BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Fixtures 2018-19

Due to be released this morning.

If we are going off them lot down the roads fixtures, it looks like we'll be away first & boxing day, and at home new years day/last day of the season.

Anyone got any preferences?

For me, if we're starting away I hope we can avoid the likes of Stoke/Derby/Boro etc. Someone like QPR/Hull would be good I think.

Edited by MarkBRFC

21 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Wigan please.

Boxing day is always Bolton away recently so that wouldn't surprise me again.

We have only played Bolton away on boxing day once in my entire lifetime! (35 years)

14 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Guess: Leeds away moved to 2.15am Sunday by the LUFC Broadcasting company

Something's gone wrong there. Just the one game on TV for Leeds in the first six announced - v Stoke at home. The guys at Sky will be nervously waiting for that phone to ring any minute now. It won't be pretty.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

Something's gone wrong there. Just the one game on TV for Leeds in the first six announced - v Stoke at home. The guys at Sky will be nervously waiting for that phone to ring any minute now. It won't be pretty.

Derby will be the new Leeds Bob due to the Lampard/Sky connection and fascination.

Just a quick check shows that Swansea and Reading away are both night games. Thanks again EFL.

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

Derby will be the new Leeds Bob due to the Lampard/Sky connection and fascination.

Just a quick check shows that Swansea and Reading away are both night games. Thanks again EFL.

I went on the BBC Rovers web page to look for our full fixture list to be met by headlines ..... Lampard, Lambard........

It will be a very long Lampard season.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

• Backroom

Had to be Paul Hurst, didn't it? :lol: 

I think our first match after relegation was Ipswich at Portman Road as well. I remember very distinctly the away fans loudly chanting "KEAN OUT" as that snake slithered into the away dugout. 

• Like 2

Expect Sunderland to clog up the live TV game schedule. Might even reduce the amount of Leeds games to accommodate it.

If this anticipated Villa financial crisis unfolds expect their Sky coverage to drop accordingly.

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Is it this season that all midweek games can be watched online and via Sky? If so expect very small travelling numbers to those places. We often seem to have Reading away midweek, must be the 4th time in 5 visits.

Just now, JHRover said:

Is it this season that all midweek games can be watched online and via Sky? If so expect very small travelling numbers to those places. We often seem to have Reading away midweek, must be the 4th time in 5 visits.

Don't think it's via Sky, it's via IFollow.

Underwhelming at the start but a real opportunity maybe to get some points on the board. Wigan & Nobbers back to back away with no doubt some tv involved will see a couple of sub par followings no doubt which is annoying.

Oct/Sept look hellish.

Edited by tomphil

43 minutes ago, DE. said:

Had to be Paul Hurst, didn't it? :lol: 

I think our first match after relegation was Ipswich at Portman Road as well. I remember very distinctly the away fans loudly chanting "KEAN OUT" as that snake slithered into the away dugout. 

Yeh, that was my first thought. I seem to recall Glen Mullen was assistant manager that day too....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

How does this work then. First I've heard of it. Is it just for foreign based fans or everyone. Do you need to pay a subscription ?

Next season, everyone who subscribes to IFollow, will be able to steam all the midweek games in the UK (unless they are selected for sky tv Coverage), previously it was only available to overseas fans. Christmas/New Year & Easter games excepted.

Overseas fans will still be able to stream every game, except the ones broadcast live on sky.

Edited by MarkBRFC