BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre Season Matches

I know plenty that heard it directly as they travel with the supporters club I go with regularly. 

He said it, it wasn’t tongue and cheek and those at the services heard  it loud and clear.

Many of those at Port Vale spend a fortune, every weekend, ten months a year supporting those lads and that outburst was bang out of order and massively out of step with the atmosphere that Mowbray has helped create between players and fans. So I imagine Mogga is as annoyed as anyone.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

This stuff about Evans is nonsense. He could have said it tongue in cheek, was he smiling when he said it? The amount of fans on twitter passing judgement and second hand info on this is stupid. It seems nobody was actually there when it happened. Jesus can we just concentrate on football. Even if he did say it, who gives a shit? Are fans really that precious? I know he is a scapegoat and a figure fans don't have much time for, but seriously get over it like. I actually wouldn't  be surprised if something was said to him first.

A similarish situation happens with Cattermole yesterday. A fan asked "when the F are you going" he responded "soon hopefully" Sunderland fans on twitter then turning on Cattermole for the comment when the fan clearly instigated it. 

Some of the comments from rovers fans on twitter about the Evans non story are poisonous. Real nasty stuff. Think they are on the higher ground then. Bizzare. Are players not allowed to respond to abuse from idiot fans? 

Brilliant. In your zeal to defend the indefensible - armed with no facts - you’ve even managed to make up some bullshit aimed at Rovers fans.

??????

• Like 4

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I know plenty that heard it directly as they travel with the supporters club I go with regularly. 

He said it, it wasn’t tongue and cheek and those at the services heard  it loud and clear.

Many of those at Port Vale spend a fortune, every weekend, ten months a year supporting those lads and that outburst was bang out of order and massively out of step with the atmosphere that Mowbray has helped create between players and fans. So I imagine Mogga is as annoyed as anyone.

And these are the people paying his wages. He needs a rollicking.

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

Brilliant. In your zeal to defend the indefensible - armed with no facts - you’ve even managed to make up some bullshit aimed at Rovers fans.

??????

I have as much facts as anybody else and they are all jumping to conclusions. 

Defend the indefinsible? Stuart, stop taking garbage. I am defining the unsubstantiated. 1 tweet started all this rubbish 

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

And these are the people paying his wages. He needs a rollicking.

This is rubbish. Venkys pay his wages. Just becuase Johnny Bloggs has a season ticket, it doesn't give him the right to be a nob to a player. 

Needs a rolliking for what exactly? Becuase some fan tweeted something unsubstaniated? This is typical rubbish now where this will lead to fans booing and turning on one of our players in a huge season. The majority won't even know why they are doing it 

@StuartThe tweets that some fans are making about him are an absolute disgrace. Calling him every name under the sun and even bringing his wife into it. Scumbags. Going off the tweets, none of them were there, they just "heard" or read some other eejit tweet it. Rovers have some low life fans going off what I see on twitter about this. So ya, defend this all you want 

I’ve seen tweets from at least half a dozen fans that I know for a fact go to every single game. 

I’ve had the quotes confirmed by my supporters club that were at the services, I know them personally and they are the absolute best of our fan base who spend a fortune and a hell of a lot of time supporting the club every single weekend, so they were rightly upset by a disgraceful outburst, considering they were just chatting politely to the rest of the squad.

So please withdraw your posts BDS.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I have as much facts as anybody else and they are all jumping to conclusions. 

Defend the indefinsible? Stuart, stop taking garbage. I am defining the unsubstantiated. 1 tweet started all this rubbish 

It is a fair question, why are you making random allegations (unless you have some information yourself?) that Rovers "idiot" fans were giving him abuse?

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

It is a fair question, why are you making random allegations (unless you have some information yourself?) that Rovers "idiot" fans were giving him abuse?

They are giving him abuse on twitter. Would you put it past some fans giving him abuse if they saw him at a petrol station after a game? 

Who did Evans say this to out of interest? 

Without knowing context and his side of the story, I disagree with the abuse he and his family are getting online. Even if he said if, I don't think it's that bad in the grand scheme of things and doesn't warrant the abuse and faux outrage online. As I said though, always two sides to a story. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Hi all, do you know if the Liverpool friendly will go to general sale or general entry on Thursday? Got the day off work and never been to Ewood Park before so considering driving down from Glasgow but don't have a previous booking history with the club so can't buy a ticket online at present. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

They are giving him abuse on twitter. Would you put it past some fans giving him abuse if they saw him at a petrol station after a game? 

