BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre Season Matches

I couldn't find a stand alone pre season thread (apologies if there is).

Ticket prices for the Hibernian game have been announced. I think £20 is too much for a friendly (albeit under the guise of a testimonial) and had I not booked the train would probably give it a miss.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/june/ticket-news-hibernian-a/

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Suspect they'll have one eye on allocating Liverpool the Riverside if they fill the Darwen End.

I was under the impression that that had always been ruled out in the past on segregation and safety grounds.

I find it very disappointing ST holders can't claim their own seats. Looks like We're falling into the usual trap we do when a "big" Club comes to town of trying to make a quick buck by filling the ground with away fans as opposed to taking a long term view and getting floating home fans in who might want to see an attractive game.

• Like 1

On 18/06/2018 at 11:50, arbitro said:

I couldn't find a stand alone pre season thread (apologies if there is).

Ticket prices for the Hibernian game have been announced. I think £20 is too much for a friendly (albeit under the guise of a testimonial) and had I not booked the train would probably give it a miss.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/june/ticket-news-hibernian-a/

£20 for this game is ludicrous. I might have considered going and an extra tenner is neither here nor there really given it would be a relatively expensive day out overall but Wouldn't go out of principle at that price.

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I was under the impression that that had always been ruled out in the past on segregation and safety grounds.

I find it very disappointing ST holders can't claim their own seats. Looks like We're falling into the usual trap we do when a "big" Club comes to town of trying to make a quick buck by filling the ground with away fans as opposed to taking a long term view and getting floating home fans in who might want to see an attractive game.

Yep. I don't like these type of friendly games.  Perhaps 5k rovers and 10k Scousers taking the pee.  No ta

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

I just noticed that Hearts are playing a home friendly against Partick with a 2 pm kick-off. It could well be an interesting afternoon in Edinburgh.

Aye, the Jags fans will be on the rampage Tony :)

Joking aside you'll be lucky if that fixture attracts more than 3,000. Difficult to predict how attractive a Rovers visit to the east of the city is likely to be but I doubt you'll be talking about a five figure gate.

The Edinburgh cops will get more trouble from the stag and hen parties on Rose Street.

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

Aye, the Jags fans will be on the rampage Tony :)

Joking aside you'll be lucky if that fixture attracts more than 3,000. Difficult to predict how attractive a Rovers visit to the east of the city is likely to be but I doubt you'll be talking about a five figure gate.

The Edinburgh cops will get more trouble from the stag and hen parties on Rose Street.

Cheers Andy. Are you going?

I got our tickets on Friday and was told we had sold 'around 200'.

32 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Cheers Andy. Are you going?

I got our tickets on Friday and was told we had sold 'around 200'.

As (bad) luck would have it I'm in England for a wedding this weekend just when Rovers head north of the border, Tony. If this weather keeps up it will be glorious in Edinburgh though - enjoy!!

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

I just noticed that Hearts are playing a home friendly against Partick with a 2 pm kick-off. It could well be an interesting afternoon in Edinburgh.

On the Partick website it says that the game is being played at Central Park in Cowdenbeath.

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

On the Partick website it says that the game is being played at Central Park in Cowdenbeath.

That makes more sense - thanks Jack. I assumed the game was at Tynecastle with Hearts being first named on the pre season fixture list.

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Missing the kids game at clitheroe to watch england. If England get to the final anyone still going to Port vale. Choices choices 

Hasn’t it been brought forward to 1pm?

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Missing the kids game at clitheroe to watch england. If England get to the final anyone still going to Port vale. Choices choices 

i know. was going to watch them. but cant miss the England game. 

isn't the Port Vale Saturday 3pm whilst final is Sunday

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

i know. was going to watch them. but cant miss the England game. 

isn't the Port Vale Saturday 3pm whilst final is Sunday

I think your right. It is Sunday.?

I'm so bad at maths it frightening

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1