BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Dunny leaving his role at Rovers

56 minutes ago, Amo said:

I'd say Dunn was more a cult hero than a legend.

What's the difference? (not meaning to sound argumentative - genuine question)

If the difference is in terms of ability or what they achieved generally as opposed to winning goals against Burnley, then I think I can see where you're coming from in the sense that you'd never put him in the same bracket as Shearer.

But even then he still achieved international honours, as well as promotion and a major trophy with us, and even with his injuries played hundreds of games and scored a bagful. You could pick a handful of players in the last couple of decades who were better than him, but I'm struggling to see how he could be classed as a cult hero but not a legend to be honest (unless I'm getting the wrong end of the stick). 

Just now, arbitro said:

I was irritated by his  'get real' interview whIch I saw as support for Kean. As a local lad he should have known more than any other player how we all felt about Kean and the way the club was being wantonly pillaged by Kean and his associates.

I hear him no malice but I don't feel any sorrow about him leaving.

It's like anything in life you dont bite off the hand that feeds you, if your hoping to stop around remaining in employment for a while.

He used them they used him who won and who lost ?

Edited by JAL

He's the local lad Dunn good and that's always nice to see plus as a player he'd more in his toenail that most we've seen since. Bailed out when he went billybigstones and made a horlicks of it by choosing Brum, very unfortunate with injuries although some of his lifestyle choices were just that, his and that can't have helped at times.

Loyalty has been a two way street really were he is concerned as after his bail out which Souness probably could have handled better although he was right in his thinking long term on how Dunn should play so they were always on collision course over that probably. He levelled it out a bit though when he came back after being sat in Sams office at Bolton about to sign for them then legging back over here when the call came. Good spells when fit under HUGHES and Sam made it the right call for both parties, woefully underused at times under GB for whatever reasons.

. I'm sure he's had other offers at times as well but overall Rovers have been very good to him due to his local roots and high esteem with the fans. He's given a lot to the club at times but he'll have done very well thankyou out of it as well.

He'll probably be back sometime in the future anyway.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

What's the difference? (not meaning to sound argumentative - genuine question) 

He blotted his copybook going to Brum and shilling for Kean. A true club legend wouldn't have done that.

On 26/06/2018 at 14:06, JAL said:

It's like anything in life you dont bite off the hand that feeds you, if your hoping to stop around remaining in employment for a while.

He used them they used him who won and who lost ?

We did.

21 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

"I'm not going to any other club. I'm totally having a break from coaching and managing"

@David8Dunn explains the reasons for his departure as #Blackburn @Rovers U23 assistant manager

More from 6 via https://t.co/zkLJqi4VlB https://t.co/bAw8JLe6VC

But might get involved in agency work....maybe