BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre Season Matches

27 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

What a great score line! Bradley Dack is an amazing footballer and I hope we can keep him for this season. He is destined for big things in the game.

Secondly the new kit looks stunning. The lighter blue has been used at various times throughout our history( even Spurs have used it) and I’m sure it will prove a commercial success.

I'l be giving the new shirt a miss thanks, i dont like it. If it's not Cambridge blue its not right!

6 hours ago, Stuart said:

Didn’t go but sounds like a good run out.

How did Everton look?

Everton looked really good in their home kit.

I was wondering when if ever Everton have played at Ewood in their Everton blue. I suppose they may have done years ago when colour clashes were not such a concern, pre TV.

I wonder if Everton will switch their home colours to a washed out pissy pale blue. Maybe they will not as it is their history and brand image.

For those who say pale blue is our history well so is all white and also navy blue and white halves if you go back far enough.

We have used pale blue and white halves 9 times in our history which includes 2 under Venkys.

Royal blue and white halves are our historical colors despite what others try to persuade.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I second that. Awful kit. It needs to be royal blue. Don't like the dark socks either.

The awful shirt could only be made to look worse by the wearing of dark socks so that is exactly what the fashion philistines do.

I am convinced that the late kit release was to accomodate the late arrival of a sponsor and logo with pale blue finally chosen to suit the logo. I expect similar as long as 10 bet are sponsors.

The colour change is nothing to do with paying respect to Rovers history, which those who favour the new blue are manipulating anyway. They tried and got away with that con in the Birdy episode.

After that? They are capable of anything ... Venkys colours, who knows.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, den9112 said:

Pre season freindly or not that was a very enjoyable football match to watch(as a Rovers supporter) ...

Well worth the £10 ticket..Did i also hear a small group of Everton fans chanting at Dack 'Are you Messi in disguise'.

I watched a post match vid on Youtube from Toffee TV, the speaker scathing of many Everton players and saying they still needed improvement 'all over the field' and said their Manager had also said more players were needed now. I hope they do not fancy a punt on Dack!

7 hours ago, Neal said:

Here's a question... You can sign Richarlison for 40mil or Dack for 20mil... Who would you sign?

It's a good question and ive thought about it and honestly don't know. I think I would have to watch more of richarlison before I made a decision but on last nights showing probably dack

Edited by Oldgregg86

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

It's a good question and ive thought about it and honestly don't know. I think I would have to watch more of richarlison before I made a decision but on last nights showing probably dack

I don't think people will risk £20m on Dack until he's shown he can do it at least at Championship Level. If he has a good season in the Championship though, I would expect the Premier League clubs to be sniffing around before long. £20m is nothing in today's market either sadly.

What I found most pleasing (granted from only the highlights) was the apparent togetherness of the team. Dack looks genuinely happy at Rovers - and that will needed if his performances get too much unwanted attention from teams with more money than Rovers.

Edited by DavidMailsTightPerm
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Garage Flower said:

What position did Samuel play up top or out wide and how did he do? He scored a decent finish.

Samuel played for the most part right winger. Changed sides with Bennett a couple of times and I think for the last 5 minutes he was deployed as a striker with Graham dropping down to right wing.

He did well to be fair. A bit of enigma that at one point powered through 3 defenders and in the next moment fails to control a simple ball. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Hard to judge because they've played at different levels. I've watched Richarlison... In my opinion Dack would be better value for money. Convinced Dack could play for a top side. 

Just now, Neal said:

Hard to judge because they've played at different levels. I've watched Richarlison... In my opinion Dack would be better value for money. Convinced Dack could play for a top side. 

To be fair the Brazilian lad was the their best player by far.  He looked a real handful.  As did Dack.  Different style with the Everton lad having more pace.  One effort where he tried to chip it into the top corner from the six yard box showed ridiculous technique.  £50 mil? At this stage of his career, a bit pricey. Certainly has potential though and may justify that fee in a year or two. 

Dack will be worth £20mil - if he keeps the weight off.   Had to laugh at the Scouse 'Fat Messi' comments.

8 hours ago, tonygreenbank said:

Secondly the new kit looks stunning. The lighter blue has been used at various times throughout our history( even Spurs have used it) and I’m sure it will prove a commercial success.

Is that a wind up? For me its arguably the worst home kit I can remember. Watched the game on a livestream and it looks awful. That washed out blue just doesnt look good in any way. Why anyone would design that I dont know. West Brom also have the same sponsor and have made it work by matching the colour scheme. 

