BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Dunny leaving his role at Rovers

Dunny official twitter message

Thanks to everyone for all the kind messages ! It’s been a great couple of years working with the club again but at this moment can’t commit the time ! For the record I won’t be going to any other club ? #tmbwa https://t.co/gLgvvWqxw0

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/16308553._I_m_looking_forward_to_the_next_chapter__-_David_Dunn_on_leaving_Rovers/

I don't get why there are so many theories about this. Seems to me he's 40ish and feels he needs a change. If you're not going to get to the top in management or can't see yourself making a career in it at whatever level, why not do something else? He has been in football since he was a kid. How many people nowadays stay in the same line of work for their whole working life?

• Like 1

Thank goodness no other club can benefit from his illustrious coaching skills. ?. I was so worried someone from the Championship (or even EPL) would be kicking the door down asking him to manage them. ? Someone on another forum hinted he was upset at being "demoted" as first team coach and considering his ego that sounds believable. Pretty sure the lump was always intended as a stopgap until Venus joined and if I recall correctly Mowbray wasn't able to appoint him right away. If Dunn's upset about that what did he expect? Mowbray's worked with Venus for years. 

Also Chaddy we have been aware of this for over 24 hours now and longer in some cases as his departure was a recent rumour. No need to see his tediously unoriginal nickname in separate thread at this point.

Edited by Vinjay17

18 minutes ago, 47er said:

Loving Rovers like he does, I wouldn't have have expected him to leave voluntarily. You'd think he would put some sort of statement out.

Yeah I would have expected a lengthy statement too for such a momentous occasion. He did put out a statement when he left in 2015 which included touting himself as a "future manager". ?. Who does he think he is ? That tweet sums him up in his mind (look at me I'm local blah blah I am Mr Blackburn Rovers ?) he thinks we are all concerned other Championship clubs might be battering the door down for his services. Who's gonna appoint him for a first team manager anyway? Darwen? No offence to whoever manages them as they are likely way more competent than Dunn would be.

Probably is family reasons. People say he has other business interests sounds like another ex-footballer is on his way to the bankruptcy court. I'm sure whatever business interests he has are investments or arrangements where he puts in some capital and the partner does all the legwork. Likes of Dunn should just save their money and not invest in things they likely won't understand. Unless he buys a pub.

Edited by Vinjay17

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

Yeah I would have expected a lengthy statement too for such a momentous occasion. He did put out a statement when he left in 2015 which included touting himself as a "future manager". ?. Who does he think he is ? That tweet sums him up in his mind (look at me I'm local blah blah I am Mr Blackburn Rovers ?) he thinks we are all concerned other Championship clubs might be battering the door down for his services. Who's gonna appoint him for a first team manager anyway? Darwen? No offence to whoever manages them as they are likely way more competent than Dunn would be.

Tell us how you really feel!

• Like 1

If they'd made it worth his while i'm sure he'd have been happy to juggle his time but there probably isn't much in the budget for an assistant U23s manager so it's fair enough.

When TM said he'd challenged Johnson to do it alone it naturally it raises questions as to why they'd needed an assistant then all of a sudden don't need to replace the leaving one. That says to me cost cutting even if its come about by pure chance not design.

I don't get why some on here suddenly get all high and mighty when people might want to discuss these things it's all Rovers related news at the end of the day. Irony is every last little thing was being questioned not 5 mins ago but now virtually nothing can be.

Everything isn't a conspiracy nor is everything straightforward in football that's why it maintains it's interest and that's why there are forums !

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Probably is family reasons. People say he has other business interests sounds like another ex-footballer is on his way to the bankruptcy court. I'm sure whatever business interests he has are investments or arrangements where he puts in some capital and the partner does all the legwork. Likes of Dunn should just save their money and not invest in things they likely won't understand. Unless he buys a pub.

Why the disdain for a Rovers hero?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Dunny speaks highly of you too. Or he doesn't know or care who you are. It's one of the two. 

You're a nasty little man Vinjay. Have a word with yourself. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

Dunny speaks highly of you too. Or he doesn't know or care who you are. It's one of the two. 

You're a nasty little man Vinjay. Have a word with yourself. 

Sounds like an apt description of Steve Kean. Someone Dunn defended and "had no problem" with. Infact "Steve" helped him with his momentous coaching qualifications didn't he?

Edited by Vinjay17

33 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Good grief. You really are an utter embarrassment.

• Like 9

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

Sounds like an apt description of Steve Kean. Someone Dunn defended and "had no problem" with. Infact "Steve" helped him with his momentous coaching qualifications didn't he?

