BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Players who never quite made it

56 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Ravel Morrison ? 

Didn't he play for QPR against Rovers one night a few years back? A remember some guy running around for a few minutes and then fading. Rovers won Rob Green let in a flopper and we all had fake play-off hopes again.

• Like 1

On 08/06/2018 at 10:22, Mattyblue said:

Steve Bruce - 0 caps.

Howard Kendall - 0 caps. Colin Harvey - 1 cap. Two out of Everton’s ‘Holy Trinity’.

Amazing really when you think of some of the players that have played for England this past 15 years.

Steve Bruce 0 caps...what the actual f#*k??????

11 hours ago, Husky said:

Didn't he play for QPR against Rovers one night a few years back? A remember some guy running around for a few minutes and then fading. Rovers won Rob Green let in a flopper and we all had fake play-off hopes again.

Until Gaz stuck 11 men behind the ball, against the mighty..... Yeovil, and we drew 0-0 . ??

• Like 1

Ex-Man City starlet Michael Johnson. I recall Sven once saying that he "wouldn't even swap him for Gerrard".

After a few bad injuries he became fat and ran down his hefty 5 year contract at City after falling out of love with the game. Shame.

As 'Reverend and The Makers' sang..."I could have been the heavyweight; champion of the world"!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, BigUts said:

Ex-Man City starlet Michael Johnson. I recall Sven once saying that he "wouldn't even swap him for Gerrard".

After a few bad injuries he became fat and ran down his hefty 5 year contract at City after falling out of love with the game. Shame.

As 'Reverend and The Makers' sang..."I could have been the heavyweight; champion of the world"!

He looked a class act when he first got into the City team.

Thinking about it, that spell of City youth players could warrant a thread all by themselves. S. Wright-Phillips, Stephen Ireland, Michael Johnson & Micah Richards all off the top of my head looked like they were going to be worldies, and all ended up fading away far too soon.

Not sure that their fans would be too bothered now, mind.

9 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Thinking about it, that spell of City youth players could warrant a thread all by themselves. S. Wright-Phillips, Stephen Ireland, Michael Johnson & Micah Richards all off the top of my head looked like they were going to be worldies, and all ended up fading away far too soon.

Not sure that their fans would be too bothered now, mind.

I can’t believe he’s still on the books at Villa! 

Throwing this out there but Simon Garner. Hear me out. I've never seen him play and he was before my time however his goal scoring record speaks for itself self and after listening to many rovers fans in pubs on away days or numerous coach trips I can't help but believe he should have achieved alot more and at a higher level. Feel free to tell me I'm talking Bullock's and correct me if I'm wrong but from stories and stats tell me he under achieved. I know he made it but did he make it to the level his talent deserves

Edited by Oldgregg86

17 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Throwing this out there but Simon Garner. Hear me out. I've never seen him play and he was before my time however his goal scoring record speaks for itself self and after listening to many rovers fans in pubs on away days or numerous coach trips I can't help but believe he should have achieved alot more and at a higher level. Feel free to tell me I'm talking Bullock's and correct me if I'm wrong but from stories and stats tell me he under achieved. I know he made it but did he make it to the level his talent deserves

You're talking bollocks. Never speak of Simon like that again. Sir Simon reached the pinnacle of human achievement anywhere in the world by being the leading scorer at the greatest club in the world. ?

• Like 4

• Backroom
Just now, Amarillo said:

Brett Emerton

A solid pro for Rovers down the years but he was absolutely unplayable on his debut. Never reached those heights again.

One of my favourite Rovers. Nice avatar!

1 hour ago, Amo said:

Brett Emerton

A solid pro for Rovers down the years but he was absolutely unplayable on his debut. Never reached those heights again.

I remember him playing for Australia against England in the old inside right style of position when he was still out in Holland. He ran England ragged. First time I ever saw him play, I thought he looked class that night.

Regarding Bruce, Ledley King with two bad knees was a lot better.

24 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Who was that Cameroon player who Souness tried to sign for ages? He did his cruciate.

Lucien Mettomo?

I remember him and South Korean striker Ahn Jung-hwan were linked with us constantly under Souey. 

Edited by Amo

• 2 months later...