BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Dunny leaving his role at Rovers

Not wanting to jump to any conclusions but this is the latest, very sad news from Chorley FC;

This morning, with regret, we have accepted Matt Jansen’s resignation as manager of Chorley Football Club with immediate effect. 

“I have thoroughly enjoyed all the years I’ve spent at Chorley FC,” Jansen told chorleyfc.com. “I am sure the Club will go from strength to strength with the squad that has been assembled for the new 2018/19 season and wish the team every success in the years ahead.”

We would like to put on record our appreciation for all that Matt has achieved in eight years of service as player, coach and manager and wish him all the best for the future. 

Chorley supporters very disappointed and in a state of shock! Following Flitcroft and Jansen, can you suggest another former Rovers player who could take on the management role at Chorley? 

27 minutes ago, Charlie Magpie said:

Not wanting to jump to any conclusions but this is the latest, very sad news from Chorley FC;

This morning, with regret, we have accepted Matt Jansen’s resignation as manager of Chorley Football Club with immediate effect. 

“I have thoroughly enjoyed all the years I’ve spent at Chorley FC,” Jansen told chorleyfc.com. “I am sure the Club will go from strength to strength with the squad that has been assembled for the new 2018/19 season and wish the team every success in the years ahead.”

We would like to put on record our appreciation for all that Matt has achieved in eight years of service as player, coach and manager and wish him all the best for the future. 

Chorley supporters very disappointed and in a state of shock! Following Flitcroft and Jansen, can you suggest another former Rovers player who could take on the management role at Chorley? 

No , but I know of someone looking for a job who was employed by the people who were running Rovers at one stage, managed in the Prem, League winner abroad and managed an international team, If you have a well stocked bar at Chorley (and give him a driver/bodyguard) I am sure he will be ideal  . (just keep the club safe locked in case his mate from Barnet turns up ) :)

Edited by perthblue02

30 minutes ago, Charlie Magpie said:

Mike Newell?

23 minutes ago, Charlie Magpie said:

• Like 2

On 23/06/2018 at 12:24, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

Others have the issues you have but don't launch character assassinations from behind their keyboards. 

Others also never stopped supporting the club and started supporting City (cos they were winning ) for several years. A point he ignores when brought up.

It wasn't several years. How about you stop ignoring that point and quit embellishing/exaggerating beyond what I've admitted in 1st place. Someone getting tired of explaining themselves to ignorant people (who ignore their own faults when confronted with them) isn't quite the same as outright ignoring. As I've said on Rothwell thread in greater detail I'm done "explaining" myself and you don't even like my long posts anyway so why moan about me "ignoring" it? Like it or lump it. Or accept it. Most people have. Speaking of "ignoring" by the way Dunn's been overheard in past badmouthing Rovers fans pretty much because he felt he was beyond criticism. So much for me not saying things to people's faces (though if absolutely cornered I would and I have at least if you count my meeting with Williams years ago) but I've never claimed to be one of the great orators of history.

Edited by Vinjay17

11 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Not fussed about Dunn leaving. He's no Bradley Orr, but being a local and a fan can only count for so much.

OK then, how about playing hundreds of games for your home town club, playing for England,helping to guide the under 23's to promotion AND scoring that last second,off-side goal against the Clarettes?

• Like 5

He played for England once didn't he? Did he even start the game? Big deal. I'm still convinced the U23s was all Johnson's good work (look I said he would fail at Oldham and that's what happened so don't blame me if I'm unconvinced about his impact on the U23s) and most fans couldn't give a toss about the U23s anyway. If so then Johnson would have had a louder cheer than Dunn wouldn't he during the introductions at the Oxford game? He milks that offside goal for all it's worth which wasn't all that much considering their next visit to Ewood resulted in a win. No doubt in Dunn's mind it's because he was subbed at 1-0  and Rovers would have won 8-0 had he stayed on the field. ?. Strange how his injuries never seemed to pop up before Burnley games isn't it? Well aside from the one time but on that occasion he probably really was injured. I guess by "probably" that's an admission of no concrete proof but I'm not apologising for having suspicions on his convenient availability virtually every time the fixture came up.

Derbyshire had excessive favortism too and he did nothing to dissuade it. Granted perhaps it's churlish to criticise someone for not complaining about excessive praise but I would have respected him more had he asked to earn such adulation. I'm not saying he should have asked the fans to abuse him or anything silly like that. I'm not Allardyce's biggest fan but it says a lot when you felt sorry for him feeling the need to "defend" himself for accepting a ridiculously excessive fee. I wonder if Jason Wilcox had been from Blackburn and not Bolton? Would he have had his detractors hassling him for years if he had been born a few miles further North? I don't think people cared about him being from Bolton specifically but had he been "more local" would he have had the unfair abuse (which started early in his career and never completely subsided) from some sections of the crowd? 

