BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre Season Matches

Just now, lsp82 said:

Apparently Rovers fans met the players at services and whilst rest of team chatted to fans Evans was heard saying why do we fucking always meet fans at the services. Or something to that effect.

It's about time Johnny's brother fecked off. 

2 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Rothwell looks a real tidy player. Two good feet and looks dangerous. I like the look of him. Davenport didn't really get into the game. Was anonymous for large parts. Regarding systems we played three at the back first half and we were all over the place hoofing aimless long balls terrible half. Second half looked alot better without really creating much. Tomlinson and nyambe did well. Samuel and nuttall ran around contributing little. I'm no fan of Samuel and I've said before I don't believe nuttall is good enough. The 3 at the back didn't work last season. It won't work this season and will cost us valuable points. 

Also I'm convinced Tomlinson scored as the ball looked over the line

Ok thanks for that. 

Some Rovers fans said Davenport played really well in front of the back 4 second half. 

Travis the best player on pitch according to some Rovers fans. Is this correct?

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

how much do you think we need? 

Our Squad

Keeper - Raya Fisher Luetwiler

Defenders - Bennett Lenihan Mulgrew Williams Nyambe Downing Wharton Bell

Midfielders - Davenport Smallwood Whittingham Travis Rothwell Conway Evans

Strikers - Graham Samuel Nuttall. 

for me we are a Striker short and 2 wide players. plus a centre back if Wharton isn't going to be here this season. I haven't included Tomlinson has he is supposedly going out on loan

2 strikers, a first choice one and a backup, The boss doesn’t seem to fancy Nuttall and I think he’ll go on loan.

Centre half.

2 wingers

So 5 very minimum 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tom said:

Looking at that squad I’m convinced we are more than just 4 players short 

I'm of the opinion that we need a commanding tall CB, 2 wingers who have pace about them, and 2 Strikers.

For me the biggest problem with our team is it's lack of pace.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am fully aware of the players we had mate. 

I am comfortable with either formation. 

Sorry but pre season is an indicative of how we will play formation wise, player positions, etc

“I am not looking at systems, I am just trying to get the players 45 minutes or an hour."

“I am just giving everybody game time, I am not looking at systems or thinking of playing a particular way."

Whose right, you or Mowbray?

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ok thanks for that. 

Some Rovers fans said Davenport played really well in front of the back 4 second half. 

Travis the best player on pitch according to some Rovers fans. Is this correct?

Travis was easily the best player in the pitch. 

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

“I am not looking at systems, I am just trying to get the players 45 minutes or an hour."

“I am just giving everybody game time, I am not looking at systems or thinking of playing a particular way."

Whose right, you or Mowbray?

Still 4 pre season games to go isnt there?

2 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Travis was easily the best player in the pitch. 

Didn't see it that way myself, but he did work hard and I agree that he tried to make things happen. Don't see him as a starter just yet, but I admit I have seen very little of him. I liked what I saw today, so he should be there or thereabouts for the match day squad against Ipswich, so wouldn't expect him to be loaned out. I didn't see any stand out players, but I also thought Davenport looked quite lively operating in a deep role in front of the back 4. 

44 minutes ago, lsp82 said:

Apparently Rovers fans met the players at services and whilst rest of team chatted to fans Evans was heard saying why do we fucking always meet fans at the services. Or something to that effect.

I guess that explains why he was roundly booed by some when his name was announced at kick off. Thought  it strange at the time.

45 minutes ago, StaffordRover said:

Didn't see it that way myself, but he did work hard and I agree that he tried to make things happen. Don't see him as a starter just yet, but I admit I have seen very little of him. I liked what I saw today, so he should be there or thereabouts for the match day squad against Ipswich, so wouldn't expect him to be loaned out. I didn't see any stand out players, but I also thought Davenport looked quite lively operating in a deep role in front of the back 4. 

I barely saw him touch the ball in the second half but I'm not judging any player on today's performances. It is what it is. A run about. I would have no problems with Travis starting . I think he should have to win his place from the first team lads but no doubt he will keep them on their toes