BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre Season Matches

On 27 July 2018 at 16:25, Bigdoggsteel said:

Remember the team under sparky, every second week an opposition manager was complaining about our "strong arm tactics". Mostly because they didn't get what they wanted from the game. I loved that team 

Mokoena wasn't the world's best footballer but he had opponents looking over their shoulder when the ball was coming their way.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Always thought the Sparky team with Bellamy and Pongolle in it played some of the best football I've seen from Rovers.  

Bellamy was one of the best strikers I've seen at Ewood. No pass to Bellamy was a bad pass, he'd make a hoof ball his own 9 times out of 10.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Always thought the Sparky team with Bellamy and Pongolle in it played some of the best football I've seen from Rovers.  

We lost the match but I remember us playing at white Hart lane that season when we were both in contention for the top 4, we went 2-0 down quickly but absolutely battered Spurs and brought it back to 2-2 only looked like one winner and then spurs got a break away goal and ended 3-2.

I was still living in Ireland at the time and I always remember Robbie Keane interview on sky after when he said Rovers had been the best team they had played all season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Does anyone know if it's pay on door at accy tomorrow?

It's not tomorrow?I thought it was Sunday?

I'm in Blackpool till Sunday and hotel already paid for but planned going game on Sunday?Or have I made a complete balls of it and the game tomorrow?

8 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

He was an exceptional player with that will to win that made him a pain in the arse.  That's what I like about Dack.  He is a niggly  little git as well.

I'm liking the fat Messi tag ?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We lost the match but I remember us playing at white Hart lane that season when we were both in contention for the top 4, we went 2-0 down quickly but absolutely battered Spurs and brought it back to 2-2 only looked like one winner and then spurs got a break away goal and ended 3-2.

I was still living in Ireland at the time and I always remember Robbie Keane interview on sky after when he said Rovers had been the best team they had played all season.

Yes I remember that game as well.  

• Like 1

Back home for a few weeks so I went last night and what a good decision it turned out to be.  Preseason games are not ones to be taken too seriously and being home late July and August for the past few years I have gone to a few stinkers but last night was very enjoyable.   The whole team played well but obviously, Dack was really good.  Evans played well, I'm not a fan of his but if he can finally have a consistent season then he'd be first choice centre mid for me.  Samuel played well,  I  thought so even before he scored but he isn't going to provide much width and defensively he would be exploited by teams that have scouted us.   There were a couple of occasions in the first half he left Nyambe exposed and Everton should have taken better advantage of that.   Everton were poor,  especially first half where they looked like they needed a lot of work on their shape.    Second half only Sandro stayed on the pitch and they looked a lot stronger but still, we defended well and took our chances.

Great to see but it is only a preseason match and so can't read too much into it.

It was interesting to see the team hardly change so it would seem that this is the team to play Ipswich   (Williams will probably come back in but Bell did well).

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wanted to go today but im off to bed after just got from Kent. Im shattered. 

Good luck to all them who attend and hopefully you get a good performance. Would appreciate a report of the game from any attend person. Many thanks in advance

Part timer