Dunn wanted to leave in 2003 (granted it's because of his ego clash with Souness more than anything particularly appealing about Birmingham) but he handed in a transfer request with Parkes in 99-2000 as well. Even then it seems he carried that aura of local boy entitlement.

Edited by Vinjay17

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Always proud when a Rover plays for England.

It was a Premier League club and some fans seemed to think playing for England was the height of achievement. "Dunny for England" was playing for Rovers not good enough for some? Rovers were a Premier League club (and pretty damn established even taking the 2 year absence into account) you wouldn't have heard Liverpool fans chanting "Fowler for England" despite his limited number of appearances. People chanted it with Sutton of course but I guess any fanbase would have done the same after that whole England B/Hoddle fallout. Sutton regretted it but how could you justify picking Les Ferdinand ahead of him in 97-98 season? Maybe in 96-97 while Ferdinand was banging in goals at Newcastle but in 1998 it was the other way round. Didn't people question Hoddle picking Ferdinand because he happened to be at Spurs? Darren Anderton as well who initially in WC 98 was selected ahead of Beckham.

Also it's more than fair to question Dunn accepting a callup from Eriksson. If he's the great local icon he claims to be then he should have refused or at the very least criticised Eriksson's behaviour towards the club (and Jack in particular) in 1997 and leading Jansen to believe he would be in 02 squad. I guess exaggerating his "hatred" of Burnley (played for their youth didn't he because he hates them so much?) was more important than speaking up for Jack though. He even had to spin that into a story about turning them down for Rovers in the end as if that was a tough decision ?. People can say what they like about me impacted by years of mental/psychological abuse which never gets taken into account. That's not an exaggeration because I was right about the Walker family influencing the trustees + their neglect in general.

In 1997 had I been an aspiring youth player (that's a VERY hypothetical scenario lol because my footballing "ability" is beyond non existent) there's no way in hell I would have represented United (something else I had to "justify" more and more after Jack died when nobody had any issue with my contempt for them before that) at any level even under 12s. Don't call me a liar. Admittedly I've seen some City/Liverpool fans say they would let their kids play for United youth and would have done the same themselves. I can't understand that logic at all. Hypothetically or otherwise if United express an interest in a young player other clubs would as well. Even if United made the first approach all you would have to do is send letters to every other top club (and even some average clubs) in the country saying "United want me can you take a look instead"? I even saw one story about a kid crying (think it was a City fan who's parents were also City fans) because United scouts had spotted them and they forced their kid to go and attend one of their youth sessions. Why didn't they just call up City or anyone else and tell them? Maybe it's a bit extreme to call that child abuse but never denied my contempt for United approaches psychotic levels at times. 

In all likelihood I wouldn't have represented Burnley either because even then their boring name alone would have sent me to sleep and been detrimental to any enthusiasm. No wonder they haven't had more takeover interest though FUP lessens any appeal too. No doubt FUP and their paranoia over relegation caused the family to pressure the trustees more and more. Ultimately to the point their "extensive research" led them to sell to people who didn't even know what relegation was. I guess because of my pro takeover stance it's somehow hypocritical of me to have expected them to at least do some actual research and conduct an intensive questioning process. If not for me at least for the vast majority.

Said I wasn't going to "justify" myself again and then I write responses like this. Anyone who says I can't help myself and rant too much you're probably right. 

Edited by Vinjay17

1 hour ago, Vinjay17 said:

It was a Premier League club and some fans seemed to think playing for England was the height of achievement. "Dunny for England" was playing for Rovers not good enough for some? Rovers were a Premier League club (and pretty damn established even taking the 2 year absence into account) you wouldn't have heard Liverpool fans chanting "Fowler for England" despite his limited number of appearances. People chanted it with Sutton of course but I guess any fanbase would have done the same after that whole England B/Hoddle fallout. Sutton regretted it but how could you justify picking Les Ferdinand ahead of him in 97-98 season? Maybe in 96-97 while Ferdinand was banging in goals at Newcastle but in 1998 it was the other way round. Didn't people question Hoddle picking Ferdinand because he happened to be at Spurs? Darren Anderton as well who initially in WC 98 was selected ahead of Beckham.

