redeveloped in the not too distant future.

I think a new stand along similar lines to PNEs pavilion could be done at a reasonable expense. Blackburn apparently has a shortage of hotel rooms so incorporate one into the Riverside and it could be a money maker.

It's been full a few times since so there can't be anything major impending although it was wacked up pretty quickly and probably cheaply as possible understandably at the time. Building regs and requirements might have been a bit less stringent then,  maybe  something could have flashed up as a possible future problem. Usual thing with that though would be like back in the day were capacity was just cut permanently, doubt the thing would shut completely unless someone made that call.  Waggot seems a guy who's up for making tough decisions and that's not a bad thing it's about time there was a bit of an independent iron fist down there although it has to be for the right reasons not just stealth cost cutting.

The PNE type version would be spot on with a hotel or some other form of commercial income gatherer built in and no way do we really need the capacity as it is never mind bigger. If home demand is there in future just cut down on the flipping away allocations !

Edited by tomphil

3 hours ago, Madon said:

Season tickets.. already in excess of last season's sales with 6/7 weeks to go before start of season and transfer activity to go.  

16% are NEW customers (not returning)

Early bird deadline won't be extended.  

New season tickets sent out last week of July or first week in August due to the new turnstile system. New cards will last for 3 years at least. 

was any figure or percentage put to these increase numbers?

good to know that we will have new fans next season. 

2 hours ago, Madon said:

Chapman wants to come back to Rovers. Mowbray says he still feels he's more of an impact off the bench player at present. Didn't give anything else away.

great. I think he will be our 1st signing

2 hours ago, Madon said:

David Dunn has left the club.

Mowbray wanted him to sta,y asked him to go away and think about it but no luck.

great guy and will be missed by the under 23's

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Reading between the lines on what was said about players, Armstrong wouldn’t be seen as value for money and won’t happen unless he took much lower wages than he’s on and even then it would cost a good amount up front.

Chapman may well happen but it sounds like it’s down to Harry, he won’t be starting so he’d have to be happy with a place on the bench and fighting to improve. 

An interesting point for me is Waggott is clearly keen to redevelop the Riverside (spoke of hotel etc) whether that happens or not who knows 

anything else said about other possible transfer transfers?

I think Chapman would be great asset to this team and he would benefit from working under Mowbray and his staff. 

I can understand that Armstrong deal would be too much for us

anything said about the new scouting system?

thanks @Madon for the updates

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

VACANCY: CONE MONITOR & BIB MAN (NOTE: NOT A SUPERHERO MASCOT).

Blackburn Rovers are looking to recruit a new operative to provide a functioning assistance role within the football clubs U23 setup. The successful application will work with club manager Damien Johnson and offer consultancy + regular dialogue to the first team manager with an aim of progression to the senior setup. This is a demanding role with the main tasks requiring strategic placement of cone apparatus and provision of coloured garments. Applicant will also be expected to devise team bonding activities (local pub in previous incumbent's case though a broader range is preferred) and carry a sense of duty and responsibility as a role model to younger players particularly fitness matters. Also a brand new responsibility will be devising a dieting schedule. This includes taking into account religious dietary requirements, allergies, etc. This requires no prejudice towards certain dietary arrangements though preferably not to the point of no prejudice to any food in general. Applicant will be expected to hold or work towards obtaining necessary coaching badges. This isn't expected to be an arduous process as the course historically holds a 100% pass record (at least we have never heard of anyone failing including Steve Kean, John Barnes ,Tony Adams and the previous incumbent of this role).

Please apply FAO Mr S Waggott, Ewood Park, Nuttall Street, BB2 4JF, Blackburn, East Lancashire, Lancashire, United Kingdom.

Edited by Vinjay17

9 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

VACANCY: CONE MONITOR & BIB MAN.

Blackburn Rovers are looking to recruit a new operative to provide a functioning assistance role within the football clubs U23 setup. The successful application will work with club manager Damien Johnson and offer consultancy + regular dialogue to the first team manager with an aim of progression to the senior setup. This is a demanding role with the main tasks requiring strategic placement of cone apparatus and provision of coloured garments. Applicant will also be expected to devise team bonding activities (pub in previous incumbent's case) and carry a sense of duty and responsibility as a role model to younger players particularly fitness matters. Also a brand new responsibility will be devising a dieting schedule. This includes taking into account religious dietary requirements, allergies, etc. This requires no prejudice towards certain dietary arrangements though preferably not to the point of no prejudice to any food in general. Applicant will be expected to hold or work towards obtaining necessary coaching badges. This isn't expected to be an arduous process as the course historically holds a 100% pass record (at least we have never heard of anyone failing including Steve Kean, John Barnes ,Tony Adams and the previous incumbent of this role).

