BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre Season Matches

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Bennett played right back today whilst Travis played in centre midfield. 

Will Bennett play there long term? 

Not sure you can take anything from a friendly, all about fitting in 22 players to get them a game however possible.

For Travis, hes played for the academy teams apparently at right back and theres far more of an opportunity there than central midfield where we have Smallwood, Evans, Davenport, Whittingham and Rothwell ahead of him.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Not sure you can take anything from a friendly, all about fitting in 22 players to get them a game however possible.

For Travis, hes played for the academy teams apparently at right back and theres far more of an opportunity there than central midfield where we have Smallwood, Evans, Davenport, Whittingham and Rothwell ahead of him.

I see him more of a box to box midfielder myself Travis..thats where Ive seen him play when ive been to watch the under 23's play

18 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

As a general aside how bad must the Scottish League be when our squad can turn over one of their best sides so easily at home in our very first warm up game?

You aren't seriously judging Hibs or the Scottish league on that are you?  It was a kick about in the sun against a Hibs team shorn of arguably its two best midfield players in Dylan McGeouch ( away to Sunderland ) and Scott Allan ( back to Celtic ) ….. our right back was playing his 2nd pre season match after being injured for 6 months and our forward Oli Shaw has played about 10 first team games, around 3 as a starter.  Our first choice keeper is out injured as well.

Compared to our normal performances that was utterly insipid from Hibs, have a look at Hibs.Net fans forum to judge what we thought of it ….. as for another poster saying we were well into our pre season … so far we have played the mighty Linlithgow Rose and Berwick Rangers lol.

Hibs average crowd last season was just over 18,000 a high not seen in 40 years, to the point where we cut Rangers usual allocation to fit all our fans in … we didn't get that because of displays like Sunday.

Besides that, how much did your squad cost compared to ours … money talks lads, Blackburn fans should know that better than anybody or did I miss the Jack Walker era?

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HIBBY said:

You aren't seriously judging Hibs or the Scottish league on that are you?  It was a kick about in the sun against a Hibs team shorn of arguably its two best midfield players in Dylan McGeouch ( away to Sunderland ) and Scott Allan ( back to Celtic ) ….. our right back was playing his 2nd pre season match after being injured for 6 months and our forward Oli Shaw has played about 10 first team games, around 3 as a starter.  Our first choice keeper is out injured as well.

Compared to our normal performances that was utterly insipid from Hibs, have a look at Hibs.Net fans forum to judge what we thought of it ….. as for another poster saying we were well into our pre season … so far we have played the mighty Linlithgow Rose and Berwick Rangers lol.

Hibs average crowd last season was just over 18,000 a high not seen in 40 years, to the point where we cut Rangers usual allocation to fit all our fans in … we didn't get that because of displays like Sunday.

Besides that, how much did your squad cost compared to ours … money talks lads, Blackburn fans should know that better than anybody or did I miss the Jack Walker era?

You can't use them not playing as some defence, they aren't your players anymore. It would be like us saying you're lucky we didn't beat you by more only we were missing; Phil Jones, Tom Cairney and Josh King :)  

Whoever you have played so far, the point stands that you have a European qualifier coming up so should expect top be sharper than our lads who were on beaches up to a few days ago. 

Our squad cost very little on fees. We are lucky we now have a good manager who has built a good team. Confidence is high too after doing well last year, albeit at a level or 2 lower than we would like. 

Best of luck for the season too. I hope your performance levels pick up for the European qualifier 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, HIBBY said:

To be fair, you've probably picked the worst time in the last 30 years to ask that! Of those who played yesterday, I think 8 were academy graduates, and most of the rest were frees, with the odd 6 figure fee there too. Having said that there's probably still a fair gap in wages though.

In any case, glad to see optimism about the state of the game North of the border. A healthy game in Scotland is good for football in the rest of Britain & I'd say we've tended to get a pretty downbeat picture of things down here in the last few years, to the point in which I had no idea anyone outside the Old Firm were getting near 20k crowds. 

Best of luck in Europe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HIBBY said:

How's Anthony Stokes ???????

But yes agree it's bonkers to offer any comparison on the back of that game. Only thing i'll say is Rovers look fitter at this early point than at any time in the recent past.

Edited by tomphil

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

How's Anthony Stokes ???????

But yes agree it's bonkers to offer any comparison on the back of that game. Only thing i'll say is Rovers look fitter at this early point than at any time in the recent past.

They paid Stokes contract up a fair while ago now... A lad who is talented but clearly has wasted his talent