BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre Season Matches

15 minutes ago, Butty said:

How is this guy still playing for us? Pre season or not Jesus Christ. 

IMG_9819.PNG

I think it’s an absolute disgrace that he’s still at the club. The fact that he came back completely out of shape, meant the club had to waste resources- which could have been deployed elsewhere, such as the youth team- to make sure he was fit. He should have been sacked on return. 

Edited by scotchrover

Well i really hope none of that squad is playing for us next season, bar rothwell. Absolutely awful from all of them. Special mentions for nuttall who really is a atrocious football player and Whittingham who was embarrasing. Davenport was very poor also. I've also seen a lot of people wanting tomlinson to be given a chance, but please dont, he was an absolute shithouse, poor player. 

Edited by AAK

Glad that pre-season is finished and the next game is the serious stuff. 

Feel like the start of the season is critical, weve started really poorly in the last 2 seasons; Mowbray spoke with a lot of regret about the lack of challenge in the last pre-season and how it led to the bad start, so I hope this seasons has proved more beneficial.

The first 6 games are key in my opinion, more than usual as we need to prolong the momentum built from promotion, and the first 6 fixtures are quite favourable, so I would hope we could target double figures in our points return from these games. We need a few new additions but thats nothing we dont know, they need to be ASAP though, not at the end of the loan window.

1 minute ago, AAK said:

Well i really hope none of that squad is playing for us next season, bar rothwell. Absolutely awful from all of them. Special mentions for nuttall who really is a atrocious football player and Whittingham who was embarrasing. Davenport was very poor also. I've also seen a lot of people wanting tomlinson to be given a chance, but please dont, he was an absolute shithouse, poor player. 

Not good. What did Rothwell do to impress, and what was so disappointing about Davenport? 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not good. What did Rothwell do to impress, and what was so disappointing about Davenport? 

Rothwell for me at least got on the ball and tried to make things happen and can take a player on, went past about 4 in one go, but no support for him. Davenport his first touch was awful all game.

Edited by AAK

7 minutes ago, AAK said:

Rothwell for me at least got on the ball and tried to make things happen and can take a player on, went past about 4 in one go, but no support for him. Davenport his first touch was awful all game.

Did Rothwell play on the left, and is he particularly quick?

Davenport has seemed a bit hit and miss, he looked well out of his depth against Liverpool, well I suppose he was anyway v Keita and Fabinho but some of his passes were awful under no pressure.

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Did Rothwell play on the left, and is he particularly quick?

Davenport has seemed a bit hit and miss, he looked well out of his depth against Liverpool, well I suppose he was anyway v Keita and Fabinho but some of his passes were awful under no pressure.

Rothwell was central, at least that's where he kept receiving the ball. I like the look of him, got something about him. Davenport i expected to be better than Rothwell, but nowhere near at the moment. Caddis played left wing second half, now that was horrid to watch. Fisher also looks a lot better of a keeper than the Canadian lad. Travis was right back and looked way out of position, hes defo not a right back. 

Edited by AAK

Hardly surprising Rothwell looked our better player, as he was signed based on how he gave us a hard time but considering how he and Palmer are attacking mids and Samuel is being player wide... We're literally going into this season with one 33 year old centre forward who can't play 90 mins. Mowbray needs to get someone in ASAP. 

Disappointing game this afternoon, particularly first half. I thought Conway was probably the bright spot, although Travis did ok - but agree with whoever said earlier that he looked out of position, he definitely looks better in CM whenever I’ve seen him play there. 

I was disappointed with Rothwell and Davenport, although again agree that Rothwell was the better of the two. I just expected more from both of them, especially against lower league opposition. 

Tomlinson and Whittingham had mixed afternoons I thought. One moment absolutely awful, but then odd glimpses of what they can do sprinkled in amongst it. Whittingham in pacticular showed for about 10 minutes at the start of the second half that, with time on the ball and players making intelligent runs, he could be an important player for us, but then he faded out of the game again. 

Williams really struggled - although he apparently was carrying a bit of a knock and was at left cb with Caddis at lb, so maybe there were extenuating circumstances. 

Which brings me on to Caddis. Looked good for about 5 mins, flying into tackles, getting forward, tracking his runners etc. And then it just all went to pot - presumably he ran out of steam, but I do wonder what the point of playing him was. Surely we have a lb in the u23’s who would have benefited from the experience of playing today?

And finally, Nuttall just looked completely out of his depth. I really struggle to see just how he scored so many goals for the u23’s - I can only imagine the rest of the team must do a heck of a lot of work for him. Just underlines the need to get at least 1 more striker in asap. 

Looks like the site crashed because Wharton scored the winner away against L1 opposition and the internet doesn’t want us talking about it!

Meanwhile while Rovers chatter is about potentially bringing in Greer as cover. :tu: 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Looks like the site crashed because Wharton scored the winner away against L1 opposition and the internet doesn’t want us talking about it!

Meanwhile while Rovers chatter is about potentially bringing in Greer as cover. :tu: 

Which hopefully is the most  stupid  chatter ever chatted about Rovers.

Sorry, I shouldn't dismiss him till we've given him a chance!:wacko:

Edited by 47er

11 minutes ago, 47er said:

Which hopefully is the most  stupid  chatter ever chatted about Rovers.

Sorry, I shouldn't dismiss him till we've given him a chance!:wacko:

Needs at least 10 starts!

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Dont really get your insistence on Wharton and your unhappiness that he left on loan, considering your interest in our youth players in terms of breaking into the first team, and also his position.

I'm guessing you wouldnt see him breaking up Mulgrew and Lenihan. Therefore his game time would be extremely limited.

That said, im guessing the Greer comment is based on him being at that fun day yesterday, but totally agree that id be very annoyed if he signed.