BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre Season Matches

22 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I know plenty that heard it directly as they travel with the supporters club I go with regularly. 

He said it, it wasn’t tongue and cheek and those at the services heard  it loud and clear.

Many of those at Port Vale spend a fortune, every weekend, ten months a year supporting those lads and that outburst was bang out of order and massively out of step with the atmosphere that Mowbray has helped create between players and fans. So I imagine Mogga is as annoyed as anyone.

Disharmony before a ball is kicked. Tut, tut. tut.

You can only really get away with that kind of stuff if you're a decent player (fans soon see past anything if on pitch performances are good) but as Evans is decidedly average at best . . . well, if we had any replacement then surely he should be gotten rid of . . ..

So sounds like Travis has been the standout midfielder in pre-season, do we think Mowbray will start him in the first league game?

I think his stubbornness will overcome and we'll see Evans and Smallwood...

• Like 1

Just now, OJRovers said:

So sounds like Travis has been the standout midfielder in pre-season, do we think Mowbray will start him in the first league game?

I think his stubbornness will overcome and we'll see Evans and Smallwood...

Not sure thats stubbornness. He might have impressed in pre season thus far but im not sure thatll be enough to start him in the Championship.

Evans was impressive in the last month or 2 of last season, Smallwood was our most consistent midfielder in general, add Davenport into the mix and id be surprised if Travis started.

22 hours ago, Butty said:

It was before the game so it's highly unlikely he'd have got any abuse before the game. Why do you insist on shooting down the slightest negative thing every time? It can't be rosy all the time Big Dog. Evans was bang out of order and I'd expect a big apology before I'd be supporting him down at Ewood this season. 

An apology because someone on twitter claims he said "we are always meeting fans" or whatever the statement was. Why do you need an apology for that? Are you really that hurt? 

22 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I know that I wouldnt automatically assume that the fans were to blame when the only information at hand is that BEFORE the game he bemoaned that the team always seem to stop where the fans are en route to an away game. Why would you randomly assume that the fans saw the team they had paid good money to travel to watch a friendly to see at the services and instantly start with a tirade of abuse. Its an unfounded and unfair assumption thats understandably got the backs up of the people on here that have read it.

Im not particularly affected as I didnt go or wasnt insulted directly so im not going to go round saying he shouldnt play for us again etc but I can understand why those who were there when he said it are so offended.

You seem particularly eager to shoot down and think bad of our loyal fans, and if im not mistaken you dont attend matches so are basing these opinions solely on internet personas. 

(And obviously I also dont condone abuse to his family. He has brought on the stick himself)

So do you condone it or not, you say you do ,but then say he brings it on himself, which is it? He is getting savage abuse online because someone on Twitter claims he said something. It is ridiculous. 

Does he have a right to be offended when fans give out about him at games? Does he deserve an apology? What about Pedersen when he got abuse?Some of you seem to think fans can do and say what they like but if a players makes a pretty harmless comment, he should apologize or be sold.  That's even if he did say it in a bad context. The judge and jury have decided yes, but i wouldn't be so sure. I attend games for many sports and I have been at Rovers games. Fans are no angels and to pretend they are and deserve apologies when players respond is a modern phenomenon. The snowflake generation. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

19 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

An apology because someone on twitter claims he said "we are always meeting fans" or whatever the statement was. Why do you need an apology for that? Are you really that hurt? 

‘F*** sake, we always run into fans’

He did say it, as I know people personally that heard him.

Pretty ill thought out thing to say in earshot of fans who are giving up another weekend (pre season as well) to follow the team. 

Away travelling fans don’t expect much, a clap at full time, quick chat if they run into their heroes, it will make their day - especially young fans. So they certainly shouldn’t accept an outburst like that, it’s poor stuff.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So do you condone it or not, you say you do ,but then say he brings it on himself, which is it? He is getting savage abuse online because someone on Twitter claims he said something. It is ridiculous. 

Does he have a right to be offended when fans give out about him at games? Does he deserve an apology? What about Pedersen when he got abuse?Some of you seem to think fans can do and say what they like but if a players makes a pretty harmless comment, he should apologize or be sold.  That's even if he did say it in a bad context. The judge and jury have decided yes, but i wouldn't be so sure. I attend games for many sports and I have been at Rovers games. Fans are no angels and to pretend they are and deserve apologies when players respond is a modern phenomenon. The snowflake generation. 

The key thing I took issue with is you ASSUMING that the fans abused him BEFORE he said what he said. Something youve still been unable to clear up.

In my opinion, youve made this up to suit your narrative of lambasting the fans which I dont understand. 

When do fans give out about him at games? Where have you got this from as I must miss it every time.

Im not saying that fans havent gone over the top on social media, they will do but I could understand why the ones who were there are so annoyed. 

