BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre Season Matches

51 minutes ago, den9112 said:

A good workout for the team today but for me taking Davenport asside Whittingham was a joy to watch today , he looked intrested for once pinging the ball to his team mates for fun.

That alone was a big plus for me after watching him last season...i know it's early but  his body language was just saying something differnt today..

Sounds like he's found his level.

6 hours ago, Tom said:

Well he was, at least earlier on.

The time I posted was early evening, maybe he had an early night

Just back from Lincoln. I thought we looked very good in possession and when winning the ball off them. the only poor things  where a fairly toothless attack and we seemed to get too easily out muscled by their big lad up front.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

65' - Save! A superb 30-yard drive from Dack draws a stop from Vickers in the Lincoln goal, before Williams volleys over from the resulting corner. 0-1. #Rovers

68' - Save! Vickers is there again, this time diving at Samuel's feet after the substitute had burst into the area. 0-1. #Rovers

We didnt start with at the back 3 at all. Back 4 of Lenihan Downing Wharton Bell

From what I saw, we did start 3-5-2...whether by accident or design. Rich Sharpe Tweeted that we were 4 at the back but the evidence of my eyes on the field was 3 CBs with Bell left WB & Bennett right WB 

Just thought I'd get this in early - Everton have a very strong squad, are a week further down the line than Liverpool were in their preparations, have had more of their squad together for longer, and are all out to impress their new, exciting manager.

I'm expecting a proper pasting.

But it is pre-season. Against top half PL opposition. It tells us nothing.

Just thought that with the understandable concerns in "the other thread" that it would be wise to try and keep tonight in perspective.

If we put on a good show we are gonna piss the league though, obviously.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Just thought I'd get this in early - Everton have a very strong squad, are a week further down the line than Liverpool were in their preparations, have had more of their squad together for longer, and are all out to impress their new, exciting manager.

I'm expecting a proper pasting.

But it is pre-season. Against top half PL opposition. It tells us nothing.

Just thought that with the understandable concerns in "the other thread" that it would be wise to try and keep tonight in perspective.

If we put on a good show we are gonna piss the league though, obviously.

We are a week further down the line now too ? I see they won one friendly 22-0 other a few weeks back. I don't think we will lose by that much :) maybe 2-1 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

We are a week further down the line now too ? I see they won one friendly 22-0 other a few weeks back. I don't think we will lose by that much :) maybe 2-1 

Keep it under 20 and we can say that we stopped them.

• Like 1

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Keep it under 20 and we can say that we stopped them.

:D

Reminds me of when Steve Staunton was managing Ireland and we were playing San Marino in our next game. They had just lost 7-0 to Czech republic, but in the game before that they had lost 13-0 to Germany. So Stan comes into the press conference and says "they have obviously tightened things up at the back" to looks of confusion and bewilderment from the collected journalists.

• Like 1

There has been a serious accident on the M6 near Preston. A HGV has hit a bridge rendering it unsafe. M6 has been closed in both directions all day and will be overnight. Reports of very heavy traffic on all routes from Lancaster to Preston and presumably south. 

Debating whether to attempt the journey tonight or admit defeat and lose the £20 of tickets.

Anyone else already en route? 

Raya, Nyambe, Lenihan, Mulgrew, Bell, Bennett, Smallwood, Evans, Samuel, Dack, Graham.

More or less exactly the same team that finished last season and likely to be the team that lines up against Ipswich.

Not good.