Please apply FAO Mr S Waggott, Ewood Park, Nuttall Street, BB2 4JF

David Lowe would be a good candidate

Thanks Madon- very helpful.

This is a valuable exercise for club and fans. With incommunicative people owning the club, the more channels that are open the better even if it does appear to be duplicative.

Ask the same question more than once and it is always possible to get a different and more revealing answer.

• Like 2

I'm pleased that we've shifted more season tickets so far than we did all last summer. That alone should see a significant increase on crowds from those that we had in the Coyle season. Noting that we're now at about 81% of Waggott's 'stretch' target I'd be surprised if we reached that now, unless something major happens in the next month.

I'd expect 95%+ of those prepared to commit to a season ticket would have bought one by now before the deadline. There'll be a few who for a number of reasons leave it until later and pay the higher price but it won't be many.

Still, I think any sort of increase is a step in the right direction and progress, so long as those people are enticed to remain and be built upon in future years with a period of progress and positive development.

• Backroom
7 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

Anyone know where Dunny is going then?

Mowbray said he has other business interests outside of football.  I know he's heavily involved with Gary Flitcrofts company,  Flitcraft, so I'd imagine that may be a factor as to why he's chose to leave. 

Was there any other info as to what ambitions/expectations the Raos have for the club..are they committed to funding for a possible promotion push?

For me the info they relay to us is so unclear and sketchy it's unreal.The eight year big question of what do they want from us remains as suspicious and unanswered as ever.

It's a case of as you were.... a club in limbo due to lack of leadership and ambition from the top.

As you were.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 3

Hopefully it is the same as what does a Greek shipping magnate want from a Championship club and what does a Thai bloke who made a fortune in canned tuna want with a Championship club.

Hopefully what they want it to access the money and profile of the Premier League as that is the only way of salvaging some finance and respectability out of this venture.

Its hard to believe because those other owners actually make serious efforts to achieve it by being hands on and investing in improvements to the club, whereas our lot seem to take no interest at all and invest by way of filling a black hole that they created.

It was bought as a marketing tool, vanity project and money pit to be run by their shadow business partners it really is that simple.

After that it became partly by default an accounting tool, this is where the money pit bit comes into it still, crunching numbers and profits from elsewhere i'm sure a large part of football ownership is for this reason, with an outside chance of being a global marketing tool again in the future and maybe even paying for itself.

I think the vanity quickly went out the window but as to the partners that's still anyone's guess if or what their involvement might still be but they were in it up to the eyeballs from the off there is zero doubt about that.

That's why they bought into it and that's why they hang around, to sell it would be like Brexit because there'd be that much to unfold and an awful lot write off whilst it still does actually serve a handy purpose.

All imo of course but it's not to difficult to see it when you stand back and look at everything.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

• Backroom
1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

If someone hasn't bought a season ticket by now, why would they buy one in the next few weeks with a £50 increase?

Not sure but Steve Waggott was refreshingly firm when asked about extending the deadline, he says it was mentioned to him but a flat no, with anything in life you get better deals early and it’s a choice you can make.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, perthblue02 said:

How long as Ghanhi Babu been based in Blackburn ? or is that another of the Ghost's names

I thought that, it has to be the first time his names ever been mentioned apart from on here where I think someone said he was the guy who says yay or nay in India to everyday requests from the club to pay bills etc.

Will the real Gandi Babu please stand up ? 

Edited by tomphil

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

I'm pleased that we've shifted more season tickets so far than we did all last summer. That alone should see a significant increase on crowds from those that we had in the Coyle season. Noting that we're now at about 81% of Waggott's 'stretch' target I'd be surprised if we reached that now, unless something major happens in the next month.

I'd expect 95%+ of those prepared to commit to a season ticket would have bought one by now before the deadline. There'll be a few who for a number of reasons leave it until later and pay the higher price but it won't be many.

Still, I think any sort of increase is a step in the right direction and progress, so long as those people are enticed to remain and be built upon in future years with a period of progress and positive development.

I am very pleased we passed last season ticket holder number and hopefully we will see even more sold. would like to know what the figure is right now. 

3 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

If someone hasn't bought a season ticket by now, why would they buy one in the next few weeks with a £50 increase?

depends on people circurmstances whether it family situation that might change, or change of job/job promotion that allow them to come to more games, or going on a family holiday that must be paid before being able to afford the Season Ticket after the holiday. 

36 minutes ago, JHRover said:

On Dunny, I wonder whether he has had his nose put out of joint, bearing in mind that he was promoted to first team coach when Mowbray arrived then swiftly demoted back to the U23s last summer.

Maybe he just wants to move on? I mean, why is everything some sort of conspiracy or problem?

• Like 3