Without knowing context and his side of the story, I disagree with the abuse he and his family are getting online. Even if he said if, I don't think it's that bad in the grand scheme of things and doesn't warrant the abuse and faux outrage online. As I said though, always two sides to a story. 

It was before the game so it's highly unlikely he'd have got any abuse before the game. Why do you insist on shooting down the slightest negative thing every time? It can't be rosy all the time Big Dog. Evans was bang out of order and I'd expect a big apology before I'd be supporting him down at Ewood this season. 

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Because it's Liverpool and they will in all likelyhood sell out their allocation, they won't go on general sale to stop the home ends being full of their fans.

Thanks.. I might see if i can plead my case through the club as an ardent groundhopper! Got a full week of new grounds to go to up here in Scotland but Thursday was the one day there's nothing doing for me here and Ewood Park has long been on the 'to do' list of English grounds so this seemed a perfect fit.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I know that I wouldnt automatically assume that the fans were to blame when the only information at hand is that BEFORE the game he bemoaned that the team always seem to stop where the fans are en route to an away game. Why would you randomly assume that the fans saw the team they had paid good money to travel to watch a friendly to see at the services and instantly start with a tirade of abuse. Its an unfounded and unfair assumption thats understandably got the backs up of the people on here that have read it.

Im not particularly affected as I didnt go or wasnt insulted directly so im not going to go round saying he shouldnt play for us again etc but I can understand why those who were there when he said it are so offended.

You seem particularly eager to shoot down and think bad of our loyal fans, and if im not mistaken you dont attend matches so are basing these opinions solely on internet personas. 

(And obviously I also dont condone abuse to his family. He has brought on the stick himself)

12 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

A quick heads up for those in AU, Thursday nights game against Liverpool will be available live on Foxtel Channel 517 (if you have a foxsports subscription)

It's live on LFCTV too so may well be 'available' online through other means.

1 hour ago, Holyjoe said:

Hi all, do you know if the Liverpool friendly will go to general sale or general entry on Thursday? Got the day off work and never been to Ewood Park before so considering driving down from Glasgow but don't have a previous booking history with the club so can't buy a ticket online at present. Thanks!

If you are stuck in getting a ticket I live on the same street as ewood park,I will get you one.Im working before the club shop opens and don't finish till after it closes.But I'm off all day on Thursday...if you get here on Thursday and they won't give you a ticket due to not being on the database send me a pm and il go over and get you 1

• Like 3

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

If you are stuck in getting a ticket I live on the same street as ewood park,I will get you one.Im working before the club shop opens and don't finish till after it closes.But I'm off all day on Thursday...if you get here on Thursday and they won't give you a ticket due to not being on the database send me a pm and il go over and get you 1

Thanks for the offer... if I get no joy then I may take you up on that. Cheers!

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I know that I wouldnt automatically assume that the fans were to blame when the only information at hand is that BEFORE the game he bemoaned that the team always seem to stop where the fans are en route to an away game. Why would you randomly assume that the fans saw the team they had paid good money to travel to watch a friendly to see at the services and instantly start with a tirade of abuse. Its an unfounded and unfair assumption thats understandably got the backs up of the people on here that have read it.

Im not particularly affected as I didnt go or wasnt insulted directly so im not going to go round saying he shouldnt play for us again etc but I can understand why those who were there when he said it are so offended.

You seem particularly eager to shoot down and think bad of our loyal fans, and if im not mistaken you dont attend matches so are basing these opinions solely on internet personas. 

(And obviously I also dont condone abuse to his family. He has brought on the stick himself)

Spot on. No rovers fan I know would abuse one of our own players BEFORE a game. Never mind a pre season friendly against Port Vale. Multiple people witnessed the incident and in turn posted on social media about it. It happened, Evans was out of line massively. And to show such a lack of disrespect and lack of professionalism he should face some sort of disciplinary action. As I've said, you can count the amount of good game he's had since he's been here on one hand. That's when he's not injured. Yet our fans have still always backed him. You can't defend him BDS so for once just admit something negative has happened at our club. 

Just now, R1verS1deBlue said:

hahahahaha are you serious pal ?

There will be about 3000 on including them.

Scousers climbing over themselves to get tickets to see their reserves play a side just promoted from the 3rd division.

I think some people read "Liverpool" and assume we are playing in the PL again.

Maybe their new generation of fans will be excited just to visit a "new ground".

Very serious. I'm telling him why they aren't going to go on general sale.

The club will believe that the away end will sell out (rightly or wrongly) and they don't want their fans in the home ends. Plus there are thousands of glory hunting Liverpool fans in modern day Lancs, and some of those may well try and get a ticket too, so it is made database only as standard for this kind of opposition, pretty simple really.