Otherwise a great performance. I think were only a couple of players from being a competetive championship side, positions which I think are obvious. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Dack will be worth £20mil - if he keeps the weight off.   Had to laugh at the Scouse 'Fat Messi' comments.

Don't think you'll need to worry bout that under Mowbray. Reminds me a bit of Tomlin, also has buckets of talent, can be a match winner but chunky build. 

Edited by Neal

8 minutes ago, Neal said:

Don't think you'll need to worry bout that under Mowbray. Reminds me a bit of Tomlin, also has buckets of talent, can be a match winner but chunky build. 

To be fair he does seem to be one of those 'chunky' players that can run all day! A lot of dribblers from Dunn to Maradonna have had that look! 

learned a few things from a very solid performance last night

1: Everton will have to improve drastically or it will be a long season for them.

2:Football has gone mad if that was a £50,000,000 player out there.

3: We have got to enjoy watching Dack while we have him because if he carries on improving like he has we cant keep him for long.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

To be fair he does seem to be one of those 'chunky' players that can run all day! A lot of dribblers from Dunn to Maradonna have had that look! 

That's probably his " fighting weight ". If he lost some weight he might not be much quicker and he wouldn't  be as strong on the ball. He's not a flier speed wise but he's got a great change of pace, going from jogging to sprinting very quickly. He uses it sparingly and to great effect.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, benhben said:

Is that a wind up? For me its arguably the worst home kit I can remember. Watched the game on a livestream and it looks awful. That washed out blue just doesnt look good in any way. Why anyone would design that I dont know. West Brom also have the same sponsor and have made it work by matching the colour scheme. 

Otherwise a great performance. I think were only a couple of players from being a competetive championship side, positions which I think are obvious. 

The shirt is dreadful. What we were thinking of allowing that to be foisted on us is a mystery. Great performance though.

Despite our genuine concerns when you look at the line up Rovers started with it is a championship line up although we'd obviously like it to be stronger and more refined but it is a championship team on paper not league 1 about to try and punch above it's weight.  Going to need some more very good back up signings to support it and a fair wind in terms of injuries etc but one of the main things is getting the tactics which suit it right. That was missing early last season which maybe made the team look worse than it was and also factor in a bit of a negative relegation bounce whereas this year it should be the opposite.

Get the tactics right and we'll be ok I think, a good start is vital this season.

As for the kit it's like anything else to do with fashion it's all about personal taste, a lot don't like it let's not pretend otherwise. Most probably think it's ok or it'll grow on them and some favour it, 'stunning' however is not really a description to sit alongside that kit ?

Edited by tomphil

5 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Everton looked really good in their home kit.

I was wondering when if ever Everton have played at Ewood in their Everton blue. I suppose they may have done years ago when colour clashes were not such a concern, pre TV.

I wonder if Everton will switch their home colours to a washed out pissy pale blue. Maybe they will not as it is their history and brand image.

For those who say pale blue is our history well so is all white and also navy blue and white halves if you go back far enough.

We have used pale blue and white halves 9 times in our history which includes 2 under Venkys.

Royal blue and white halves are our historical colors despite what others try to persuade.

Hello, Hello, how do you do,

We are the boys in royal blue

Just now, tomphil said:

Despite our genuine concerns when you look at the line up Rovers started with it is a championship line up although we'd obviously like it to be stronger and more refined but it is a championship team on paper not league 1 about to try and punch above it's weight.  Going to need some more very good back up signings to support it and a fair wind in terms of injuries etc but one of the main things is getting the tactics which suit it right. That was missing early last season which maybe made the team look worse than it was and also factor in a bit of a negative relegation bounce whereas this year it should be the opposite.

Get the tactics right and we'll be ok I think, a good start is vital this season.

As for the kit it's like anything else to do with fashion it's all about personal taste, a lot don't like it let's not pretend otherwise. Most probably think it's ok or it'll grow on them and some favour it, 'stunning' however is not really a description to sit alongside that kit ?

Our best 11 is decent. It's the back up 11 that has been problematic.  We all know that certain of the players can't go 90 minutes these days, one or two others have long time injury issues.  If either of the centre backs are injured we have Williams and Downing. Ok for a game or two or the last 20 minutes but not top class replacements for a length of time. Same applies to Graham. Dack was a bit of a worry, he finished last season carrying a strain, but if this lad from Chelsea does sign he looks like he could fill his big boots.