I dont agree that he should be sold about it and Ive no doubt that people will have over reacted and like I said if anyone has taken it too far with "savage abuse" or mentioned his family (do you have proof of this?) then I dont even slightly condone it. But I do think that hes out of order for saying what he said to fans who are spending good money to watch the team in a pre season friendly and I cant understand why you are making up prior antagonisation from supporters to justify Evans' behaviour. 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

‘F*** sake, we always run into fans’

Pretty ill thought out thing to say in earshot of fans who are giving up another weekend (pre season as well) to follow the team. 

Fans don’t expect much, a clap at full time, quick chat if they run into their heroes, it will make their day - especially young fans. So they certainly shouldn’t accept an outburst like that, it’s poor stuff.

See the "F*** sake" bit wasn't said initially, it seems that piece has been added since others picked up on the tweet. Look 99% of fans are sound, but there can be a nasty element with all fan bases.  I don't know what happened in this incident. It is always dangerous to go off something that may or may not have been heard properly. Chinese whispers. Then you have context. One person could pick something up as tongue in cheek that another person takes offence to. 

It's a bit much saying we all deserve an apology and that he should be sole because someone tweeted he did is a bit rich to me. 

If he said it without having something said to him first, he is an idiot.  Even if he did though what I find the worst part of this whole thing is the mob on Twitter and some of the comments I read about him and his wife. Really nasty stuff. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

The key thing I took issue with is you ASSUMING that the fans abused him BEFORE he said what he said. Something youve still been unable to clear up.

In my opinion, youve made this up to suit your narrative of lambasting the fans which I dont understand. 

When do fans give out about him at games? Where have you got this from as I must miss it every time.

Im not saying that fans havent gone over the top on social media, they will do but I could understand why the ones who were there are so annoyed. 

I dont agree that he should be sold about it and Ive no doubt that people will have over reacted and like I said if anyone has taken it too far with "savage abuse" or mentioned his family (do you have proof of this?) then I dont even slightly condone it. But I do think that hes out of order for saying what he said to fans who are spending good money to watch the team in a pre season friendly and I cant understand why you are making up prior antagonisation from supporters to justify Evans' behaviour. 

See above. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

See above. 

Thanks.

Totally agree about idiots on social media but there will always be them. Evans is totally out of order for his comments but I dont need an apology as he didnt do it to me and also calls for him to be sold on the back of this are going too far IMO.

Still do find you suggesting or implying that he was abused beforehand based on nothing prior to this as really strange and difficult to explain.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Thanks.

Totally agree about idiots on social media but there will always be them. Evans is totally out of order for his comments but I dont need an apology as he didnt do it to me and also calls for him to be sold on the back of this are going too far IMO.

Still do find you suggesting or implying that he was abused beforehand based on nothing prior to this as really strange and difficult to explain.

I said maybe he was. If he did just say it for no reason and was overheard , its bad, but there are so many factors like did the fans hear correctly and context. 

I really enjoyed last season and you could see that the fans and players had united for the 1st time in years. Stuff like this worries me. I just found reading fans tweets about this to be really disturbing. Social media really brings out the anger in people. Some fans clearly had little information on what may or may not have happened, their tweets were angry, personal and directed at Evans and his family. I would be embarrassed if he was forced to apologized as it would only encourage the likes of this stuff online. 

If it was on camera or I heard it myself , the only apology I would want from him is to actually play consistently above a 6/10 for more than 4 games per season! 

Just now, Tugay's Right Foot said:

so back to the game.

what can we expect with the game with the scousers ? They drew with Bury and have an expensive, spanking new centre midfield. Will we be playing two different teams each half, you think?

A lot of my friends support Liverpool, it's sad that we now play them in "marquess friendlies" whereas BV(before Venkys) we used to have regular competitive games with them.

Be nice to win it, I just hope no one gets injured first and foremost though. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

A lot of my friends support Liverpool, it's sad that we now play them in "marquess friendlies" whereas BV(before Venkys) we used to have regular competitive games with them.

Be nice to win it, I just hope no one gets injured first and foremost though. 

Bragging rights if we win it then..?

Frightening set of players they are bringing over

Just now, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Bragging rights if we win it then..?

Frightening set of players they are bringing over

It will be interesting to see how the likes of Dack get on against players of this caliber. He will be well up for it I would say. Big game player, even if this is a friendly. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

On 16/07/2018 at 21:27, roversfan99 said:

Not sure thats stubbornness. He might have impressed in pre season thus far but im not sure thatll be enough to start him in the Championship.

Evans was impressive in the last month or 2 of last season, Smallwood was our most consistent midfielder in general, add Davenport into the mix and id be surprised if Travis started.

Be surprised if on the bench he was woeful against Hull