Also it's more than fair to question Dunn accepting a callup from Eriksson. If he's the great local icon he claims to be then he should have refused or at the very least criticised Eriksson's behaviour towards the club (and Jack in particular) in 1997 and leading Jansen to believe he would be in 02 squad. I guess exaggerating his "hatred" of Burnley (played for their youth didn't he because he hates them so much?) was more important than speaking up for Jack though. He even had to spin that into a story about turning them down for Rovers in the end as if that was a tough decision ?. People can say what they like about me impacted by years of mental/psychological abuse which never gets taken into account. That's not an exaggeration because I was right about the Walker family influencing the trustees + their neglect in general.

In 1997 had I been an aspiring youth player (that's a VERY hypothetical scenario lol) there's no way in hell I would have represented United (something else I had to "justify" more and more after Jack died when nobody had any issue with my contempt for them before that) at any level even under 12s. Don't call me a liar. Admittedly I've seen some City/Liverpool fans say they would let their kids play for United youth and would have done the same themselves. I can't understand that logic at all. Hypothetically or otherwise if United express an interest in a young player other clubs would as well. Even if United made the first approach all you would have to do is send letters to every other top club (and even some average clubs) in the country saying "United want me can you take a look instead"? In all likelihood I wouldn't have represented Burnley either because even then their boring name alone would have sent me to sleep. No wonder they haven't had more takeover interest though FUP lessens any appeal too. No doubt FUP and their paranoia over relegation caused the family to pressure the trustees more and more. Ultimately to the point their "extensive research" led them to sell to people who didn't even know what relegation was. I guess because of my pro takeover stance it's somehow hypocritical of me to have expected them to at least do some actual research and conduct an intensive questioning process. If not for me at least for the vast majority.

Said I wasn't going to "justify" myself again and then I write responses like this. Anyone who says I can't help myself and rant too much you're probably right. 

So whats your point?

You seem to start off on one thing and then as you keep writing you head off in multiple different directions.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

So whats your point?

You seem to start off on one thing and then as you keep writing you head off in multiple different directions.

At least he didn't start with "Let me be absolutely clear...."!

So, I prefer Vinjay to Theresa May but its a low bar!

• Backroom
4 hours ago, 47er said:

At least he didn't start with "Let me be absolutely clear...."!

So, I prefer Vinjay to Theresa May but its a low bar!

At least he doesn't bother curtsying! Whereas May looks like she's dropped her keys and shat herself at the same time!

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

In 1997 had I been an aspiring youth player (that's a VERY hypothetical scenario lol because my footballing "ability" is beyond non existent) there's no way in hell I would have represented United (something else I had to "justify" more and more after Jack died when nobody had any issue with my contempt for them before that) at any level even under 12s. Don't call me a liar. Admittedly I've seen some City/Liverpool fans say they would let their kids play for United youth and would have done the same themselves. I can't understand that logic at all. Hypothetically or otherwise if United express an interest in a young player other clubs would as well. Even if United made the first approach all you would have to do is send letters to every other top club (and even some average clubs) in the country saying "United want me can you take a look instead"? I even saw one story about a kid crying (think it was a City fan who's parents were also City fans) because United scouts had spotted them and they forced their kid to go and attend one of their youth sessions. Why didn't they just call up City or anyone else and tell them? Maybe it's a bit extreme to call that child abuse but never denied my contempt for United approaches psychotic levels at times. 

In all likelihood I wouldn't have represented Burnley either because even then their boring name alone would have sent me to sleep and been detrimental to any enthusiasm. No wonder they haven't had more takeover interest though FUP lessens any appeal too. No doubt FUP and their paranoia over relegation caused the family to pressure the trustees more and more. Ultimately to the point their "extensive research" led them to sell to people who didn't even know what relegation was. I guess because of my pro takeover stance it's somehow hypocritical of me to have expected them to at least do some actual research and conduct an intensive questioning process. If not for me at least for the vast majority.

Can you please say, as requested previously, in one or two lines, why you have such a strong dislike of David Dunn.

23 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

I think you just need to stop following football altogether.

You can't possibly gain any enjoyment out of it.

A local boy, who played in the top flight for Rovers and represented his country, whilst a Rovers player. In the modern era, how many players can say that at any club? For me he lived the dream that most of us had and for that reason I will always consider him to be a Rovers legend.

• Like 6

From a footballing side of things I was never convinced Dunny had the makings of a coach/manager, and the fact that we're not replacing him is pretty telling. Don't think it'll be a huge loss or have a big impact on the club. From the interview it sounds like Dunny has had enough of coaching too...