BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sir Kenny Dalglish

A disgrace he hasn't been knighted when other football men have been that don't have an ounce of his integrity, and didn't do what he did for the families of those lost at Hillsborough. For that alone he should have been knighted. A gent and a football genius.

Edited by blueboy3333
  • Like 8

It will be a long time before we get a manager of his calibre again at Ewood. Maybe the Riverside could eventually be renamed Sir Kenny Dalglish Stand. 

Edited by ewoodpo
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Neal said:

Personally hoped he'd say "no thanks". Top bloke regardless. 

Wouldn't have minded either. I'm not sure whether to recognise it or not as I have strong Republican views. UK Republic that is though I'm certainly in preference of US Republican politics over Democrats and certainly idiot liberals. Maybe I'll just use the "sir" prefix if I mention Ferguson in the same post as a way to take a "not very veiled" dig.

19 hours ago, Butty said:

Just waiting for Vinjay to rock up and somehow turn this into an Anti Sir Alex/Man United thread :lol: :lol:... Fully deserved though, Sir King Kenneth of Dalglish. 

Since you're being so blase about it I'll go one further shall I? How about a dig at...erm...Fred Walker! Apparently Jack turned down a knighthood as far back as the 70's because Fred wasn't offered one. Probably because Jack was the talented Brother and the one with the sales skills whereas Fred was a glorified health & safety floor supervisor. To be fair I've never heard any cases of Walkersteel (the original not the pale imitation Howard Walker lent the name too) being sued on injury malpractice, etc. I'm pretty sure even back in the 60's and 70's there was a bigger market for industrial accident lawyers even if people were not generally quick to sue on more trivial matters. I've also heard that Jack was the one pushing for the sale and driving it forward. Fred probably wanted to wait (or just let his Brother do all the real work) but the consensus at the time was Jack got the better end of the deal. Not to mention there was a steel recession not long afterwards.

Edited by Vinjay17

• Moderation Lead
5 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

Wouldn't have minded either. I'm not sure whether to recognise it or not as I have strong Republican views. UK Republic that is though I'm certainly in preference of US Republican politics over Democrats and certainly idiot liberals. Maybe I'll just use the "sir" prefix if I mention Ferguson in the same post as a way to take a "not very veiled" dig.

Since you're being so blase about it I'll go one further shall I? How about a dig at...erm...Fred Walker! Apparently Jack turned down a knighthood as far back as the 70's because Fred wasn't offered one. Probably because Jack was the talented Brother and the one with the sales skills whereas Fred was a glorified health & safety floor supervisor. To be fair I've never heard any cases of Walkersteel (the original not the pale imitation Howard Walker lent the name too) being sued on injury malpractice, etc. I'm pretty sure even back in the 60's and 70's there was a bigger market for industrial accident lawyers even if people were not generally quick to sue on more trivial matters. I've also heard that Jack was the one pushing for the sale and driving it forward. Fred probably wanted to wait (or just let his Brother do all the real work) but the consensus at the time was Jack got the better end of the deal. Not to mention there was a steel recession not long afterwards.

That’s all very nice, but what does it have to do with King Kenny?

It's about knighthoods so it's completely relevant. That said I only made that comment because someone decided to take snide digs at me. Maybe you should say something about that?

I'm guessing since so many people refer to him as "Sir Kenny" anyway he's probably just given in to them. Still think the whole concept is ridiculous and beyond antiquated. I'm glad Jack didn't take one because he was better than her in every possible respect. Working with Jack for 5 years was a far bigger honour than this could ever be even if he wouldn't buy Geoff Thomas. ?

Dalglish has claimed he never went back to Hillsborough. Even as a manager? 

BBC article is pathetic. Can't even refer to the club as "Blackburn Rovers". Don't tell me I'm being petty I saw people complaining because Shearer was pictured in a Newcastle shirt while showing his 95-96 goal stats. Compared to that this is much worse. Maybe I'll just stop paying my damn license fee.

Nothing but respect for Kenny even if you take away the Rovers connection.

Part of me hoped he hadn’t become a “sir” already because he’d told the establishment to shove it up their arse. Hillsborough was the biggest establishment cover up of our time let’s not forget that. Ultimately though it’s his decision and if he’s happy with it so am I, who am I to judge such a great man. 

• Like 3

On 10/06/2018 at 10:01, Vinjay17 said:

It's about knighthoods so it's completely relevant. That said I only made that comment because someone decided to take snide digs at me. Maybe you should say something about that?

I'm guessing since so many people refer to him as "Sir Kenny" anyway he's probably just given in to them. Still think the whole concept is ridiculous and beyond antiquated. I'm glad Jack didn't take one because he was better than her in every possible respect. Working with Jack for 5 years was a far bigger honour than this could ever be even if he wouldn't buy Geoff Thomas. ?

Apart from plenty of arguments about why a constitutional monarchy provides some things Presidents don’t....

Before it spirals into an entrenched argument though. You are entitled to your opinion as much as anybody; I just don’t happen to share it (like plenty of others).

• 3 years later...

Always find it slightly odd he hasn't retained some connection with the club.  It seemed once he left in 1996 that he and the cub forgot about each other.  Like how often would you see him and Shearer sitting in the stand together at Ewood?

At Leeds you have the Don Revie Stand.  Dalglish is not held in the same regard.

7 hours ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Always find it slightly odd he hasn't retained some connection with the club.  It seemed once he left in 1996 that he and the cub forgot about each other.  Like how often would you see him and Shearer sitting in the stand together at Ewood?

At Leeds you have the Don Revie Stand.  Dalglish is not held in the same regard.

Revie was at Leeds for 13 years & is synonymous with them as Dalglish is with Liverpool

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Revie was at Leeds for 13 years & is synonymous with them as Dalglish is with Liverpool

Ok its not a totally like for like example but Dalglish delivered the only league title since 1914.  I just find it a bit odd that there isn't still some connection.  You would think he would be about the place more.  Its possible to be a legend in more that one club.