I was on about you not Kean. But I guess that's what you want. 'Look at me look at me. Aren't I outrageous with my contentious views'. Nah mate, you're just a man without any decency who wouldn't dare say any of this to Dunn's face. Grow up coward. 

• Like 1

What's embarrassing is someone playing parochial puppets on a string with his tiresome local boy rhetoric. That's the one "talent" he's good at besides those he's retired from.

Am I the only one who feels like this? Far bloody from it. 

Edited by Vinjay17

20 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I'm highly doubtful anyone is going to back you up on this

So I'm a liar then? Tomphil might not thank me for this (especially if it gets him any grief) but he pulled his punches in that post for a fact. So that's one example of others.

28 minutes ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

I was on about you not Kean. But I guess that's what you want. 'Look at me look at me. Aren't I outrageous with my contentious views'. Nah mate, you're just a man without any decency who wouldn't dare say any of this to Dunn's face. Grow up coward. 

Don't call me a coward. I have social anxiety/aspergers (and some other issues including a severe lack of phsyical defence skills which isn't cowardice just unfortunate fact) that's why I stick to forums so much for wanting attention. I've done things in past that prove I'm no coward. If you want me to seek attention surely confronting Dunn face to face contradicts that? I don't care who you were on about guess it's tough to respond to the truth isn't it? Are those who abused Kean (or anyone else they have criticised on here) cowards as well because they don't yell abuse at them face to face everytime they criticise?

Pointless responding to this thread with people who would probably listen to Howard Walker insult Rovers for 6 hours straight then shake his hand. An inability to hold back contempt isn't attention seeking. 

So that's it. I'm asking people to go back to discussing what a "loss" Dunn is. Any critics please don't interrupt the puppets.

Edited by Vinjay17

Freedom of expression includes the right for dissenting voices to call utter bullshit.

Back to Dunny, I applaud his decision to take a step back from football and work on other interests in life.

22 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I love Dunny. End of.....

Yes Dunny has been wonderful for the Rovers and who knows after a period away might well continue to be in the future.

Edited by philipl

6 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

So I'm a liar then? Tomphil might not thank me for this (especially if it gets him any grief) but he pulled his punches in that post for a fact. So that's one example of others.

Don't call me a coward. I have social anxiety/aspergers (and some other issues including a severe lack of phsyical defence skills) that's why I stick to forums so much for wanting attention. I've done things in past that prove I'm no coward. If you want me to seek attention surely confronting Dunn face to face contradicts that? I don't care who you were on about guess it's tough to respond to the truth isn't it? Are those who abused Kean (or anyone else they have criticised on here) cowards as well because they don't yell abuse at them face to face everytime they criticise?

Pointless responding to this thread with people who would probably listen to Howard Walker insult Rovers for 6 hours straight then shake his hand. An inability to hold back contempt isn't attention seeking. 

So that's it. I'm asking people to go back to discussing what a "loss" Dunn is. Any critics please don't interrupt the puppets.

Others have the issues you have but don't launch character assassinations from behind their keyboards. 

• Like 1

Doesn't really matter what people think of Dunn on the whole the point I was raising was a seemingly successful partnership is being ended and what is being done to replace it and if nothing why nothing.

That's the more important issue here, maybe it could be a future role for Conway ?

• Like 1

I don't love him but nor do i understand the vitriol aimed at him by some others.  Yes, he put his foot in it over the Kean era but how many others stood up and said what a total waste of space, to put it politely, he was? He's made a decision to leave.  He doesn't have to share his reasons with us, just as i don't have to share my reasons for retiring when I did with anyone else, although i did to those who really wanted to know. It's his life and he's entitled to live it as he wants provided he doesn't deliberately hurt others or do anything illegal. 

• Backroom

Dunny gave me some great memories and was one of my first heroes. He made a plank of himself under Kean, but has otherwise given over half of his life to Blackburn Rovers.

He's one of us.

At least he didn't flounce off supporting Man City when it got tough.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 6

32 minutes ago, gumboots said:

I don't love him but nor do i understand the vitriol aimed at him by some others.  Yes, he put his foot in it over the Kean era but how many others stood up and said what a total waste of space, to put it politely, he was? He's made a decision to leave.  He doesn't have to share his reasons with us, just as i don't have to share my reasons for retiring when I did with anyone else, although i did to those who really wanted to know. It's his life and he's entitled to live it as he wants provided he doesn't deliberately hurt others or do anything illegal. 

He's been a Rover for decades so its normal for a legend to thank the fans and say a bit about his future. No he doesn't have to but It would be appropriate.