BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers launch appeal against Ladies Exclusion from FA Women's Premier League Tier 2

• Craigman changed the title to Rovers launch appeal against Ladies Exclusion from FA Women's Premier League Tier 2

I've little to no knowledge in what goes on with Rovers Women but notice that Man Utd have had no difficulties in obtaining a licence for next season having only just bowed to public pressure and formed a women's team.

I've no idea what the difference is between the Women's Championship which they are trying to prevent us entering and the Women's Super League which United have gone straight into but I suppose they need to make room for their favourite clubs somewhere along the line.

Wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them, but expect some elaborate and confusing 'criteria' to emerge as justification for it all, when really the only criteria here is ££££.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Backroom

This is appalling how can this be:

Crystal Palace have been promoted from the third tier to fill one of the places, but rather than source another replacement, it has been confirmed the Super League and Championship will both go ahead with just 11 teams.

The Championship will include the newly-formed Manchester United ladies team were admitted to the league as were Leicester City who finished second in Rovers’ division, while West Ham moved from the third tier to the Women’s Super League.

Just now, Tom said:

This is appalling how can this be:

Crystal Palace have been promoted from the third tier to fill one of the places, but rather than source another replacement, it has been confirmed the Super League and Championship will both go ahead with just 11 teams.

The Championship will include the newly-formed Manchester United ladies team were admitted to the league as were Leicester City who finished second in Rovers’ division, while West Ham moved from the third tier to the Women’s Super League.

Thats what stood out to me as well. So rather than give us the final spot they would rather just play one club short? What do they have against us? 

• Like 1

End of the day it's not a true pyramid system like mens football they want.

More akin to the licence system of the MLS in the States, i.e. those deemed with the most 'potential', i.e. Man Utd are fast tracked, other teams just trundle about at amateur level. 

I recall Rugby League tried it a few years back and quickly scrapped it.

I don't follow the women's game really, but this is a truly scandalous decision and I feel genuine anger about it. Interesting that we have yet to hear any official explanation for this - surely because there cannot be a remotely acceptable one!

I thought the men's FA were bad, but this is next level. This is some FIFA level nonsense, at best.

Edited by bluebruce

• 3 weeks later...

Despicable. United would probably steal a place from a team of disabled kids never mind women. The club should have put out a few expletives and aimed attacks at the FA and United in that statement. An appeal even if financially backed sometimes isn't enough in contrast to outright condemnation. 

Edited by Vinjay17

On 26/07/2018 at 15:09, Dreams of 1995 said:

If we win the league next year can we then be promoted into the Championship?

They will probably tell us to feck off....your only Blackburn Rovers!

I really feel for the Players and Staff,they have been shat on.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

It's all a con any way. Nobody cares about women's football as the gates tell you.  Equality again going crazy. 

Well I'm not gonna go out of my way to attend any games but in principle it's still wrong to steal a place from someone who earned it. I'm not opposed to women playing football but men's football is the draw and people can take any silly homophobic insinuations out of it. That's how it is and those on here who are extremely pro feminist still haven't attended a women's match in their lifes for most part. Certainly not every week though I imagine a number attended the England women Euros games at Ewood about 13 years ago. Most sports still realise this though certain pro wrestling companies (which does attract a number of real sports fans) are trying to shove women's revolutions down people's throats. You're right it isn't a draw and if that's being anti-diverse then too bad. I won't deny part of it is to fire back at United and the FA are not exactly wonderful either are they?

Edited by Vinjay17