Pre Season Matches

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Don’t be shy.....

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Missed this. What was said

He can fk right off anyway because he's shite but I'm curious

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

What has he said mate?

Bumped into some fans today at a service station and while other players said hello he was heard saying something on the lines of "why do we always bump into fucking fans". This is just a select few tweets from a couple of fans on Twitter. No need for such disrespect from Evans. He divides opinion but the fans have always got behind him. When I was growing up if I was 9 years old and would have heard Friedel say something like that I'd have cried my eyes out :lol: 

IMG_9741.PNG

Edited by Butty

8 minutes ago, Butty said:

Bumped into some fans today at a service station and while other players said hello he was heard saying something on the lines of "why do we always bump into fucking fans". This is just a select few tweets from a couple of fans on Twitter. No need for such disrespect from Evans. He divides opinion but the fans have always got behind him. When I was growing up if I was 9 years old and would have heard Friedel say something like that I'd have cried my eyes out :lol: 

IMG_9741.PNG

Well I tagged Rovers, Ryan Grant and Warren Lucy in the tweet. Ryan Grant replied saying he is aware of this and its been passed to the right people. Probably Mowbray and Waggott. Expect a statement tomorrow where Evans says sorry and apologises for his actions

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well I tagged Rovers, Ryan Grant and Warren Lucy in the tweet. Ryan Grant replied saying he is aware of this and its been passed to the right people. Probably Mowbray and Waggott. Expect a statement tomorrow where Evans says sorry and apologises for his actions

Can't wait for Mrs Evans to get involved

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Butty said:

IMG_9741.PNG

Thanks.One player I wouldn't be sorry to see leave even before this incident 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not really good enough from Evans though is it?

I mean, if I felt the same way, getting caught out and then apologising isn’t going to make me feel any different. I’d just be more careful.

Mowbray is trying to build a squad that has a good connection with the fan base. Evans, clearly isn’t buying into it. 

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Do we know what context this was in I wonder, was he just jokingly being exasperated or genuinely grumpy ?   Anyone witness it ?

From what I've read it was a genuinely grumpy remark. I wasn't  there so can only go off what I've seen fans say on Twitter. There was a tweet from a rovers fan who was there saying evans is the most ignorant footballer he's ever met. He's representing our club so even if he was joking, to make that sort of remark and swear in front of your own fans is unprofessional. He needs a telling off. You can count on one hand the amount of good performances evans has had since he's been here, yet we've always got behind him despite his inconsistencies and injury record. If he doesn't apologise then he can get fooked :) 

1 hour ago, Butty said:

From what I've read it was a genuinely grumpy remark. I wasn't  there so can only go off what I've seen fans say on Twitter. There was a tweet from a rovers fan who was there saying evans is the most ignorant footballer he's ever met. He's representing our club so even if he was joking, to make that sort of remark and swear in front of your own fans is unprofessional. He needs a telling off. You can count on one hand the amount of good performances evans has had since he's been here, yet we've always got behind him despite his inconsistencies and injury record. If he doesn't apologise then he can get fooked :) 

Agree and regardless of this incident whatever it was he has to be one of the most overated molly coddled, self serving players we've ever had. 3 or 4 good games per season since he's been here and usually leading up to Internationals or contract renewals. We know he can do it but for a multitude of reasons he doesn't he's been a passenger and in a way Lowe when he was here took a lot of heat off him.

Like I said regardless of today i'd have traded him long ago he's probably always been in the top paid bracket and doesn't justify it. However in todays market with what we have to spend i'm not sure we could actually get much better but maybe somebody more robust and regular would be a start.

• Like 2

Might be looking to deeply into this but...

while Paul Caddis was not deemed fit enough to feature.

From: Blackburn Rovers boss Tony Mowbray satisfied with Vale workout (Lancashire Telegraph article)

I know there was a question as to Caddis's attitude, fitness and weight last season.
Has he returned to summer pre-season overweight and unfit?

If this is how it is. Surely the club should look at cutting ties with him and bringing in someone who has a better attitude.

• Like 2

Maybe Caddis was injured or maybe he carries something long term which prevents him from training flat out and getting as fit as he can who knows although it might explain why his career went downhill all of a sudden. If not wouldn't you think he'd have gone away end of last season and put his head down to get as fit as possible to challenge for a season in the Championship ?

I just don't get the lack of morals some of these guys have, where is he going after here ? Bit part League 1 or 2 at a small skint club briefly then non league probably. Sad.

14 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Might be looking to deeply into this but...

From: Blackburn Rovers boss Tony Mowbray satisfied with Vale workout (Lancashire Telegraph article)

I know there was a question as to Caddis's attitude, fitness and weight last season.
Has he returned to summer pre-season overweight and unfit?

If this is how it is. Surely the club should look at cutting ties with him and bringing in someone who has a better attitude.

When the pre season pictures of the lads in austria came out Caddis looked seriously overweight and in terrible shape. He's never been the most athletic looking but I was shocked when I saw the photos. Can't see him featuring at all this season. 

7k in the DE and about 7k in the home sections would be my estimate with probably a 60-40 split overall. East Lancs saddo plastics everywhere.

Still is suppose the bean counters will be very happy with a gate of 14 thousand however it's made up it's a few extra quid at the end of the day, less whatever they have to pay the red whingers for turning up.

Some will flock for tickets - because of the opposition, me ?  I'm more looking forwards to the Millwall game, how many of our super fans who buy for this and turned up v Oxford will flock to that one ?   Plenty I hope ?

Edited by tomphil

This stuff about Evans is nonsense. He could have said it tongue in cheek, was he smiling when he said it? The amount of fans on twitter passing judgement and second hand info on this is stupid. It seems nobody was actually there when it happened. Jesus can we just concentrate on football. Even if he did say it, who gives a shit? Are fans really that precious? I know he is a scapegoat and a figure fans don't have much time for, but seriously get over it like. I actually wouldn't  be surprised if something was said to him first.

A similarish situation happens with Cattermole yesterday. A fan asked "when the F are you going" he responded "soon hopefully" Sunderland fans on twitter then turning on Cattermole for the comment when the fan clearly instigated it. 

Some of the comments from rovers fans on twitter about the Evans non story are poisonous. Real nasty stuff. Think they are on the higher ground then. Bizzare. Are players not allowed to respond to abuse from idiot fans? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel